Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why has the popipepipi stopped being posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Sally Forth is good but yeah I enjoy reading the old strips the most, I think. They really show that even though time marches on, quite a lot never changes.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Calaveron posted:

Why has the popipepipi stopped being posted

looks like the person posting it got permabanned back in february

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

random Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Baby Blues

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set actually makes a good point.

Working Daze can't turn off.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix makes history.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Water balloons always look like so much fun on TV, but then you actually get some and this happens every time. :-(

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell
I thought the "joke" was going to be that that was the carnivorous rabbit and it was going to eat the predators. I don't know what what's going on now.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
So did they never check with Pru to see if she actually had people sign up ahead of time, or what? Are they just handing out their money like it's candy?

(Credit where credit's due: Turning the "Greg 7-31" into one of the fridge papers was kind of cute)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

These ostensibly 50-year old adults named their cafe "Kafe Kablooie" without a hint of irony

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

treasureplane posted:

It wasn't clear to me that anyone was reading it (or any of the other strips I was posting, for that matter), so I stopped. I could start posting it again if there's interest.

I enjoyed them very much! Much like everyone else, I only post about the comics that infuriate me, which were very much not your comics. I'm not about to order you about, but I wouldn't be at all sad if you were to start posting them again!

:justpost:

And now that I said that, I'm still behind on getting some Moomin.

I am very sorry. I will try to remedy soon.

Edit: Come to think of it, I was really invested in Gasoline Alley (obviously the old one) and King Aroo as well. All of yours, really. I probably would have said something sooner but this thread moves really fast and sometimes I get really far behind and read like 10 or even 50 pages to catch up and it's harder to notice when something stops :(

ssb fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 1, 2017

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Kavak posted:

I know what it's saying about normalization and the future, but what it reads as is "Nixon hosed everyone's wives".

Also keep posting Flash Gordon.

I don't think anyone in 1974 would have thought, "Nixon hosed someone other than Pat" was plausible. Hell, "Nixon hosed Pat in the past ten years" would have been debatable.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

These ostensibly 50-year old adults named their cafe "Kafe Kablooie" without a hint of irony

And it's named after the fact that the owner's previous food establishment blew up in a (probable) insurance scam.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Reminder that we were never given Skip's reasoning for calling himself Floyd.

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Where did Luann's folks get all that money?

patb01
Jul 4, 2008
Meth lab,

It's the stuff they leave on the cutting room floor.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (October 12, 1995)

Garfield Classic (October 12, 1985)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Strontium posted:

Viivi & Wagner

Wagner's arm suddenly six feet long

not that anything in this strip is ever to scale with anything. Still one of the more charming strips posted even if I can never really read Viivi's expressions.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

The Bloop posted:

Wagner's arm suddenly six feet long

not that anything in this strip is ever to scale with anything. Still one of the more charming strips posted even if I can never really read Viivi's expressions.

It's immensely hit or miss for me, sometimes it's one of the best comics, but it went on like a 2 month stretch where they forgot to tell a joke a bit back. It's been consistently good since then though, maybe the writer was going through a tough time or something.

The one thing that still bugs me a lot about it is this:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
I'm just glad V&W is getting any sort of response at all. I personally didn't care for it before I started posting it. It always seemed like an absurd slice of absurd life with no continuity, where the absurdity of the depicted situations should be comical enough that there need not be any punchlines. Either I've warmed up to the concept or the writing has gotten better the past few months.

In any case, this has to be the single best strip I've ever posted:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Zits

Reply All

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Credible sources.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

catlord posted:

There's a police chopper watching the entire thing unfold. They 100% saw that if they saw the truck get rammed, he has no deniability at all, and if he's escaping on a motorcycle he can't be taking that much. How much does he think is in a single bag?
Snails is dumb as hell.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-TOon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

yeah dont explain how hard drives retain data until its overwritten or anything

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Zippy

Ripley's

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Guy Gilchrist thinks his modern Nancy is a ray of sunshine but it's really just off-putting and unpleasantly forced. A Good Comic

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Shut up!

quote:

"Should we hire an actual professional inventory audit service?"
"Nah, just give the employees a huge-rear end printout, a hand scanner, and have them stay until 2 in the goddamn morning."

God working retail sucked.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Evil Mastermind posted:

Shut up!

"Nah, just give the employees a huge-rear end printout, a hand scanner, and have them stay until 2 in the goddamn morning."

The professional inventory ERGIS guys usually hosed up so bad we had to stay with them and correct their counts.

Working at Sears was not a high point in my life.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Vargo posted:

random Wallace the Brave

That's cute.

Is there any surer way to make money than to invest in local theatre?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2002 Spiderman

The Amazing Mole Man

I'm digging the coincidental contrast here. "I can't tell Aunt May I'm Spiderman, the shock would kill her!" "An ancient roman emperor is constantly trying to kill you and I could be in danger too? gently caress it, he won't stand in the way of my happiness!"

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Fleep

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Man, this Funky Winkerbean Ohio movie premiere story is really, really dumb and contrived.

For some reason that just popped into my head today. FW doesn't get to the top of my hate-reads often but I think it's there now. Whatever 9CL is brewing up may give it some competition soon though.

F Miinus

Once again, I find it hard to argue with Carrillo.

Mark Trail

The thief of your party has found you some horses for your quest.

Also thanks for putting that horse's rear end right smack in the middle of the panel, James Allen.

Mary Worth

Yeah he's just blown away by her filing skills.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
She says whilst coked out of her loving mind

Wait, those aren't eyelashes, those are meant to show illumination! SHE IS A ROBOT

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mark Trail's colorist doesn't even pretend to give a poo poo anymore either. Blue-white gradient across the whole image, gently caress it, time for lunch.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Shut up!

My store spreads it out over two days. Day one is scanning the stockrooms and as much of the shopfloor as possible after closing and day two is scanning the remainder while the store is open. Which is insane, there is no possible way that the count is accurate if you scan whilst the store is open and customers are loving everything up.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm actually kind of interested in where this Rex Morgan plot is going to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Never try to pull a scam on The Mary Worth Fan Club.

9 Chickweed Lane

• Locked thread