Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Lots of good burial plans here, I'm more of a buried underground and have a tree planted over me type of guy myself. I just wanna be ravaged by tree roots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

I just wanna be ravaged by tree roots.

you don't have to shoehorn your fetish into EVERYTHING y'know

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lots of good burial plans here, I'm more of a buried underground and have a tree planted over me type of guy myself. I just wanna be ravaged by tree roots.

Same, but with a tasteful herb garden.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

loquacius posted:

Why not?

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

You can't fool me, you just want to come back as a monster that isn't Swamp Thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxsThPxWic8

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

loquacius posted:

But is his website hosted in Utah?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Cremated, and have my ashes mixed with shot, and loaded in to shotgun shells.
My homies can have a memorial shoot with my ashes.

Anyone who shoots a perfect round gets a case of beer or something.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Put my ashes in an ICBM and aim it towards Russia during WWIII

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I peaked in high school. I had a girlfriend, I was in crazy good shape, I didn't need a job, and I was basically prince of our small town. My dad and mom owned the local Dairy Queen, Arby's, laundromat, and grocery store. We were rich, and in a small town, we were basically royalty.

I got drunk after graduation and crashed my car. My parents made all the consequences go away. Or so I thought.

It turns out the crash hosed up my spine. A few weeks later I was screwing around with some buddies at the gym and felt something weird in my back. I went home and laid down and fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and couldn't get out of bed. My parents took me to the hospital. I wasn't paralyzed, but my spine was majorly hosed and I needed several surgeries to fix the damage.

The surgeries took place that summer. They delayed me going in to college. I also was bedridden for about 3 months. I gained almost 90 lbs in that time and became addicted to Vicodin.

My girlfriend left me after I punched her in the face. My parents made that go away so I never faced any real consequences.

When I finally went to college in December I was a fat, angry, pill popping rear end in a top hat. No great shock I failed to connect to anyone socially and dropped out after 1 semester.

My parents let me run the DQ, basically a pity job paying me around 100k a year.

I got a girl pregnant; a teenage girl. My parents had to sell the DQ but they paid her enough to get an abortion, move away, and never press charges. I started working at the laundromat then. 100k a year basically just to do menial tasks.

We were robbed after I forgot to lock up one night while I was collecting all the cash from the registers and the machines. The guy held a gun to my spine, threatened to paralyze me, and had me put all the money into a big bag for him. He called me "fat gently caress" and said I'd "spray crisco out of my bullet holes" if I tried anything. For whatever reason, that really pissed me off.

I swung the bag of quarters at him and hit him in the jaw. I started pounding away and realized he didn't have a gun; just a squirtgun he covered in duct tape. Worse than that, it was my uncle. He explained that my dad asked him to do this; the businesses were failing and he needed to fake a robbery for insurance money and to get sympathy from the community. I believed him and let him go.

I found out that was a lie and my uncle was just a meth head liar who knew this was an easy hit. My dad fired me and cut me off st that point. I started working on my own then.

That was 7 years ago. My uncle is still in jail. My dad died of a heart attack. My mom sold everything off and lived a secluded life as an alcoholic. I haven't spoken to her since Christmas and haven't seen her in person since 2013.

In a moment of extreme loneliness I reached out to the girl I impregnated via Facebook and asked her to forgive me. She told me I had ruined her life and threatened to call the police if I ever contacted her again.

I think about where I went wrong a lot. I work at a gas station. We've been robbed 7 times and I've personally had a gun pointed at me twice. Sometimes I hope they pull the trigger. I live in a lovely town, in a lovely apartment, and I have no life. I developed diabetes recently so I can't even enjoy food. The doctors say I may lose a foot if I don't lose some weight soon.

I tried starting a podcast, a YouTube gaming series, and writing a book. My podcast went out 2 months ago and is sitting at 3 listens right now. My YouTube videos have less than 20 views combined. And I've written one page of my book.

Last night I was feeling especially awful and reached out to my high school gf. She called me an abusive POS and blocked me. She was right to do this but it still hurt.

I don't know why I sent this, nobody can help me. I guess I think of you as my only friends.

Firing you for not getting your uncle arrested seems like an overreaction, but eh

Anyway, my take is you should start working out and eating better. Getting Internet famous is a crapshoot at this point, like, as much as getting real famous is. Don't take that too personally. But you need a goal of some kind to work toward and it seems like getting in shape would help you a lot for multiple reasons.

do it for your foot, bro

NOT POSTING: a list of situations in which someone apparently thinks rape is acceptable

quote:

This is a pretty short confession.

