Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Bohemian Nights posted:

How is first person

Test server patch delayed til tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Space Hamlet posted:

Test server patch delayed til tomorrow

Aw man, I thought it was out right now. Oh well.

I'd like to play it just once to dispel myself of all illusions that I'd like it better so I could get it out of my system and just fully enjoy 3p

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

this season started out great for me. first game I crashed within 5 minutes, second game was my first ever red zone death, and third was a top 10 with no kills. lol what a poo poo night

Last night I took a boat to spawn island then walked to the circle uneventfully until it was me and 7 others. Dude approached 10m to my left and I just stood up and tried to left click him real good but nothing happened then he shot me and I died.

I forgot to take out my gun.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I'm so excited to try the new changes...

Drive Bys are Dangerous

Also, normally I can't get enough real life friends to play games with me, which is where goons always come in. This game is different, I'm going to have to make appointments to play with goons...

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Zo posted:

also, speak of the devil

best quality of life fix yet

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Aren't tenements best for density? It's just you don't have time to sweep 60 rooms

Tenements are absolutely horrible.

Last time I played the best loot in the game was in the party wall two-store buildings in Yasnaya Polyana by a margin so grotesque compared to anything else that I'll be surprised if they haven't fixed it yet.

Edit:

quote:

Characters farther than 500m away from a vehicle will no longer hear the tire screech sound

Holy poo poo thank the lord!

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 1, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Discospawn posted:

Any idea what the 'lower rail attachment' to the SKS will do?

Foregrips, which should be pretty good on the SKS since you'll be able to cut down the vertical recoil a lot.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

odiv posted:

Too bad we don't have a lock/unlock door button.

*click*
"Okay, guys, I'm done fooling around you can get back in the car now."
"Great, here we-"
*click*
"Oh, you just missed it. Too bad."

Put in child locks please.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Also, put in the ability to throw the car keys into the ocean to gently caress over the rear end in a top hat who is about to kill me.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

odiv posted:

Also, put in the ability to throw the car keys into the ocean to gently caress over the rear end in a top hat who is about to kill me.

its called shooting the tires

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

its called shooting the tires

Just make sure the new car you have has gas before you shoot the tires of the old one.

One match we knew early on it was going to be the military island so after leaving prim we grabbed every boat on the north side and ran it aground. By the time the second circle had finished we were down to 35 people in the game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Party Plane Jones posted:

Just make sure the new car you have has gas before you shoot the tires of the old one.

*shoots out tires of only other vehicle within 5km*
"Hah, those fuckers behind us are hosed!"
*peels out in car, hits pixel-sized rock, rolls into ditch*

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Elentor posted:

Tenements are absolutely horrible.

Last time I played the best loot in the game was in the party wall two-store buildings in Yasnaya Polyana by a margin so grotesque compared to anything else that I'll be surprised if they haven't fixed it yet.

Edit:

Holy poo poo thank the lord!

I always swore I could hear extremely faint tire sounds when there was literally nothing nearby, nice to know I wasn't insane.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

OdinsBeard posted:

I always swore I could hear extremely faint tire sounds when there was literally nothing nearby, nice to know I wasn't insane.

:same:

I called it out a lot too and everyone I play with thinks I'm insane now.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ice Fist posted:

:same:

I called it out a lot too and everyone I play with thinks I'm insane now.

Third'd.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OdinsBeard posted:

My friends and I assumed that it was part of the ambient noise, a cruel joke intended to keep players awake.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Elentor posted:

My friends and I assumed that it was part of the ambient noise, a cruel joke intended to keep players awake.

THERE ARE GUYS-oh wait nope just a scrap of paper. YES GUYS NOR-nope butterfly sorry

actually the fly ambient noise is perfectly annoying when you're trying to listen for someone near you

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

THERE ARE GUYS-oh wait nope just a scrap of paper. YES GUYS NOR-nope butterfly sorry

actually the fly ambient noise is perfectly annoying when you're trying to listen for someone near you

Flying scraps of paper gets me every time!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

accipter posted:

Flying scraps of paper gets me every time!

