Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i have 0 interest in it because its a fire emblem game combined with a musou game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I need to re unlock my main and buy a stick converter

I used Ringo because I thought she was saying "salt!" but apparently that is incorrect

E: opponents still get salty though, surprisingly high number of ragequitters

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 1, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

She's saying sine cosine and tangent

Soral
May 30, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

I think they said it's only FE1/Awakening/Fates characters. Lame as hell

The Fire Emblem guys have completely lost their minds.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ArfJason posted:

I just noticed toki tori 2+, a game i was super impressed by for being a huge interconnected open world where you dont learn new moves, rather learn what your 2 moves do to affect the environment, is basically wario land 3.

3 was the gbc one not the gba one right

yes but I don't think those two games are comparable, WL3 has a ton of required unlocks and arbitrary progression blockers and is constantly finding ways to make you recover old ground for the hell of it, it feels more like the 2D version of a Rare N64 game than anything else

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Uhh really? I dont recall you needing to unlock much in wario land 3 but again i havent played it in possibly over a decade

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
My favorite part about Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land was how the ending would change depending on how much treasure you collected and it was all completely optional. This was before the internet so I'm pretty sure I tried every single combination of loot while beating the game just to see what epic house Wario would erect for himself.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ArfJason posted:

Uhh really? I dont recall you needing to unlock much in wario land 3 but again i havent played it in possibly over a decade

you need to unlock like every single ability you started off with in wario land 2 over the course of the game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

My favorite part about Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land was how the ending would change depending on how much treasure you collected and it was all completely optional. This was before the internet so I'm pretty sure I tried every single combination of loot while beating the game just to see what epic house Wario would erect for himself.

same

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bill Barber posted:

I may have completely imagined this but I think Yacht Club mentioned they might do something similar for the Shovel Knight's King Knight campaign

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

You start out way worse than WL2 Wario but you end up as a God

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Also I unabashedly used the cheat where you paused the game and then hit select 17 times and moved the cursor over and gave yourself 99 lives.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh wow i remember a lot less than i thought of wl3

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
wario land 2 is one of the greatest gameso f all time and wario land 3 is a pile of dog poo poo

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Wario Land 2 is very good. Wario Land 3 is a bit less good than that.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

Also I unabashedly used the cheat where you paused the game and then hit select 17 times and moved the cursor over and gave yourself 99 lives.

i did not do that

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
wario lands past 1 are a nintendo blind spot.. which one gives a good taste

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Milkman posted:

none of them if you get them on the switch

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Milkman posted:

Wario Land 2 best expresses the concept of Wario Landness. It has a branching progression through the levels, but don't worry about which branches you end up on, because when you finish the game you can go back to any level and get all the alternate endings.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Whats the one with the forest where you butt stomp mushrooms platforms to raise other mushroom platforms thats the one i played

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's 2am and I'm reading the wikipedia page for Wario Land and downloading an emulator and playing it now thanks a lot Nintendo thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
skip the DS game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I remember one of the first issues of Nintendo Power after the GBA was announced that had a clearly fake letter from a fan begging for a new Wario game where he has to catch giant pieces of fruit in his mouth and "you could even use scaling to make the fruit rotate"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'd love a €5/€10 eshop game for switch that was just some simple arcade minigame where you just win coins but you could spend the coins on a warioware twisted/warioware touched/game and wario style gatcha machine for little toys and trinkets

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
specifically i have been thinking about the game & wario box full of beans

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

goferchan posted:

I remember one of the first issues of Nintendo Power after the GBA was announced that had a clearly fake letter from a fan begging for a new Wario game where he has to catch giant pieces of fruit in his mouth and "you could even use scaling to make the fruit rotate"

thank you for rememberijg my letter

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Whats the one with the forest where you butt stomp mushrooms platforms to raise other mushroom platforms thats the one i played

Wario Land 3 had these, it was also the best platformer on the GBC

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I like Wario Land 1 and 3, but never got into 2.

Why isn't Wario Land Virtual Boy on the 3DS?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Caithness posted:

I like Wario Land 1 and 3, but never got into 2.

Why isn't Wario Land Virtual Boy on the 3DS?

they probably think they can't re-release it without colourising it and they might be right

it's a good game, very similar to the first Wario Land

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
Well just add colors then, how hard could it be?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Caithness posted:

Well just add colors then, how hard could it be?

Very hard in comparison to just taking an existing game and sticking it in an existing compiler unaltered and making sure it works.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
Well do that then. I want to play this game that's "very much like" my favorite game of all time. But not on an actual Virtual Boy, that would be crazy

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Caithness posted:

Well do that then. I want to play this game that's "very much like" my favorite game of all time. But not on an actual Virtual Boy, that would be crazy

Nintendo doesn't have a Virtual Boy emulator ready to go, unfortunately, but you can probably find an unofficial one if you try.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Soral posted:

theresd an enemy in miitopia called twerkey and its a turkey with a big rear end

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
The virtual boy one is the only Wario Land I've played. It was a real looker compared to the rest of the games on the system because of its nice sprites, so it probably holds up well enough today

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

i have 0 interest in it because its a fire emblem game combined with a musou game

hyrule warriors was actually good though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wario land 3 isn't anything like toki tori 2. you unlock lots of skills to progress, and the level design approaches europlatformer maze hell with 10 billion doors. its still pretty good tho.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
wow i remember wario land 3 a lot wronger than i thought, or i didnt get very far? hmm, i should replay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i replayed it not too long ago cuz it was a deep discount 1 dollar game thru not-nintendo-rewards