Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Did anyone catch the expansion's price before the store site crashed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Also the announcement stream got to almost 50k viewers on twitch, the only other MMO that could get that high is WoW and maybe FFXIV.

I don't have a problem with HoT being a separate thing, they never promised to bundle it, you don't NEED it, and the base game is free.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

29.99 for the base

54.99 for base plus goodies

79.99 for previous package + 4000 gems.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Ultimate - €79,99
Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire
Max-Level Boost
Additional Character Slot
Identity Repair Kit
Spearmarshal's Presence
Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass
4000 Gems
Deluxe - €54,99
Max-Level Boost
Additional Character Slot
Identity Repair Kit
Spearmarshal's Presence
Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass
Standard -€29,99
Max-Level Boost

same prices in $

Spearmarshal's Presence is an outfit, the pass is for a 1% zone

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
According to WP, Weaver has over 40 new skills including new skills for all the old weapons.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

I believe the standard edition was like $30, not 100% sure though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ultimate by far is the best value there if you were going to buy gems already

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

Ultimate by far is the best value there if you were going to buy gems already

Best Value

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

According to WP, Weaver has over 40 new skills including new skills for all the old weapons.

:eyepop:

So, okay, assuming the order of the elements doesn't matter (like, fire + air is the same as air + fire), that gives us, what, 6 mixed-element skills per weapon, right? Fire + water, fire + air, fire + earth, water + air, water + earth, air + earth. Even if we only count main-hand weapons (assuming that off-hands don't change what your mixed-element skill is), that's 24 new skills already. Then all the new sword skills (either 8 or 12, depending on if there are pure fire, water, air, and earth skills for the mixed slot or if it's always mixed) and a healing skill, probably 4 utility skills, and an elite skill, so yeah. A bit over 40 sounds about right.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I wanna see more of the new zones, there were some amazing glimpses there like sunspear temple

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Nah, the deluxe version not having any extra gems makes standard the obvious choice this time.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Did they show images or videos for the classes? At work and twitch is blocked...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Keegers posted:

Did they show images or videos for the classes? At work and twitch is blocked...

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qldl8_e-DiU

e: also now I can finish the new OP! Stay tuned!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So necro gives up death shroud and gains support skill stuff. Ranger loses the pet but only when in BEAST MODE, which replaced celestial avatar and is temporary as such.

Mesmer dodge doesn't move you for max dps uptime.

The Engi holo weapon effects look bad rear end, and thief crouches in stealth.

the streamer Peachy was given access and made a video of the gameplay from the classes if you want to see more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflQFIFnpVo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also someone should get the thread title changed because the current one sucks

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
arus is making a new thread

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

"guild wars 2: path of fire--and no, not my urethra"

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

also someone should get the thread title changed because the current one sucks

I've said many times I'm making a new thread!!! and actually hope to have it up later today, the thread title initially will be about the expansion release date to draw people in, then we'll change it to being about your fiery urethra

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Looks like they snuck in new hair, beard, and face options for humans. (Good, because there were not many options for black characters.)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Dual attunements and sword!

:gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

i saw a lot of outfits, but no armors

At least there were some new weapon skins

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Totally buying Ultimate when I get home, hopefully the servers have settled down by then

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Mizuti posted:

Looks like they snuck in new hair, beard, and face options for humans. (Good, because there were not many options for black characters.)

Oh my god a frizzy afro :swoon:

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Disappointed because there is no undead Quaggan mount. Canceling preorder!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

dad on the rag posted:

but I rode your mum last night?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Shame no new class announced.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

dad on the rag posted:

However, you can dye the mounts, so you can still have a hot pink raptor.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
No shroud for new necro spec, that's going to change the class massively

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Keegers posted:

I really doubt they're planning to ever add entirely new classes. We've got 3 of each armor type, and the elite specializations are adding so many new options that it doesn't really feel like we'd need more classes.

Edit: Mounts are usable in old maps as well!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Keegers posted:

There's more than enough classes, I'm not disappointed at all. 3 heavy, 3 medium, 3 light for armour classes and adding specializations to each is not only how they said they're moving forward, it's also the best idea.

Hopefully next up is adding more weapons, like loving spears!

e:fb on part of that heh
e2: vvvvvv same unironically

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Looking forward to the flood of mount skins in the cash shop.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

First gemstore mount skin will be to add a cowboy hat to the Raptor and I will buy it immediately.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Visidan posted:

No shroud for new necro spec, that's going to change the class massively

I had the same thought. A solid chunk of core traitline skills involve life force, and the majority of them are only good because of the LF effect.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
gently caress, I only have a month and a half to make Shining Blade for my future weaver. Gotta get to choppin.

Holosmith looks so much more fun to play than scrapper. Seems like it'll be a big mashup of engine, ele, and necro fightinf styles. My fingers are ready.

Iboga pets! Also lol at finally getting rid of ranger's reliance on AI. But seriously soulbeast sounds rad.

I don't care how deadeye works. They had me at thief rifle.

While not very flashy, spellbreaker is an interesting direction to go with warrior. Finally, heavy armor and daggers, together at last. Do they get them for both hands?

Not too crazy about scourge, but maybe once the details come out it'll look more attractive. If the summons are good, it could bring back the classic minion master necro. At least torch gives a good chance of getting reliable burn!

Renegade's shortbow skills look awesome, but the spec seems out of place thematically. Wish they could've tied it to Elona somehow. Smh at the erasure of Elonian culture.

Mirage. Not looking forward to playing against these if I ever do PvP again.

Firebrand. Ehhh? It's AoE heavy I guess.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Best torch skin, ever.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
So, does Path of Fire include Heart of Thorns, or do I need to buy both?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shockeh posted:

Path is $30 base, Heart is $20 if you buy it bundled.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Shockeh posted:

You'll need to buy both.

They showed a piece of enviroment art of a blue flapping dragon toy and if it was Aurene she looks dumber than ever growing up.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Both, but it's only $20 to add in HoT.

edit: lol, twice beaten.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I think I can have astralaria finished by the launch date. My three barriers as it stands (IIRC) the gift of wvw reward track (just gotta knuckle down and do), the gift of...nuhoch mastery? the thing from doing all of the nuhoch masteries that costs 500 leyline crystals, whatever it's called, and lastly the crystalline ingots

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
The new Living World Season 3 Complete Pack with the first five episodes is now available for 800 gems and can be found in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store.
The second expansion’s Deluxe upgrade is available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 2,400 gems. This is only available to players who have already purchased the standard version of the second expansion.
The Living World Season 2 Complete Pack is now available for 30% off and can be found in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 960 gems for one week.
Infinite Unbound Magic Gathering Tools return to the Gem Store for a limited time and are available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 2,700 gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shockeh posted:

If you want both, you'll need to buy both. That said, I think you'll probably only need to buy Heart of Thorns if you actually want to play Heart of Thorns, since there's no expansion-to-expansion progression.

I reserve the right to be wrong if it turns out you need gliding from HoT or something and they don't also give it to you pin Path of Fire, but I kinda doubt they'd do that.

• Locked thread