Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Mm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I'm watching yesterday's Germany v Russia game from the FIBA U18 European Championship. Russia is leading 5-0 nearly five minutes into the first quarter, and now they're playing loving Baby Bash during the timeout.

August is the cruellest month.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 2, 2017

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmmm another move for our boy Ricky.

https://twitter.com/rickyrubio9/status/892468389775650818

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Let''s be brutally honest, the 2013~14 Spurs are the most feel-good winners of basically ever in any sport ever.

No, I haven't just been watching Youtube tributes to that team while my eyes water because I accidentally rubbed, um, chili, yeah, chili into them. Why do you ask?

As a staunch KG fan growing up, I'm constantly surprised at how much I wish I could watch Duncan in his prime all over again more than KG.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 2, 2017

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Actually it was the Bulldogs in the AFL last year, probably.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Let''s be brutally honest, the 2013~14 Spurs are the most feel-good winners of basically ever in any sport ever.

2011 Mavericks

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

No, I haven't just been watching Youtube tributes to that team while my eyes water because I accidentally rubbed, um, chili, yeah, chili into them. Why do you ask?

As a staunch KG fan growing up, I'm constantly surprised at how much I wish I could watch Duncan in his prime all over again more than KG.

Cubs

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Not even close, mostly nobody but Spurs fans "felt good" about them winning their thirtieth championship of the new millennium

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thats when Leborn was evil tho. Tough to remember he was evil once now that he is a God King.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'd rather have seen what KG could have done with competent management around him.

Also re: Asik, bacterial infections suck. I got one a month ago and treatment is just doctors throwing antibiotics at it until something works. Mine is supposedly gone but some of the effects are still lingering.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Thats when Leborn was evil tho. Tough to remember he was evil once now that he is a God King.

I don't really think people cared 3+ years into his Miami jaunt. I certainly didn't. Even if they did it's really not even close to topping the Cubs or something similar for "feel good" championships

I wouldn't describe being happy that someone specific lost as "feel good" in an authentic sense anyways

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

loving what? It was their 5th championship in 15 years lmao.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The cubs winning gave us trump because the universe couldn't handle that much impossibility so it couldn't course correct in time

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The most feel good championship was either the mavs or royals

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ramadu posted:

The cubs winning gave us trump because the universe couldn't handle that much impossibility so it couldn't course correct in time

it's actually because that's the deal Kevlar made in the n/v thread

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Metapod posted:

The most feel good championship was either the mavs or royals

Nah its 2017 warriors.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
lol 2K sports rated Lonzo Ball an 80 overall.

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/892536095371481088/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fnba%2F

Even giving Fultz that rating is pretty bad.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They gave him an 80 rating so they didn't have to deal with his idiot father waddling around and yelling about how he was wronged.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
eh. the smart move in that case would have been to give him a lower rating.

He would promote the poo poo out of the game for free

mostly 2k overall ratings don't really mean poo poo.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
They also generally seem to give small bumps to the best players on dogshit teams so they aren't completely boring to play as

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

What about that one soccer team that was basically the equivalent of the Sixers from two seasons ago winning the Finals?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The sf the Lakers drafted last year started at 79.

The way 2k overall works though is that their is an intangibles stat that only exists to raise or lower the overall for a player.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

morestuff posted:

They also generally seem to give small bumps to the best players on dogshit teams so they aren't completely boring to play as

Devin Booker is a 2k legend. Trade for him in almost every single franchise/mygm mode.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The sf the Lakers drafted last year started at 79.

The way 2k overall works though is that their is an intangibles stat that only exists to raise or lower the overall for a player.

I once rode like a 68 OVR with A 3pt shooting and A- Athleticism to an NBA finals in like 2k15 or 2k16

But dear god was he trash if I ever simmed a game with him.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

I once rode like a 68 OVR with A 3pt shooting and A- Athleticism to an NBA finals in like 2k15 or 2k16

The best kind of players. I wish they would give some kind of way to fix tendencies for them. I need this guy who is wide open at the 3pt line during a fast break to not drive into the clogged rear end lane the instant I pass it to him or I'm going to explode

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I only do MyPlayer and I probably won't pick up next season's due to the perceived latency being so bad in those online modes. It's not rare that pressing a button or moving a stick has a delay of over a half second before the animation starts. Play Now online mode is supposedly fine, but not the ones involved with MyPlayer characters.

Even if the latency issues were fixed, it wouldn't stop me from being bad but I would be frustrated at myself instead of the game.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dexo posted:

Devin Booker is a 2k legend. Trade for him in almost every single franchise/mygm mode.

In Charlotte's dark days Tyrus Thomas became the greatest defensive player of all time if you fed him any minutes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Doesn't 2K update ratings over the course of a season? Lonzo will be an 80 until November

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ramadu posted:

Yeah, while I"m still happy/ecstatic that they won it last year, every day a part of me thinks that if I could trade that for a non-Trump presidency, I would.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Doesn't 2K update ratings over the course of a season? Lonzo will be an 80 until November

yeah, Brandon Ingram went from like a 79 to a 70 overall over the course of the season I think.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

God bless Shannon Brown

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

God bless Shannon Brown

Please use his full name "Goddammit Shannon Brown"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kibner posted:

I only do MyPlayer and I probably won't pick up next season's due to the perceived latency being so bad in those online modes. It's not rare that pressing a button or moving a stick has a delay of over a half second before the animation starts. Play Now online mode is supposedly fine, but not the ones involved with MyPlayer characters.

Even if the latency issues were fixed, it wouldn't stop me from being bad but I would be frustrated at myself instead of the game.

What's this years MyPlayer Intolerable Gimmick, do we know?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dexo posted:

Devin Booker is a legend. Trade for him

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Cavs coming back from down 3-1 against the best regular season team of all time on the back of Richard Jefferson was a much better feel good win than the Spurs.

What the heck?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i felt pretty good every time the heat lost, and bad when they beat the spurs

i don't know if it's "of all time" though

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/892754403463225344

They would use Wade huh.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 2, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Quote not edit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ads on jerseys are terrible. It just looks bad. look at how big that is.

Its better on football because the football jerserys are so loving big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

zoux posted:

What's this years MyPlayer Intolerable Gimmick, do we know?

this years gimmick is mygm has a storymode now

• Locked thread