Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

What about NASCAR

NASCAR can be cool. Problem is they're further up their own asses than Bernie ever was.

Or as I like to say, NASCAR currently is what would happen if Bernie didn't have someone to tell him "no, that's a loving terrible idea".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

What about NASCAR

Did Kyle Busch win?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

NASCAR can be cool. Problem is they're further up their own asses than Bernie ever was.

Or as I like to say, NASCAR currently is what would happen if Bernie didn't have President Montezemolo and Scuderia Ferrari

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kill Brian France and Kyle Busch

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

1v1 me bitch, but i cant get into canada for awhile.

I'm selling the shady van in October my friend, seems unlikely I'll make it down with the trailer and the Corolla.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
How close are you to mosport again?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Just a short 35 hours away. Might be a bit longer in the Corolla depending on hill gradients.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Ill meet you there, bring the kart.

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica

1500quidporsche posted:

My friend I think you need to stop being so wound up. Perhaps sit down and relax enjoying a superb $8 Spanish wine.

I'll take your advice, any specific brand?

Wirth1000 posted:

But, seriously, the thread title should be F1 2017: Suck my balls, honey for at least the next month or two.

This.

Norns posted:

Lol gently caress off

No.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

As long as it says 'F1 2017:' then who cares what comes after the semicolon lol
In defense of forums poster Tupacalypse, it did say "Watch Thread" for a while

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

OhsH posted:

I'm about 20 to 25 minutes away, honey.

Also, thank you for the new thread title.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mosport is some good poo poo.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Well bud if i ever go out to help my friends w chumpcar ill be sending you an invite to watch us crash.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not counting the Indy street circuit (which I live 5 minutes away from) it's my home circuit.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The thing about mosport too is that it's essentially in the middle of nowhere where its really gorgeous drive through wooded areas and such.

Also fun driving towards it during track days cause you see a whole bunch of cars that just got off the track and they're now driving home with the numbers still scrawled on them. Especially fun when it's a Porsche track day and you see some vintage poo poo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's in Clarington/Bowmanville so it's like an 1:30 hour drive from most of the GTA. It's convenient.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

The thing about mosport too is that it's essentially in the middle of nowhere where its really gorgeous drive through wooded areas and such.

Also fun driving towards it during track days cause you see a whole bunch of cars that just got off the track and they're now driving home with the numbers still scrawled on them. Especially fun when it's a Porsche track day and you see some vintage poo poo.

That's sort of how Road America is. It's smack dab in the middle of no where and you drive past a cheese factory to get there from Milwaukee (and by default, Chicago).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Does the cheese factory have a store attached? Go get some squeaky cheese !

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have just had a warm and fuzzy.

BBC radio news just led with the bobby k being cleared to test thing and had him being interviewed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Does the cheese factory have a store attached? Go get some squeaky cheese !

Yes it does! And I should have but I totally forgot to.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's in Clarington/Bowmanville so it's like an 1:30 hour drive from most of the GTA. It's convenient.

The 407 is gonna run pretty drat close to Mosport they've got the foundation for the bridges and such up already.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Part of what makes the Scud cool and good is they aren't pederasts putting fetuses in their cars like Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Williams so y'all can park all this Leclerc chat, good as he is.

Their young driver programme is like Google putting a retainer on half the law firms in Silicon Valley.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

Part of what makes the Scud cool and good is they aren't pederasts putting fetuses in their cars like Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Williams so y'all can park all this Leclerc chat, good as he is.

Their young driver programme is like Google putting a retainer on half the law firms in Silicon Valley.

Thank you, Joe.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

Yes it does! And I should have but I totally forgot to.

Cheese curds are divine food and you should get them at every opportunity.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Wirth1000 posted:

'F1 2017:' then who cares what comes after the semicolon lol

That's a good title

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like the thread title changes. Maybe learn to bookmark threads and poo poo If it bugs you?

Better than when mods didn't even know the thread existed unless some dipshit was reporting people for "racism"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Before iospace, the people that would regulate this thread didn't even know what a steering wheel is. Was? Wheel.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Leclerc to sauber or haas, fire whatever gently caress they have on those teams

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Leclerc to sauber or haas, fire whatever gently caress they have on those teams

I'll give you a hint: one of them wants you to suck his balls and the other wants to sit down and tell you all about how he hates the entire concept of 'brakes'.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Wirth1000 posted:

I'll give you a hint: one of them wants you to suck his balls and the other wants to sit down and tell you all about how he hates the entire concept of 'brakes'.

That's actually the same guy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

LochNessMonster posted:

That's actually the same guy.

It's me.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Wirth1000 posted:

Haas said he'll be keeping the same drivers next season, so it'll probably be Wehrlein's seat in Sauber.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait so nobody wants Lance replaced by a REAL Frenchman?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Wait so nobody wants Lance replaced by a REAL Frenchman?

No one is deluded enough to think it might happen.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I'm going to be in Montreal for a week starting this Thursday. I was wondering if there's anything an F1 fan should do while there even if it isn't race weekend. Is there access to the track, a park to visit, or anything motorsport related like kart racing tracks worth visiting in the area?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
There's outdoor karting somewhere in Montreal that's pretty legit I hear. Shifter karts etc. I usually do it in winter so I go to an indoor place called kart-o-mania which is little briggs & stratton CVT kinda karts. The F1 track itself is a nice public park but I've never seen it when it's not on race day.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The circuit is basically a park on an island that you can take the Subway to and walk/bike around, I guess.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Korwen posted:

I'm going to be in Montreal for a week starting this Thursday. I was wondering if there's anything an F1 fan should do while there even if it isn't race weekend. Is there access to the track, a park to visit, or anything motorsport related like kart racing tracks worth visiting in the area?

There's a Gille museum just north of Montreal that is pretty cool.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Why the hell is Haas keeping Grosjean when they could probably get a sweet deal from Ferrari to babysit the F2 french kid whose name I can't spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Carth Dookie posted:

Why the hell is Haas keeping Grosjean when they could probably get a sweet deal from Ferrari to babysit the F2 french kid whose name I can't spell.

Leclerc is hard?

• Locked thread