Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It is me and black shield is good

is that the shield spell that absorbs magic damage so a whole bunch of their poo poo didnt affect me

because that RULED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
40% for runes purchased in past seasons is loving rear end and anyone who thinks that's fair is an idiot. Give me at least 60%

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
give more. why the hell would they not give more compensation to older players?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Because you paid for several years' worth of usage of those runes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kingcobweb posted:

Also you've been playing for several years and have had that much time to make more IP after the fact, it's not the same burdensome cost as for a new player

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I am issuing riot an ultimatum: refund my runes or jerk me off.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
guys, you're supposed to nod your head and say I agree

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

No

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tired Moritz posted:

I'll loving stab you

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pussy Quipped posted:

It basically just boils down to :

Have you been playing since season 1 ?
Yes - You have infinite IP right now and it is entirely meaningless to you
No - You need all the IP you can scrounge up because you still dont own all 137 champions/dozens of rune types/20 rune pages

Players who have been playing longer get a little reward incentive ( urf warwick) to get rid of their truck-loads of IP and to make them feel like all of their effort wasn't for nothing(lol)

Players who havent been playing forever get the reward of not having to grind out all of this poo poo.

ive been playing longer than probably anyone in the forums, since the first couple weeks of beta, and still don't own every champ or rune that i want

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Im gonna get mad no matter what so whatever they do, they should just do it quick.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Spudalicious posted:

Im gonna get mad no matter what so whatever they do, they should just do it quick.

Don't worry, in apologetic tones and naive optimism they will change the details 3-5 more times. The final iteration will reek of corporate greed, and the low level rioters tasked with dealing with the fallout will all pay a dear price.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
also I just started playing league after a long time and man, how can you guys play without friends? it's way more fun just shittalking about work while you watch your pal slowly kill minions.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tired Moritz posted:

also I just started playing league after a long time and man, how can you guys play without friends? it's way more fun just shittalking about work while you watch your pal slowly kill minions.

i watch always sunny and listen to mbmbam

hell ive got five seasons of sunny and a 12 pack queued up rn im ready to play some FUCKIN LEAGUE

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey kind of off topic but have you guys heard the new Arcade Fire album? It's really good.

yeah, you did a good job singing on that album

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

ive been playing longer than probably anyone in the forums, since the first couple weeks of beta, and still don't own every champ or rune that i want

Idk I've been playing since S1 and I have everything and a surplus of IP.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

And nothing has changed that would cause them to have devaluated. 40% is poo poo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the only reason I bought those runes in the first place was because everyone had them too. It's not like I had ever went "wow those runes I bought sure turn the match around, totally worth 1k of IP".

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Luna Was Here posted:

And nothing has changed that would cause them to have devaluated. 40% is poo poo

have you considered it is you who is poo poo, and it is indeed much less of a percentage of your overall ip over the years versus someone like myself who just started playing, and also that i am kim jong un greatest league player who will ever live faker can suck my balls

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
like clearly in no way is the change to free keymaster stonerunes from thousand of IP per about lessening the burden on new players for whom those costs represent a huge percentage of your playtime, as opposed to say some blowjob who's been stroking their dick in this idiot game for years, no you're right clearly a=a thanks steve ditko

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

have you considered it is you who is poo poo, and it is indeed much less of a percentage of your overall ip over the years versus someone like myself who just started playing, and also that i am kim jong un greatest league player who will ever live faker can suck my balls

*cracks knuckles* omae wo ma shindeiru *your head just loving explodes while i get 4 thousand million IP and finally get to unlock the character Varus*

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I spent about 4k IP on runes a few months ago just before they announced the changes so I'm psyched to get that back.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

pog boyfriend posted:

*cracks knuckles* omae wo ma shindeiru *your head just loving explodes while i get 4 thousand million IP and finally get to unlock the character Varus*

i dnt speak hungarian

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Hey there beta buddy,

How the gently caress do you not have everything yet?

Sincerely,
Mikujin

P.S. Seriously it's not even remotely possible you don't.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

like clearly in no way is the change to free keymaster stonerunes from thousand of IP per about lessening the burden on new players for whom those costs represent a huge percentage of your playtime, as opposed to say some blowjob who's been stroking their dick in this idiot game for years, no you're right clearly a=a thanks steve ditko

why not just give everyone back their ip

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tired Moritz posted:

why not just give everyone back their ip

why not learn to read

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

a comedy of errors in two parts

https://my.mixtape.moe/epqhpr.webm

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what is so objectively wrong about people wanting a better percentage refund for their runes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tired Moritz posted:

what is so objectively wrong about people wanting a better percentage refund for their runes

steve ditko i didnt know you played league of legends

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
this is actually asick burn let me explain comics to you,

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"i think objectively you'll find those runes still cost the same amount of ip, therefore it doesn't matter that i bought them three years ago i should get all of that ip back, also im a fuckin moron"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you sure are mad that I want my videogame points back

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

"i think objectively you'll find those runes still cost the same amount of ip, therefore it doesn't matter that i bought them three years ago i should get all of that ip back, also im a fuckin moron"

what the gently caress is wrong with you dude. you have barely even played this game and you waltz into the thread and immediately start shitposting at breakneck speed. nobody thinks your pretend drunk posting is funny

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tired Moritz posted:

you sure are mad that I want my videogame points back

I've been drinking and thinking your idea that there is no value other than what you paid for then is stupid

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the runes system is literally being changed because it's so garbage and adds no value to the gameplay because everyone uses the same setup.

It's a 50K IP roadblock and yeah I would appreciate getting the IP back so I could actually use them for champions I want.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

i think it makes sense as a business decision, even though it feels arbitrary to players, but the IP/RP economy has been such that people spend IP on runes and RP on champions when they are not going for skins, and suddenly putting all of this IP back into the game would give everyone about every champion, which dis-incentivizes people to play for first win of the day bonus to get IP, thus reducing play rates.

How Rude posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you dude. you have barely even played this game and you waltz into the thread and immediately start shitposting at breakneck speed. nobody thinks your pretend drunk posting is funny

how... rude. :iceburn: :master: :woop: :holy: :slick: :slick: :boom:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tired Moritz posted:

the runes system is literally being changed because it's so garbage and adds no value to the gameplay because everyone uses the same setup.

It's a 50K IP roadblock and yeah I would appreciate getting the IP back so I could actually use them for champions I want.

If I try to return literally anything four years after I bought it I'm getting laughed at for evem trying and this is fake game money that you get for playing the game, I'm sorry rito slapped you in the face by not offering you a full refund

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the saddest thing to me about the rune change, is that, i wanted to play the yasuo all crit damage rune page that some random platinum guy was doing. it was loving garbage but it looked really funny.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

pog boyfriend posted:

i think it makes sense as a business decision, even though it feels arbitrary to players, but the IP/RP economy has been such that people spend IP on runes and RP on champions when they are not going for skins, and suddenly putting all of this IP back into the game would give everyone about every champion, which dis-incentivizes people to play for first win of the day bonus to get IP, thus reducing play rates.

I think it's kinda sad that people are playing to grind IP instead to have fun, but yeah I guess you have a valid point. They could at least give us more than 40%, like 60/70%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If I try to return literally anything four years after I bought it I'm getting laughed at for evem trying and this is fake game money that you get for playing the game, I'm sorry rito slapped you in the face by not offering you a full refund

it would cost them $0 to refund 100%

• Locked thread