I'm a relatively successful person in terms of employment, family, and wealth. I currently own my own home outright which is valued at over $1mil. I have a loving wife and daughter, and another kid on the way. I've had some support from my family to get where I am, but for the most part it's on the back of my wife and I being very educated and successful, investing well, and buying at the right time.

My confession is this, despite being pretty good at my job, and I have zero interest in really putting much effort into it. I get by doing the minimum, but if I tried, I could do much better. I could tell myself there's a whole bunch of reasons for this, but the real reason is that my family is loaded and eventually I'm going to inherit a poo poo load of money. I love my parents, and wish them both long and happy lives, but when they do eventually pass away, I'll be inheriting somewhere around $10-$15 million.

So, even though I'm earning good money, I also recognize that I won't ever earn the kind of dollars that I'm due to get one day. Adding to that is that I actually loved being a stay at home dad after my first child was born. When my second one comes along, I'm really considering making it a permanent thing and spending the next ten to fifteen years as a full time parent. I wouldn't be comfortable doing that if I didn't know that one day, I'll be wealthy enough to never have to work again.

you should try ruining your life through a series of bad decisions, that'd make you appreciate your job more

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

loquacius posted:

NOT POSTING: a list of situations in which someone apparently thinks rape is acceptable

Thanks loq. That one jumped out at me.

Richgoon, good job every other rich person Ive met say only poor people were lazy.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Don't be that older guy that goes back to college just to relive their glory days. The young students will think you're weird and creepy and nobody will want to hang out with you, leading you to spiral deeper into your depression. Maybe if you buy them alcohol they'll let you come but they will talk tons of poo poo about you behind your back and if you ever fail to come through for them your "friendship" will be over. You need to grow up and accept adult life for what it is. There are plenty of ways to make it fun. Nothing is stopping you from being in shape, going to parties (albeit different, probably more enjoyable kinds), and banging random women except yourself.

college is expensive, stay in a hostel, if you can pull off a jeff goldblum vibe instead of a steve buscemi vibe it'll go well

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Small town trust fund goon is a massive piece of poo poo, he deserves everything that happened to him

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Don't be that older guy that goes back to college just to relive their glory days. The young students will think you're weird and creepy and nobody will want to hang out with you, leading you to spiral deeper into your depression. Maybe if you buy them alcohol they'll let you come but they will talk tons of poo poo about you behind your back and if you ever fail to come through for them your "friendship" will be over. You need to grow up and accept adult life for what it is. There are plenty of ways to make it fun. Nothing is stopping you from being in shape, going to parties (albeit different, probably more enjoyable kinds), and banging random women except yourself.

This, but feel free to grab all the college p'tang you can so you can wave around your 20yr old trophy to your "old" friends. If they give you any poo poo, send them selfies of you plowing random college students with a giant, obnoxious, grin.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

armchairyoda posted:

This, but feel free to grab all the college p'tang you can so you can wave around your 20yr old trophy to your "old" friends. If they give you any poo poo, send them selfies of you plowing random college students with a giant, obnoxious, grin.

dont do this.

really.

5-10 years later you will be shaking your drat head at yourself.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

sneakyfrog posted:

dont do this.

really.

5-10 years later you will be shaking your drat head at yourself.

lol, this is more than likely true.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

loquacius posted:

[inheritance fess]

I mean there's worse things to do with your life than being a stay-at-home parent, too, but that's also only going to last so long. Kids grow up! But your goal doesn't necessarily have to be what would make you the most money, it can also be what you personally find satisfying, especially if you and your wife are doing well financially.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

When I die I'm donating my body to science so I can rot on a body farm or be used as a crash-test dummy. I mean no matter what, death is gross, might as well kinda amuse myself with my body plans.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

PetraCore posted:

When I die I'm donating my body to science so I can rot on a body farm or be used as a crash-test dummy. I mean no matter what, death is gross, might as well kinda amuse myself with my body plans.

Donate it to a necrophiliac support group?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Funeral chat:

I wanna have a viking funeral where my body is on a raft and people shoot flaming arrows at it. Once the raft has a good fire going, I want to have a stuntman stand up and wave his arms around and poo poo and then jump into the water and swim away.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

RFC2324 posted:

Donate it to a necrophiliac support group?

Naw.

If I do go with a standard burial though I guess I'd like to do the tree thing. I like the fact that even stuff like decay is just an explosion of life, so a more tangible representation of that could be cool, but I figure I can have a tree planted either way.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PetraCore posted:

Naw.

If I do go with a standard burial though I guess I'd like to do the tree thing. I like the fact that even stuff like decay is just an explosion of life, so a more tangible representation of that could be cool, but I figure I can have a tree planted either way.

You could get a mushroom suit:

https://www.ted.com/talks/jae_rhim_lee

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Speaking of funeral and plans, I should talk about the plan me and my brother have for my Dad's funeral.

