Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

North American PSN users get to vote again on what game goes on sale: Skyrim Special Edition or The Evil Within's Digital Bundle.

Apparently both games have been on sale on the PSN in the past for deeper discounts than the voting offers here so hey go wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there any point to putting stuff up against Skyrim or does everyone already own a copy of that now?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I just unlocked archers in Patapon Remastered and so far the only problem was that they didn't remake the opening movie and it plays on your TV at PSP resolutions, afterwards everything is hi-res like they promised.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no real way of doing prerendered movies at a higher resolution than they were originally unless a) there are high res masters somewhere, b) you remake it from scratch, or c) you make it a blown up blurry mess.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lakbay posted:

I just unlocked archers in Patapon Remastered and so far the only problem was that they didn't remake the opening movie and it plays on your TV at PSP resolutions, afterwards everything is hi-res like they promised.

But is the archery realistic?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'll support any project that adds to the often overlooked but crucial game genre of Chicks With Bows (CWB).

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'm really enjoying Doom. What other FPS can i play single player since I don't have PS+?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wolfenstein

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Titanfall 2, it's short but good

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man I wish they'd do a Prototype 3. I checked out some Second Son videos and that glowy-light aesthetic is weak as hell next to horrible bio-monstrosity you could become in that game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Neon powers in SS were absolutely gorgeous though, you maniac.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also p much all of the Infamous games are better than Prototype but especially Second Son.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The best feature of the Infamous series is that user mission that collects all the shards for you in I2. Everything else fell short of those two minutes of pure joy.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks guys. I see that Star Wars Battlefront is cheap now, how does that work single player?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Poorly

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, it's really an online multiplayer game through-and-through, true single player is just matches against bots really. The sequel is going to have a proper campaign.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hadji murad posted:

I'm really enjoying Doom. What other FPS can i play single player since I don't have PS+?

I am also really enjoying doom after getting it the other day and can heartily recommend Titanfall 2. Single player is awesome and multiplayer is still getting updates and free dlc.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'd like to pick up Titanfall if it's cheap but multiplayer doesn't really work for me with fatherhood and not wanting to be a dick dropping out of games.

I think this is why the idea of bot matches in SWBF is appealing to me.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I can't think of anything less fun than playing an MP game full of bots.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

hadji murad posted:

Just another reason I want TimeSplitters 2 (the full thing, not the admittedly cool singleplayer slice that is in Homefront) or Future Perfect again. Even just as low-effort PS2-on-PS4 releases.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

But is the archery realistic?

pon pon pata pon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS+ games are up. Super Motherload is crossbuy PS3/4 but you'll have to claim the PS3 version for free then go to the separate page for the PS4 version and claim it if you want that?

Does anyone want that? I've no idea what it's like.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hadji murad posted:

I'd like to pick up Titanfall if it's cheap but multiplayer doesn't really work for me with fatherhood and not wanting to be a dick dropping out of games.

Pick any FPS you want, choose quick match, drop whenever you want and don't look back. If you're not playing with people you know nobody is gonna care or even expect better

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

I can't think of anything less fun than playing an MP game full of bots.

Playing a Souls game

:clint:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Sakurazuka posted:

PS+ games are up. Super Motherload is crossbuy PS3/4 but you'll have to claim the PS3 version for free then go to the separate page for the PS4 version and claim it if you want that?

Does anyone want that? I've no idea what it's like.

It's very repetitive and Steamworld Dig has a better A E S T H E T I C but it's hard to beat free. If you can do all the claiming through the webstore then it's a nominal effort for another title in the library.

In theme news, I saw that the Serial Cleaner dynamic theme was free for PS+ owners. I don't know if that deal's still live, but it's a pretty good theme in that it's not offensive to the eyes or ears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1vIUCTrIz0

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

Also p much all of the Infamous games are better than Prototype but especially Second Son.
What I mainly loved about Prototype was the sheer amount of escalating destruction both you personally were capable of and the way the world got steadily more hosed-up as the story progressed. Does I2 have either something like that or something to replace it?

The videos I checked had the dude running around fast, wandering up a building (again like in Prototype), and the neon power was a stream of energy bullets which were less than impressive. Was that just early gameplay then and they much better later?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't see the new PS+ games yet; thought they don't go up until this afternoon?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're up in the EU where it is afternoon I guess :P

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Living in the future is cool af

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hadji murad posted:

Bad news: the bots are so authentic they'll also think you're a dick for bailing on the game early and refuse to play with you again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Be warned that Titanfall 2 and DOOM will ruin other FPS games for you, they're both insanely fast and run like a dream.
I tried to go back to play Overwatch after doing the TF2 multiplayer and it felt like the game was in slow motion.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

hadji murad posted:

100% Titanfall 2. Been working my way through the campaign myself and it's fantastic.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i just played through cod:iw campaign which was ok, finished the last few chapters of wolfenstein which was great, and am probably a little over halfway into titanfall 2 which is also great.

good shooters this gen, especially surprised with wolfenstein and doom.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, I've been waiting forever for The Bug Butcher to go on sale so I'm glad that amongst the many indie games that are on sale this week, that was in there.

Also it appears all Adult Swim games are on sale.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PS+ games up for the US now! This is a real good month drat. Still hoping that JC3 runs better than on my pc but apparently it may just be that phoning home issue there so idk.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Huh, I'm being told I'm ineligible to get JC3 for some reason.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

:same:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

U-DO Burger posted:

FWIW I was able to look up and successfully start downloading all four games (Super Motherload is also a cross-buy and I didn't even need to do some convoluted PS3 redeem to get it, although it looks like shovelware so meh) a few hours ago, though in the past it locked me out of doing so until the afternoon. Maybe try in a bit? :shrug:

Also, is any of JC3's bloated DLC list worth it?

Brinx
Aug 1, 2005
mouse is a biscuit
Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

Also, is any of JC3's bloated DLC list worth it?

The jetpack in the Sky Fortress expansion is fun. But unless you've got a desire to blow up more of the same things in slightly novelty locations, not really. The extra story is pretty thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
If you're enjoying the game and like the way the wingsuit works in flight, you should at least look at the Sky Fortress DLC. Honestly none of the DLC missions are that good, but I think the Air one (which came out first and set some expectations a bit too high for the rest of the DLC) has the best stuff, and the best stuff is a jetpack which basically makes the wingsuit even better and lets you fire rockets like a fighter jet. The rest of it is underwhelming really.

Land gives you a mech which is neat and has a weird gravity-gun alt-fire, but picking up physics objects unfortunately involves physics and the game doesn't like that all that much. Not a bad idea, but too limited to be good enough for an entire DLC to be built around it. Sea gives you a rocket boat which is again cool but not enough to make an entire DLC worthwhile. Seems odd to make each of the DLCs based on a vehicle when all the vehicles pretty much suck and you want to be grappling around with a wingsuit the whole game. And the areas the DLC gives you aren't really that interesting all in all. I think as one expansion they'd be alright, with maybe a couple more guns, gadgets and free-roam distractions, but breaking up the pace and trying to sell them as separate DLCs really killed them for me.

Apart from those, what is there? I think it was just some guns you don't need and an upgraded mech you'll never really use, none of which I ended up buying because it's not included in the Season Pass (dick move, guys). If there's anything else it's so forgettable that it's not worth getting.

TheDarkFlame fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 1, 2017