Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

TheDemon posted:

You maindeck 4 Kozilek's Return. An instant wipe shuts down a deck that relies on 1 and 2-toughness creatures and combat tricks. You keep building your mana and tap them out so they can't play Hazoret or Chandra to recover.

Also 12 Pieces of spot removal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Mezzanon posted:

Also 12 Pieces of spot removal

12x Removals you say?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
How stupid do you need to be to get permanently muted presumably from raging after getting owned, and then evade the mute by communicating through challenge messages?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A fool and his money are soon parted, but you gotta see his Pony Power Nine.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
I wish it was viable for me to actually buy cards off of Card Kingdom, just so I'd get the "I have 12x Removals" LRR pin.

Well, that and "Go Jump off a sea-cliff".

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The MTGO decklist changes were terrible and anti-player, but at least we get to see a wide variety of decklists. For instance, check out these three five different decklists:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/competitive-standard-constructed-league-2017-07-31

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Jenx posted:

I wish it was viable for me to actually buy cards off of Card Kingdom, just so I'd get the "I have 12x Removals" LRR pin.

Well, that and "Go Jump off a sea-cliff".

CK have run out of that one and are onto a reprint of an older one now. "Look at the cards!" i believe.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

The MTGO decklist changes were terrible and anti-player, but at least we get to see a wide variety of decklists. For instance, check out these three five different decklists:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/competitive-standard-constructed-league-2017-07-31
ahahah

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

mehall posted:

CK have run out of that one and are onto a reprint of an older one now. "Look at the cards!" i believe.

That's a good one too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hellsau posted:

So what does this mean about the change? Did it even work?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what does this mean about the change? Did it even work?

Since we're seeing 5 lists instead of 10, giving us less access to information, it worked exactly as intended.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Absolutely everyone who knows anything about Magic right now will be able to tell you Ramunap Red if you ask them about the best deck in standard, and most of them can recite the entire decklist from memory.

So I would say the information suppression campaign isn't quite having the desired effect just yet. At minimum you would have to stifle any streaming or reporting from pro tours and GPs. But of course, people who were there would just post the lists on reddit. It's a tough challenge, but bless them they're giving it their best.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Yes but now you can see two* misbuilt versions of the deck!

*at least

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Game day weekend is also full of PPTQ's in my area for modern. What are you guys playing in modern right now? There is one friday that is like a 10 dollar entry and I might just play boggles and shut my brain off.

In barely mtg news, I hope I never gently caress up this bad on social media.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sickening posted:

Game day weekend is also full of PPTQ's in my area for modern. What are you guys playing in modern right now? There is one friday that is like a 10 dollar entry and I might just play boggles and shut my brain off.

Tag yourself, I'm the guy who liked all of them but "please".

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

The most "real" deck I have right now is Titan Breach but I still haven't bothered to (and probably won't) pick up Scapeshifts even though I see way more decks going all-in on the Scapeshift plan than the Breach plan. Might try to find room for one or two Hour of Promise for a one-time Titan proc though.

That said I will probably run UB Mill this Friday because I haven't actually tested it with 4x Fraying Sanity. I also have my Little Kid Abzan/Eldritch Evolution deck to test out.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Sickening posted:

What did the guy do? I've not been paying attention to MTG drama as of late.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Madmarker posted:

What did the guy do? I've not been paying attention to MTG drama as of late.

He made a bad ariana grande tweet right after the bombings and made it to the national news of a few countries. It wasn't a great move for a freelance journalist who was already hurting for work.

Before that he basically trolled mtg players a lot of the time.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Sickening posted:

He made a bad ariana grande tweet right after the bombings and made it to the national news of a few countries. It wasn't a great move for a freelance journalist who was already hurting for work.

Before that he basically trolled mtg players a lot of the time.

Oh he's that guy.........

Well, gently caress him, don't go flinging poo poo and expect to come out smelling like roses.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gustav posted:

Absolutely everyone who knows anything about Magic right now will be able to tell you Ramunap Red if you ask them about the best deck in standard, and most of them can recite the entire decklist from memory.

So I would say the information suppression campaign isn't quite having the desired effect just yet. At minimum you would have to stifle any streaming or reporting from pro tours and GPs. But of course, people who were there would just post the lists on reddit. It's a tough challenge, but bless them they're giving it their best.

It was the best deck for the PT. It's not the best deck going forward.

Sickening posted:

There is a pretty sweet Tribal Zoo deck running around...

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

It was the best deck for the PT. It's not the best deck going forward.

There is a pretty sweet Tribal Zoo deck running around...

Show me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=115098

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Sickening posted:

My usual go-to shut my brain off deck is Burn; but then, it's my usual go-to deck anyway.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Hellsau posted:

By limiting decks of the day, fewer players will look up decklists to be inspired, this is good, because WOTC doesn't make any money off of decklists.

This policy was a well thought out response to their internal data (which you can't see) which showed that seeing a few more decks a day decreased the mean time to Nash Equilibrium per format significantly. It definitely wasn't a policy pulled out of some idiot in R&Ds rear end to save their job.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It's bad to hope people lose their job over anything, especially card games, but idk how they're holding onto them

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

InterrupterJones posted:

My usual go-to shut my brain off deck is Burn; but then, it's my usual go-to deck anyway.

burn is my favorite deck, bc im a simple man with simple desires

also it's fun to say "bolt your face" and for matches to end in 10 minutes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol you were talking about something else, disregard this post

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Oh, the domain deck, yeah I saw that already.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

As a taxes player, I love this deck. All my ghost quarters are strip mines now. Played against it once online, seemed sweet.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Marketing New Brain posted:

By limiting decks of the day, fewer players will look up decklists to be inspired, this is good, because WOTC doesn't make any money off of decklists.

This policy was a well thought out response to their internal data (which you can't see) which showed that seeing a few more decks a day decreased the mean time to Nash Equilibrium per format significantly. It definitely wasn't a policy pulled out of some idiot in R&Ds rear end to save their job.

Brew your decks or die!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

It bugs me that this is called Tribal Zoo when there are no cards that care about creature types :spergin: I guess Goyf cares about the Tribal card type though!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It was called Domain Zoo for a while, dunno what happened to that.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm dusting off my ANT again and it seems nothing really changed aside from putting a couple copies of that Dark petition rare. I already had grim tutor so does this new rare work better or would a 1-1 split be fine?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

C-Euro posted:

It bugs me that this is called Tribal Zoo when there are no cards that care about creature types :spergin: I guess Goyf cares about the Tribal card type though!

It's named after Tribal Flames.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Yes but now you can see two* misbuilt versions of the deck!

*at least

The versions with fewer Chandras are budget lists, since a set of Chandras doubles the cost of the deck.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Which deck this weekend?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13595392

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Chill la Chill posted:

I'm dusting off my ANT again and it seems nothing really changed aside from putting a couple copies of that Dark petition rare. I already had grim tutor so does this new rare work better or would a 1-1 split be fine?

Don't play Grim Tutor unless you're in 2012. I don't even like Dark Petition but :shrug:

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Always Lantern

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Attorney at Funk posted:

It's named after Tribal Flames.

That's not Tribal Goddammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU