Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

where are you seeing this? lol if that's true

Guessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

triple sulk posted:

wishbone is dead

gently caress you no he isn't

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

friends was probably the most egregious of all of the portrayals

Actually, the main apartment in Friends (originally Monicas) was rent controlled.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

euphronius posted:

UPS is unionized but yeah that house was a stretch.

also the wife

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks to President Trumps unmatched negotiating skills congress has finally drafted a bill that he is willing to put his name on.

*a couple days later* President Trump will reluctantly sign the garbage bill that Congress is bullying him into signing

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Actually, the main apartment in Friends (originally Monicas) was rent controlled.

one fiction for another is still fiction

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

How I Met Your Mother was inexplicable. They move to New York City, Marshall hasn't even passed the bar yet, Ted is an intro level architect, and they have this massive 2 bed room apartment.

they had an episode about how it wasn't actually a big apartment and it was just a storytelling convenience

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Pinely posted:

they're going to slobber all over Kelly.

Yeah and that's probably what's going to get him fired lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Thanks to President Trumps unmatched negotiating skills congress has finally drafted a bill that he is willing to put his name on.

*a couple days later* President Trump will reluctantly sign the garbage bill that Congress is bullying him into signing

i get the feeling the "he will sign the bill" statement was made without trump's consent to pressure him into signing it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sitcom Apartment Reviews

consider Three's Company

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

VROOM VROOM posted:

they had an episode about how it wasn't actually a big apartment and it was just a storytelling convenience

Really? I don't remember that at all.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
hello thread

i am having a stressful week, could the nukes just fly already jeez

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
The founder of Reddit was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and they were browsing some guy's post history and they had to blur one part out because it said "release the piss tape" lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

a friend of mine was in a lovely house band fronted by the guy who owned the venue they played at

as soon as anyone got more attention than he did, the frontguy would kick them out of the band

that guy is Turmp's spirit animal

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

lorn Wayne posted:

hello thread

i am having a stressful week, could the nukes just fly already jeez

this is like the worst trump week ever. i need more trump drama.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Yinlock posted:

Sitcom Apartment Reviews

consider Three's Company

i'm sure there's thousands of thinkpieces on the apartments on friends

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Laverne and shirley lived in a basement which was cool.

Well then they moved to Orange County or something.

Apr 7, 2003

Yinlock posted:

Sitcom Apartment Reviews

consider Three's Company

Three's Company was from an era when working people could afford things like a place to live

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

Sitcom Apartment Reviews

consider Three's Company

Sexy hijinks!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

zen death robot posted:

WW2 wasn't fought with modern day concepts of civilians being off limits.

yeah it was fought with guns + planes + tanks hahaha

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

zen death robot posted:

WW2 wasn't fought with modern day concepts of civilians being off limits.

That's still pretty loving conceptual these days

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Citizen Tayne posted:

The CEO of my old company, a dude named Marijn Dekkers, went to work for Bayer.

When the Indian government petitioned Bayer to make their new cancer drug more affordable, Dekkers made a public statement that "this drug isn't for Indians, it's for rich Westerners."

Sounds about right.

My old CEO launched a second, vanity sporting goods store because his other sporting goods store didn't focus on golf enough. He then poorly staffed up a corporate team that was not only supposed to split duties, be understaffed, but also have a completely different boutique premium image while using all the same product assets. Then he names this mother loving retailer like a laser tag pizza place. "Golf Galaxy." gently caress me.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

the media's booklicker tendencies are wrecking this administration, which is both hilarious and incredibly depressing

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
https://twitter.com/congressedits/status/892740357900955648

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. Palpatine: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. Palpatine: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

/r/PrequelMemes trollin everyone here

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

well sitcom homes also need enough room for the actors to move around and do stuff, and sometimes for steve urkel to crash through the ceiling with a parachute

Apr 7, 2003

i drive by an apartment complex sometimes and I can tell it was built in the late seventies because the sign's got the stupid curly loving serifs on this font

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Really? I don't remember that at all.

hmm, I can't find anything on it so maybe it was another show or I'm crazy but I thought it was HIMYM that did that. fits in with the unreliable narrator thing

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Internet posted:

My old CEO launched a second, vanity sporting goods store because his other sporting goods store didn't focus on golf enough. He then poorly staffed up a corporate team that was not only supposed to split duties, be understaffed, but also have a completely different boutique premium image while using all the same product assets. Then he names this mother loving retailer like a laser tag pizza place. "Golf Galaxy." gently caress me.

Chief, Execute Officers :getin:

Apr 7, 2003

Captain Internet posted:

Dick's Sporting Goods? I used to work in their old headquarters building, it was decorated like a lovely hunting lodge.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

703 posted:

this is like the worst trump week ever. i need more trump drama.

You're a mad man

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i am currently signing sanctions against you guys.

you better listne

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

well sitcom homes also need enough room for the actors to move around and do stuff, and sometimes for steve urkel to crash through the ceiling with a parachute

Can you believe a single dad with three kids can afford a Full House in San Francisco?

Apr 7, 2003

my advice to you is that if you want to buy something from Dick's Sporting Goods, don't go to dicks.com. There aren't any sporting goods there

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

you ever notice how big al bundy's house was in spite of their income

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

VROOM VROOM posted:

hmm, I can't find anything on it so maybe it was another show or I'm crazy but I thought it was HIMYM that did that. fits in with the unreliable narrator thing

Oh it would totally fit, and be a rather good note for the show to hit. Which is why I doubt it happened.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Citizen Tayne posted:

Dick's Sporting Goods? I used to work in their old headquarters building, it was decorated like a lovely hunting lodge.

I worked at their new headquarters by the airport, hence the loving private jet while I smoked cigarettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
where the gently caress are the tweets today? I need the tweets you old bitch.

Ed Balls

• Locked thread