My dad (and me and my grandfather) is big into scotch. He collects scotch minis (50ml tiny bottles). He has close to 60 at this point. At his wake, me and my brother will drink them all, and toast him every sip.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

People always seem to think they have magic powers when they have dejavu (much like many think they were possessed/abducted/assaulted by demons etc because of sleep paralysis). You aren't a seer, it's a weird brain thing.

Quoting the gently caress out of this because it is true.
Deja vu is brain lag. Something gets registered in your subconscious slightly before your conscious brain registers it and that's why you have the sensation of experiencing something over again.

From https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brain-babble/201208/the-neuroscience-d-j-vu

quote:

A similar hypothesis suggests that déjà vu is an error in timing; while we perceive a moment, sensory information may simultaneously be re-routing its way to long-term storage, causing a delay and, perhaps, the unsettling feeling that we've experienced the moment before.

Huff a pile of nitrous oxide. You get a massive deja vu feeling as you regain consciousness due to your senses trying to catch back up with reality.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Huff a pile of nitrous oxide. You get a massive deja vu feeling as you regain consciousness due to your senses trying to catch back up with reality.

wahwahwahwahwahwahwah

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bunnyofdoom posted:

Speaking of funeral and plans, I should talk about the plan me and my brother have for my Dad's funeral.

My dad (and me and my grandfather) is big into scotch. He collects scotch minis (50ml tiny bottles). He has close to 60 at this point. At his wake, me and my brother will drink them all, and toast him every sip.

Gonna be a triple funeral, woo

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
It's in my will that after all the organ donation stuff is dealt with if there's anything left over it's to be cremated and put in a jack-in-the-box.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

It's in my will that after all the organ donation stuff is dealt with if there's anything left over it's to be cremated and put in a jack-in-the-box.

Be better than their burgers, that's for sure.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Dairy Queen goon: you're an entitled piece of poo poo who's had everything handed to them up til now and that's why working for a living is so drat hard for you. Also, stop loving contacting the people you used to know, they quite rightfully hate you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

When I read the news that North Korea tested missles that could reach US cities my first thought wasn't "Oh god, we're going to war with North Korea" it was "Oh god, the radiation from nuking NK is gonna kill the man who draws HIVE and Aura from Another Planet for that Korean webcomic company."

Yeah that's pretty goony

Remember that thing from DeviantArt where someone said the Holocaust didn't feel real to him until he saw a My Little Pony photoshopped into an Auschwitz picture

quote:

Before work, I drink a beer. During my lunch break, I drink a beer. After work, I drink a beer. That's literally all I have every day, but if anyone ever found out, I'd probably be fired. I fail to see how this is any worse than abstaining all day, drinking a bunch at night, and coming to work hungover.

I don't think you'd be fired for that :shrug:

I dunno, the only part that really parses as weird to me is drinking a beer in the morning. If you feel like you need a beer to face the day that's a sign of depression.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If you're defending yourself anonymously and unprompted for something none of us even has the ability to accuse you of, you might be the one you're trying to convince.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I always thought having a beer with lunch was just being French. gently caress you need a beer in the morning for.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I drink two beers in the morning
I drink two beers at night
I drink two beers in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright
I drink two beers in time of peace, and two in time of war
I drink two beers before I drink two beers, and then I drink two more

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Beergoon if you work IT this is normal.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

sneakyfrog posted:

Beergoon if you work IT this is normal.

I was thinking it was a little light.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It's 3 beers over an entire day, who cares. Even if you're a tremendous lightweight, having a beer every 4-5 hours is not going to impair you enough to get you fired.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nothing wrong with an AM Ale. Three beers over the course of the day is fine. Thats like people being weirded out if you drink soda at breakfast. Doesn't really matter unless you get blind drunk before work.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

If you think it's normal to have 3 beers a day consistently I have bad news for you

That poo poo ends in cirrhosis

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hope you don't eat any sugar because it's not much worse.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Not a Children posted:

If you think it's normal to have 3 beers a day consistently I have bad news for you

That poo poo ends in cirrhosis

Oh please, if he only does it in the work week that is within the guidelines for low risk drinking, maybe barely above it if he does it on the weekend too. It's a drinking habit, but not a particularly unhealthy one. If he is telling the truth, he doesn't binge drink, hell he doesn't even get drunk. Unless you're a prohibitionist, calling him an alcoholic at risk of cirrhosis is an extreme overreaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dairy Queen goon. God Bless Capitalism. Your family story is like that Horatio Alger in reverse. It really warms my heart. I'd suggest learning the benefits of alternative economic systems that don't have the shortcomings of greed.