The unpaved street that runs through Pochinki is the loving worst for this.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pleads posted:

*shoots out tires of only other vehicle within 5km*
"Hah, those fuckers behind us are hosed!"
*peels out in car, hits pixel-sized rock, rolls into ditch*

I've had this happen. You have to laugh when it happens too.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I was pinned down with the blue on my heels. The guy firing on me was also in the outside of the safe zone but halfway up a hill. I sat behind a tree and awaited my fate. Once the blue passed me I guess he thought he was safe so he turned and started running up the hill towards the circle. I took him out with a single well placed headshot right before I died to the blue.

I love this game.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

One major layer of the rainfall noise loop sounds exactly like footsteps to me. It makes me incredibly jittery.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Zomborgon posted:

One major layer of the rainfall noise loop sounds exactly like footsteps to me. It makes me incredibly jittery.

Speaking of rain, one of the patch notes is something like "set rainfall probability back how it's supposed to be". Does that mean more or less often? I've literally seen it once ever so I'm gonna assume "more".

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Speaking of rain, one of the patch notes is something like "set rainfall probability back how it's supposed to be". Does that mean more or less often? I've literally seen it once ever so I'm gonna assume "more".

Should be more often now, feels like the rain frequency was reduced with the patch that added the sunset skybox map style.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Zomborgon posted:

I swear to god there's a crying cat sound in the rain noise. Listen for it. You won't un-hear it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Pleads posted:

I swear to god there's a crying cat sound in the rain noise. Listen for it. You won't un-hear it.

:( someone pet the kitty!

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

fargom posted:

Should be more often now, feels like the rain frequency was reduced with the patch that added the sunset skybox map style.

I love both the rain and sunset maps, wish they came up more often.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Secret Moves the Pros Don't Want You to Know (and how to counter them)

In-game footage of top-rank players trying to use their secret strategies against me. Watch how I beat them every time!
http://plays.tv/video/5980ae201c2e956277/8-pro-player-strategies-and-how-to-counter-them

Eclipse12 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 1, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my boss was playing yesterday and this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r8QstYZebI&t=21s

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Eclipse12 posted:

In-game footage of top-rank players trying to use their secret strategies against me. Watch how I beat them every time!
http://plays.tv/video/5980ae201c2e956277/8-pro-player-strategies-and-how-to-counter-them

did you win? good footage

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Eclipse12 posted:

Asia, when you have no MMR, is hilarious.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Asia, when you have no MMR, is hilarious.

Not Asia, just the stat reset. Guess the result is basically the same, though. Almost feel bad sometimes. Not that I'm that good myself, but man...

Eclipse12 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 1, 2017

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Tokubetsu posted:

did you win? good footage

Thanks. To answer your question:
http://plays.tv/video/5980a0cec54d9f00e4/hit-detection?from=user

The fact that nothing hit, especially in the first volley when he was heavily exposed, is pretty sad. It's hard to see on the blurry graphics, but when I was shooting the right side, his body was definitely exposed. It looked to me to be passing right through him.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
^^^^
Well poo poo, answered.

Eclipse12 posted:

Didn't post final kill. What was the pro strat that got you?

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Athanatos posted:

^^^^
Well poo poo, answered.

Didn't post final kill. What was the pro strat that got you?

The Ghilli Vanilli.

No current counter-strategy exists at this time.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
So dumb question time - just upgraded from 8 to 16 GB of RAM. My graphics card is not great (750M) so I've got everything pretty much at minimum, including screen scale, but I do see an improvement in 'smoothness' and playability after making the upgrade. What would be the first graphic tweaks I should start to push up with the added RAM I've installed?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Eclipse12 posted:

I'm a big fan of #1

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Good to know that if I work really hard, got like two or three times better, I could be pro level.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I was just thinking about the movie jurassic park and I realized how much better this game would be if we could drop on that island. With all the dinos, of course.

Now I'm sad this doesn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Hooplah posted:

I was just thinking about the movie jurassic park and I realized how much better this game would be if we could drop on that island. With all the dinos, of course.

Now I'm sad this doesn't exist
There's no shortage of cool ideas like this one. You could do different time periods as well. Medieval britain dotted with castles with horses to ride. Ancient roman city, maybe even with chariots. Modern Manhattan, with traffic. Fuckin' Hoth for all I care. The overarching mechanics of the game are strong enough to fit a pretty broad set of ideas.

• Locked thread