Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Magna Kaser posted:

It's actually scary how Metal Gear Solid 2 has ended up being the most prescient piece of fiction of the 21st century so far.

Except that, wasn't one of the reveals in that game that there's a Deep State that has been choosing US Presidents for centuries, and the office of President is pretty much a figurehead that affects little to no change? Yeah, that one didn't really stand the test of time so well.

In fact, I used to actually believe that about the presidency until, erm, recently. Not the whole conspiracy theory deep state bullshit, but that the president ultimately doesn't affect all that much. Man was I wrong..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

timp posted:

Except that, wasn't one of the reveals in that game that there's a Deep State that has been choosing US Presidents for centuries, and the office of President is pretty much a figurehead that affects little to no change? Yeah, that one didn't really stand the test of time so well.

In fact, I used to actually believe that about the presidency until, erm, recently. Not the whole conspiracy theory deep state bullshit, but that the president ultimately doesn't affect all that much. Man was I wrong..

Yeah there's wacky poo poo. But I just played it and its legit scary how it predicts fake news 15 years ago.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah there's wacky poo poo. But I just played it and its legit scary how it predicts fake news 15 years ago.

We've had fake news for centuries. It's called propaganda.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Hell of a trip yo. Not quite foreverial but close.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

timp posted:

Well, MGS4 took place in 2014, and 2016 was the next election...

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Magna Kaser posted:

It's actually scary how Metal Gear Solid 2 has ended up being the most prescient piece of fiction of the 21st century so far.

Yar

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

timp posted:

I was more talking about use of internet/fake news/etc than the weird cyborg AI nonsense. It'd be way cooler if all that wacky stuff was true instead of just the depressing stuff.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Magna Kaser posted:

It's actually scary how the X-files has ended up being the most prescient piece of fiction of the 21st century so far.

FTFY

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Re:mgs2 poo poo.

Its kinda hilarious and sad how that fell into poe's law.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
YouTube comment on a video entitled Jason Momoa Roles Before Game of Thrones & Justice League | IMDb NO SMALL PARTS

One of these people is an Idiot on Social Media but I'm honestly not sure which one

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
The funnest game is to present alternate narratives for conspiracy theories
I convinced a moon conspiracy theorist in two minutes that the moon landing was filmed not in Hollywood, but in Montana, pretty much all I had to do was say I knew say 'there's sand in Montana, it's secluded, and my dad was involved with the filming'. It's funny how conspiracy theorists will accept radical dogma shift as long as it conforms to their general world view.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They faked the Moon landing by going to Mars instead and just filming in black and white.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Saw this reply to a tweet one in another thread:

Skwirl posted:

How are people so bad at their racism
https://twitter.com/WiseGuy_wes27/status/892007895700824064

Like at least read and quote The Bell Curve at inappropriate moments.

Here is a reaction to someone calling the guy who sent the tweet out on his poo poo.
https://twitter.com/lucianwintrich/status/892218166671233025
What a loving idiot.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 08:34 on Aug 1, 2017

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

ITYM Network

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man that dude sure is doubling down on his racism.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

timp posted:

YouTube comment on a video entitled Jason Momoa Roles Before Game of Thrones & Justice League | IMDb NO SMALL PARTS

One of these people is an Idiot on Social Media but I'm honestly not sure which one

What about the second post seems off to you? Telling someone to not advertise their jerkoff routines and to speak to a professional about putting on mass seems better advice than 99% of the internet.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

EL BROMANCE posted:

What about the second post seems off to you? Telling someone to not advertise their jerkoff routines and to speak to a professional about putting on mass seems better advice than 99% of the internet.

I suspect that maybe the first comment was a troll

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

I suspect that maybe the first comment was a troll

You're just jealous because you can only jerk it once a day.

He was obviously giving us a baseline for his stamina. You don't get swole without the ability to consummate with yourself multiple times a day.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Self improvement is mostly about jerking yourself off as much as possible.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016
Like the old marine adage, "jizz is just weakness leaving the body."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tip Shades posted:

Like the old marine adage, "jizz is just weakness leaving the body."

An old Marine adage is "put the jizz in my body I'm so weak". How do you mess that up it's like the main one.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's obviously "jizz is strength entering the body"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That banana definitely looks like it has AIDS.

https://twitter.com/iD4RO/status/892423515487567872

:yum:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
That banana has AIDS

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
Bananas should stay away from those monkeys.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Long time idiot, first time mommy here...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Your baby has AIDS, you didn't happen to feed him any Wal Mart bananas did you?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Grem posted:

An old Marine adage is "put the jizz in my body I'm so weak". How do you mess that up it's like the main one.

That's the old mariner adage.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

zoux posted:

That banana definitely looks like it has AIDS.

This is what happens out when you swap the Gros Michel banana out for the HIVendish.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/891852127085109249
that popping sound is my inner child dying by inches

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Why why WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Did i read the loving comments??

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Are multiple new gender identities and late-stage capitalism related?

Been lurking for a while and had an epiphany while reading a thread on the subreddit: are gender identities a new way of personal branding that result from a visual-driven media and consumerist society that's only possibly in late-stage capitalism?

I can't remember where, but a user had commented that people on tumblr will post every single "gender identity" and mental illness, ethnicity, etc anything as if an identity is a hobby in of itself. I think it goes a little bit farther than just a hobby, but as a way to present yourself into a market. A lot of identity politics has seem to come off this way to me too; a identity to sell to potential employers, friends, and lovers (just look at Tinder). Everything needs to be concise to "sell" to whomever so it requires no critical thinking. Thoughts on this phenomenon?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Are multiple new gender identities and late-stage capitalism related?

Been lurking for a while and had an epiphany while reading a thread on the subreddit: are gender identities a new way of personal branding that result from a visual-driven media and consumerist society that's only possibly in late-stage capitalism?

I can't remember where, but a user had commented that people on tumblr will post every single "gender identity" and mental illness, ethnicity, etc anything as if an identity is a hobby in of itself. I think it goes a little bit farther than just a hobby, but as a way to present yourself into a market. A lot of identity politics has seem to come off this way to me too; a identity to sell to potential employers, friends, and lovers (just look at Tinder). Everything needs to be concise to "sell" to whomever so it requires no critical thinking. Thoughts on this phenomenon?

*reads first two paragraphs* what the gently caress??

*checks username* oh

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

timp posted:

*reads first two paragraphs* what the gently caress??

*checks username* oh

He's been quoting from r/gendercritical for the last couple posts

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Thanks, LoB. Like I don't have enough of that in my everyday life.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Aids in the banana the new razor blade in apples?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006

kindly put a bullet through your frail failure of a skull