Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

logger posted:

I loved the first episode of Expounded Universe. Nerdy Stormtrooper was great, but my favorite bit had to be about how racist everyone seems to be in the book and imagining what a racist Admiral Ackbar would be like. That totally changes how I am going to look at him from now on.

New one should be out Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Expounded Universe was great. Is that going to be on the Movie Mastery feed all the time or launching its own feed?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Expounded Universe was great. Is that going to be on the Movie Mastery feed all the time or launching its own feed?

We bought the .com for it, so it'll probably go and be on its own eventually. It was wildly popular, like more than our four year old RPG show from the word go, so we may be restructuring a bit if it continues to perform like that.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

theironjef posted:

We bought the .com for it, so it'll probably go and be on its own eventually. It was wildly popular, like more than our four year old RPG show from the word go, so we may be restructuring a bit if it continues to perform like that.

You also had to build the following for the System Mastery Podcast from the ground up, while Expounded Universe is helped by you already having an established audience plus the Star Wars fans finding it. To tell you the truth, I had no interest in the expanded universe and was disappointed Afterthought went away, but because I enjoyed System Mastery and your and Jon's rapport I gave it a shot and enjoyed it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I liked afterthought because you actually answered my terrible loving questions but I totally understand the switch.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

theironjef posted:

Awesome! Hope it keeps growing

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mark Wahlberg, the annoying cheers fan

Also oh my god they suckered Ken Watanabe and John Goodman into these things?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

theironjef posted:

I haven't listened to the second episode yet (will this afternoon), but the first episode was really loving good.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Rodyle posted:

Mark Wahlberg, the annoying cheers fan

Also oh my god they suckered Ken Watanabe and John Goodman into these things?

The guest host put it best. "Oh no..."

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Listening to the latest episode of Expounded Universe I have a question about Palpatine. Does he spend weekends going to podraces and get wasted while wearing shirts that say things like "No Fat Chicks" because that is the image I am getting from him now.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

logger posted:

Listening to the latest episode of Expounded Universe I have a question about Palpatine. Does he spend weekends going to podraces and get wasted while wearing shirts that say things like "No Fat Chicks" because that is the image I am getting from him now.

Yeah man. Our vision of Palpatine is that he keeps that robe at the office. Otherwise he's wearing cut-offs and washing a Trans-Am in his driveway.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The Portland live show was great, I only watched Over the Top but it was awesome seeing WHM in person! I wanted to talk to them but by the time I got out of the bathroom they had been mobbed in the bar. Loved the music video they played at the start of the show and the cool shirt Jupin was wearing. Also I sat directly behind the guy who designs all their posters and shirts :)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

theironjef posted:

Yeah man. Our vision of Palpatine is that he keeps that robe at the office. Otherwise he's wearing cut-offs and washing a Trans-Am in his driveway.

Love the second episode, too. FYI, I posted about the podcast over in the Star Wars Book Barn Thread, because we're a bunch of nerds who only sort of love but also sort of hate the old EU, and I figure it should go over well there.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

theironjef posted:

Diamond Sheev

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Just stopping by to say that I'm also really liking Expounded Universe. Star Wars Canon Fodder briefly scratched my Making Fun Of Terrible Star Wars Novels itch, but then it disappeared so this is more than welcome.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Just stopping by to say that I'm also really liking Expounded Universe. Star Wars Canon Fodder briefly scratched my Making Fun Of Terrible Star Wars Novels itch, but then it disappeared so this is more than welcome.

We're gonna stick around for a while. And based on a fairly common request, we'll also figure out a way to step up our production speed.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

theironjef posted:

We're gonna stick around for a while. And based on a fairly common request, we'll also figure out a way to step up our production speed.

Recommendation, two words: Jedi Prince

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Might be an unpopuler opinion but i really dig the wierd Eric Szyszka podcasts (Blame it on outer space and hooked on TJ hooker). They have a real Joel era MST3K vibe where everybody sounds high as gently caress.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

WE LOVE MOVIES RETURNS WITH A VENGEANCE HOLY poo poo

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Orchard Beach Man is leaving me in tears

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
HDTGM gets real at the end of the latest episode :ohdear:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

SoupyTwist posted:

HDTGM gets real at the end of the latest episode :ohdear:

I haven't listened yet, what happens?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I haven't listened yet, what happens?

They play a clip of the commentary where the director says something like "It's great when hot chicks are in movies, especially when they show their breasts." Paul recommends watching the movie and June is not happy.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

SoupyTwist posted:

They play a clip of the commentary where the director says something like "It's great when hot chicks are in movies, especially when they show their breasts." Paul recommends watching the movie and June is not happy.

I think her comment to Paul was something like "We're going to have a talk about this afterwards" and it is not a playful tone.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Paul's not wrong recommending it. Chopping Mall is amazing.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
June and Paul do that quite a bit.. it's a pretty funny bit. It was really funny in Paul's Stallone podcast.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Only recently discovered We Hate Movies and now having a great time just listening to random episodes. My first episode was The Butterfly Effect which made me laugh till I was in pain.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Only recently discovered We Hate Movies and now having a great time just listening to random episodes. My first episode was The Butterfly Effect which made me laugh till I was in pain.

That's an all-timer.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Butterfly Effect is one of their bests.

Other recommendations are Easy Rider 2: The Ride Back, Secret Window, The Good Son, Boondock Saints 2, Hider in the House, Invisible Child, Cybersecduction, Really anything they do from late 90s-mid 2000.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Invisible Child/Cyber Seduction/Babycakes is the Lifetime Original Movies holy trinity; they're must-listen episodes.

*okay I can't remember if Babycakes is actually lifetime or not, but hell, it ticks all of the boxes

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Weekend at Bernie's 2 and Bordello of Blood are underrated favorites of mine as well.

And yeah, Babycakes is amazing. That movie sounds loving nuts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I almost crashed my drat car listening to the Invisible Child one.

Blame It on Rio is another classic.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

PostNouveau posted:

Blame It on Rio is another classic.

Though for advanced WHM listeners only.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hider in the House doesn't get recommended as much anymore but it's still my favorite.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Letter From Death Row is a great recent one. The Animation Damnation ep on Speed Racer is also hilarious.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Cocoon is really good too

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Calaveron posted:

Cocoon is really good too

All the Wilford Brimley episodes are great.

"He's a WHAT?

The guys also shine when they do a romantic comedy like Addicted to Love.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Mrs Doubtfire is also really good

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Canvas. Canvas is the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'd also like to recommend the Matrix Revolutions episode as well as the mailbags - particularly those recorded straight after a controversial film, like BvS.