Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

take me you ANIMAL posted:

I have like four, two are prospects, two are over 30 journeymen. I have no idea how to do drafts with this many teams this deep. Prepare for me searching for "hockey players with NHL contracts." and drafting from that.

One of the reasons I really like doing this draft in the offseason is because it really is a good way to get acclimated with other teams pluggers and prospects. A few more rounds and we get to the point where it's just wave after wave of some kid who might not ever play in the league and players who you thought had retired five years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

players who you thought had retired five years ago.

I've already seen a couple of them.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kilza posted:

Up next:
Jamwad Hilder (until 9:10 PM EST)
Vincent van Goat
Good Soldier Svejk
Kilza
Teemu Pokemon

Still to pick:
Iodized QQ (2 picks)
Habibi (2 picks)
ThinkTank (1 pick)

ThinkTank skipped, Jamwad up to bat.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 2, 2017

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Lol which 3 teams still don't have a goalie.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

take me you ANIMAL posted:

I've already seen a couple of them.

"Whoa, I forgot about Erik Johnson"

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Technetium posted:

Verviticus, Aye Doc and Habibi.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Phone post: gimme Bobby Ryan since I'm not sure I'm gonna hit the cap floor and also I don't think he's as bad as his regular season stats were.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium posted:

there are still several Playoff Caliber, First Round Exit free with purchase, level goaltenders available tyvm

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Nick Bjugstad

Up Next:
Good Soldier Svejk
Kilza
Teemu Pokemon

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Kilza posted:

Verviticus, Aye Doc and Habibi.

Well at least there's an entire collection of ancient goalies and terrible contracts to choose from.

In unrelated awesome news this is my team so far i think i dunno:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

drat, I thought Hornqvist was still around.
Instead the Arizona Coyotes select the less interestingly named Craig Smith

Landeskog - Tavares - Rantanen
Jenner - Kopitar - Craig Smith
X - Rask - X

Provorov - Jones
Maatta - Hamonic

Lehner

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I had hoped to get Schlemko here, but since that's no longer an option I had to go through my list of all LD remaining. I don't like most of the d-men left, I'm going to get another lefty before the remaining good ones all get taken. After all, this is TEAM DEFENSE.

This guy played in the NHL last season and had excellent defensive stats. He was a 3rd pairing D last year but should easily get top 4 minutes on the Hawks, and could be a potential steal if he continues to play the way he did in his first season, so come on down Michal Kempny.

Vatrano - Couturier - Pominville
x - Lindholm - Puljujarvi

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
Kempny - Pysyk

Talbot
x

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kilza posted:

This guy played in the NHL last season and had excellent defensive stats. He was a 3rd pairing D last year but should easily get top 4 minutes on the Hawks, and could be a potential steal if he continues to play the way he did in his first season, so come on down Michal Kempny.

Kempny was on my watch list to see if he kept falling. His hero chart amuses me.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

craig smith is a killer pick. maybe even better than the wilson pick!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Give me Joonas Donskoi

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Tarasenko
Pacioretty - Larkin - Miller
XXXX - Barzal - Donskoi
XXXX - Jarnkrok - XXXX

Chychrun - Petrovic
LOL - WUT
SRY - PETR

Mrazek
SHOOTER TUTOR

I was going to pick Kempny next round gently caress defense I guess!!!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ive been too busy with work to actually put effort into a gimmick or team idea, to the point that I cant even look at my picks to come up with decent lines. I guess it would look something like this?

Fabbri - Toews - Perry
Marleau - Spezza - Zuccarello
??? - Ho-Sang - Dano

Forsling - Burns
??? - DeAngelo

Crawford

Better than the real life Avs or Wings I guess.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I was going to pick Kempny next round gently caress defense I guess!!!

Your potential 1st pairing RD and 2nd pairing LD are now my 3rd pairing D. :smug:

e:

Kempny was on my watch list to see if he kept falling. His hero chart amuses me.

When I was looking at LD I did notice his HERO chart, looked up where he was projected in the Hawks line-up and went "drat, I have to get this guy".

Kilza fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 2, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Kilza posted:

Your potential 1st pairing RD and 2nd pairing LD are now my 3rd pairing D. :smug:

You're going to score 76 goals in 82 games

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

drat, I thought Hornqvist was still around.
Instead the Arizona Coyotes select the less interestingly named Craig Smith

Landeskog - Tavares - Rantanen
Jenner - Kopitar - Craig Smith
X - Rask - X

Provorov - Jones
Maatta - Hamonic

Lehner

drat I wanted both him and Wilson and figured he might go til next round.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Teemu Pokemon posted:

You're going to score 76 goals in 82 games

Yeah but 18 of those goals will come from the 3 games I play facing you while I sweep the season series.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm going to win every game 2-1 in a shootout when I have the puck in your end for 63 minutes each game

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I think that's going to be hard for them to manage when your defense can't even carry the puck out of their own zone.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I'm just watching this from the outside but there are some pretty bad fuckin teams up in here

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

mennoknight posted:

I'm just watching this from the outside but there are some pretty bad fuckin teams up in here

Is one of them mine

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Kilza posted:

I think that's going to be hard for them to manage when your defense can't even carry the puck out of their own zone.

Just gotta win the first faceoff

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Holy poo poo, we are already 120 dman deep. I only have three, guess I better draft a loving dman. I'll take average rear end Kyle Quincy to average out my team.

E: also, the letgo app is as bad as if craigslist could dm you to haggle and then just ignore you once you set up a transaction. gently caress, I just want to get rid of my loving washer/dryer, why is this poo poo so difficult.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 2, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't give a poo poo about defense

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

That would have been a better strategy.

Edit: I'm also having to try and explain FIP to my new landlords since they want to charge me 400 pet fee for my cat that probably wont last the first month we move in. poo poo sucks and I have to call when my wife is gone even though she works in an vet emergency clinic since she cant deal with it (Cat is only 5). So if I miss picks or make poo poo homer picks over the next few rounds that is my reason.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 2, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
T-Bone selects one of the many Islanders forwards killed by Jack Capuano, Ryan Strome.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

T-Bone selects one of the many Islanders forwards killed by Jack Capuano, Ryan Strome.

He'll be able to trade him for Eberle later.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

all the wingers i wanted are gone so give me Jaroslav Halak

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Markus Nutivarra.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Here's my team:

Huberdeau-Malkin-Neal
Burakovsky-Duchene-Hornqvist
- Cizikas -

OEL-Carlson
McCabe-Savard

Reimer

cup now plz

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Not a lot of non-garbage centers left. I'm not sure Adam Lowry is one of them, but at least he actually takes faceoffs, is cheap, and has OK shot suppression.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take my personal favourite "he'll figure it out this year I swear you guys!" player in Sven Baertschi

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jamwad Hilder posted:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I am just going to let Weber and Suter play 28 minutes each. My bottom pairing will be selected entirely for their ability to effectively open the doors at either end of the bench.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I'm selecting Vladislav Namestnikov because he's a cool hockey player with a cool name.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Ok, I'm gonna pick Tyler Bozak because he's coming off a 55 point season and it's the 12th round so I can look past some minor deficiencies in his defensive game.

Nash-Eichel-Sheary
Patrick-Koivu-Faksa
?-Bozak-?

Gardiner-Faulk
Edler-Spurgeon

Holtby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Up next in the latest round of "I can't believe this guy wasn't picked before!", or "I've never heard of this guy in my life!":
FBS (until 12:00 PM EST)
Infidel Castro
glyynenstein
Corn
Autopick

Still to pick:
Iodized QQ (2 picks)
Habibi (2 picks)

Kilza fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 2, 2017

• Locked thread