Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can I give my 30% MyNintendo birthday discount away? I already have all the games listed and I wouldn't mind sharing with a goon that needs it.

Pretty sure it's locked to your NNID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Hey, I have some WiiU codes from a Humble Bundle ages ago that I can't use because I don't have a WiiU. They're probably poo poo but they're also free, help yourself!

Runbow
B0LPW7Y75H3DHNCJ

Swords & Soldiers II
B0L6CFF25061RMV3

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

jivjov posted:

Pretty sure it's locked to your NNID

Yeah, it automatically applies it when you try to buy the game on the eshop

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I'm deciding between buying Pikmin 3, Yoshi's WW or Captain Toad. I'm kinda leaning towards Pikmin or CT, whichever one is more of a chill session. I could be sold on YWW if it's a really good platformer in the vein of NSMB Wii U. Any recommendations?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Captain Toad is perfect, all the little levels are tightly designed and relatively brief, so its great for picking up and putting down whenever, puzzles are fun and unique, good ramp of difficulty + the usually mega difficult hyper twists that they put in after the credits roll, if you want to delve deep. I loved that game

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I call him craptain chode. lol

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

In Training posted:

Captain Toad is perfect, all the little levels are tightly designed and relatively brief, so its great for picking up and putting down whenever, puzzles are fun and unique, good ramp of difficulty + the usually mega difficult hyper twists that they put in after the credits roll, if you want to delve deep. I loved that game

Yeah I'm gonna go with this. I haven't played a good puzzle game in a while.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

snoremac posted:

Yeah I'm gonna go with this. I haven't played a good puzzle game in a while.

Good choice. I'm also seconding it and really hope it gets a sequel on Switch. Such a charming little game.

The other two games are also must plays though. Make sure you play the Wii U version of Woolly World since it's gorgeous and has co-op.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 30, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pikmin > Woolly World >>> Captain Toad

US people, Gamestop's doing a "buy $50 in eShop credit, get an extra $10 card free" deal for another day or so: http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Too busy preordering that Call of Duty WWII Deployment Kit*!

*Game not included.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

$30. Bit too high imo. I'll pick it up on sale.

If you get the big stupidly expensive multiplayer bag from Waterfield for your Switch, you can get it for free

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/892430455907262464

Big Kirby sale started today

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nice, definitely gonna pick up Planet Robobot while it's on sale

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

All these 25th and 30th anniversaries are starting to make me feel old.:smith:

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Alright, what's the best of these Kirby games on sale. I'm still pretty uninitiated on that series

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

nerdman42 posted:

Alright, what's the best of these Kirby games on sale. I'm still pretty uninitiated on that series

all of them

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Not sure how useful this is to everyone but if you're interested in shopping around on the Switch eshops for the best deals I found this online

https://eshop.calyh.re/

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

nerdman42 posted:

If you haven't gotten Planet Robobot, get it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

nerdman42 posted:

If you have a Wii u start with Return to Dreamland. Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot are the same style of game and each one is better than the last. But they're all amazing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
3D Dreamland and Triple Deluxe are my votes.

Mirror and Planet Roboto are the next tier.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can I give my 30% MyNintendo birthday discount away? I already have all the games listed and I wouldn't mind sharing with a goon that needs it.

Thanks for reminding me I got one of those the other day. Don't really have the cash right now but I don't want to let the elusive Nintendo discount go to waste.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I played the demo of Robobot and it was decent. As a noob how do the actual games compare? Thinking of Triple whatever (forgot halfway through this post)

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Robobot is the most fun Kirb imo. Playing through Triple Deluxe at the moment and it's good but Robobot is finely distilled joy

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

nerdman42 posted:

Kirby Superstar is a pretty good introduction to the series. It's the one I was recommended to start with. It's actually several shorter games in one. I think I started with the top left one? Anyway, it's very charming and cute and has a nice variety of enemies for Kirby to copy and mow down.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kirby Superstar, definitely

I don't even play Kirby all that much, but it's broken into small fun adventures and mini-games. And the coop is good in that game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirby's Dream Course is my favorite Kirby game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Recommending Kirby spinoffs to Kirby virgins is Very Dangerous, I have learned. I was talking to someone awhile ago that said they hated Kirby games and turns out the only one they'd played was Canvas Curse, and now she's addicted to Robobot and says they love Kirby

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

I want a sequel to this. If Canvas Curse got one then it should get one too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Recommending Kirby spinoffs to Kirby virgins is Very Dangerous, I have learned. I was talking to someone awhile ago that said they hated Kirby games and turns out the only one they'd played was Canvas Curse, and now she's addicted to Robobot and says they love Kirby

Well they're a clown because Canvas Curse is awesome

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want a sequel to this. If Canvas Curse got one then it should get one too.

There is a sequel, sort of!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZiNSz5SxdE

Kirby's Dream Course was originally being developed as a generic minigolf game until Miyamoto told HAL to rework it with a Kirby theme, but once it was released they went back and completed the non-Kirby version for release on Satellaview as "Special Tee Shot" - the mechanics are the same but the courses are all new and there are a few new gimmicks. You can't buy it anywhere but the ROM's not hard to find.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Well they're a clown because Canvas Curse is awesome
The themes and metaphors are too complex for those without the proper Kirby background and training, you must be a level 2 Kirby fan to appreciate this good game

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
I am in love with all of the games I've got so far for my Switch, but I really can't wait for them to flesh out the e-store more as soon as possible. There are so many Nintendo only titles they could throw us PLUS a huge library of Indie games. Just imagine if we could get a taste of whats going on with PS4/Steam/iOS. We already have some of these titles but so many more would adapt PERFECTLY from a playability standpoint, although the technical details might be a bitch since I haven't explored a lot of that end of poo poo. I'm not saying they are lazy. I'm just saying there is so much potential and I hope we continue to explore more of it. Anyone exchanging codes here?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

In Training posted:

Seconding the Dream Course love, it's a hilarious multiplayer/party game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Aren't there a couple shmups dropping today? Are those only on the JP shop or are they coming to other regions?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Strikers 1945 is out in the EU shop I dunno about anywhere else, that's all I've seen this week.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I think there's a NeoGeo shmup dropping, plus that non-Jackbox party game and 3 others, but I forget what they are.

e: They've been pretty great so far about releasing eShop-only stuff across all 3 regions in the same week.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Seconding the guy who said not to suggest spin offs for someone looking to try the Kirby series. I hated Dream Course and love the Kirby series. It's really not a great idea to suggest an isometric 16bit golf putting sim when someone is asking how to get into a powerup based 2D platformer.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Xenomrph posted:

The best part is that you can multiplayer this on the go with a New 3DS, since you can actually change controller port in-system.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Takoluka posted:

The best part is that you can multiplayer this on the go with a New 3DS, since you can actually change controller port in-system.

...I think I need a copy of Dream Course on 3DS now. Too bad it's not part of the sale. :negative: Oh well, it's cheap enough anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think it's in the SNES mini if you're getting that