Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Well, if you're going to gently caress an M&M, you could do worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Archer666 posted:

There was some hilarious poo poo in there like having a hard-on for the green M&M and wanting to gently caress it.

OK now that's funny.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Archer666 posted:

There was some hilarious poo poo in there like having a hard-on for the green M&M and wanting to gently caress it.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/399334112357384192

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I Before E posted:

Well, if you're going to gently caress an M&M, you could do worse
I mean Griffin McElroy clearly has a vore fetish and everyone loves him so I think the bottom of what you can be into is pretty deep :v:

Though I remember there was some 4chan post that claimed to have Lindsey as a source about how much of a weirdo jagoff Linkara was back when they were doing those big crossover events

But let's get away from that I found something that is a little outside the box, this show called Your Dinosaur Is Wrong which I found out has been going on for years (only 23 episodes though) and I enjoy it a lot since the guy doing it while have little stage presence and seemingly doing the show in one take, actually does a lot of effort in trying to teach Dinosaurian anatomy and how all these toys you had as a child are wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISjItjSb8lc

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Wasn't that "anonymous source" from the crossovers thing confirmed false? Also can we please stop speculating about people's fetishes? That's the type of poo poo kiwifarms does

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

If they worst thing about a guy is that he wants to have sex with a green M&M I honestly don't see the problem.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
what I'm really wondering about is if my favourite critic will suck my dick if I dress it up like sonic the hedgehog

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

cat doter posted:

what I'm really wondering about is if my favourite critic will suck my dick if I dress it up like sonic the hedgehog

I'm pretty sure Hbomberguy will do that, yes.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Genocyber posted:

I'm pretty sure Hbomberguy will do that, yes.

my favourite critic is armond white motherfucker

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

cat doter posted:

my favourite critic is armond white motherfucker

You know I had a friend once who went on a rant about how much worse gay lifestyle magazines were than lesbian lifestyle magazines, because lesbian magazines had "in-depth articles covering important issues, body positivity, girl scout cookie rankings, a sense of solidarity and community" and gay lifestyle magazines had "fashion advertorials, twinks and generic muscular guys, Armond loving White for some reason, celebrity gossip and racism"

This has nothing to do with anything, I just think about it every time Armond White comes up now.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

watho posted:

Wasn't that "anonymous source" from the crossovers thing confirmed false?

The version I remember wasn't even anonymous, it was tell-all tales from the hired-on "lighting guy" on Kickassia. Which aside from being confirmed fictional, is loving hilarious if you know literally anything about the CA crossover movies.

Unless you mean anonymous source in that it was posted by an anon on 4chan. :v:

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

cat doter posted:

I think it'll depend more on your paetreon tier rather than who you dress your cock up as tbh.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You know I had a friend once who went on a rant about how much worse gay lifestyle magazines were than lesbian lifestyle magazines, because lesbian magazines had "in-depth articles covering important issues, body positivity, girl scout cookie rankings, a sense of solidarity and community" and gay lifestyle magazines had "fashion advertorials, twinks and generic muscular guys, Armond loving White for some reason, celebrity gossip and racism"

This has nothing to do with anything, I just think about it every time Armond White comes up now.

yeah it rules

KayTee posted:

I think it'll depend more on your paetreon tier rather than who you dress your cock up as tbh.

I'm a poor man but what I lack monetarily I make up for with verve and creativity

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Some of the interviews are pretty cool in gay magazines

I remember reading one with Matt Smith years ago

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

The version I remember wasn't even anonymous, it was tell-all tales from the hired-on "lighting guy" on Kickassia. Which aside from being confirmed fictional, is loving hilarious if you know literally anything about the CA crossover movies.

Was this the one you were thinking of?

There’s no fetish-related gossip in there, though. Mostly it’s just stuff about the Walkers being clueless filmmakers, which I’d believe even if this story did turn out to be fake.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

That one was confirmed not true

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Yeah, that figures. A 4chan thread isn’t exactly a credible source of evidence.

The subject is still kind of fascinating to me, though. Not just the movies, but the whole story of the rise and fall of TGWTG and the stuff that went on behind the scenes. There’s probably enough material for someone involved with the whole thing to create a “Disaster Artist”-style book about it, but sadly it’s such a niche topic that I doubt it’d be profitable to write.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Bakeneko posted:

Was this the one you were thinking of?

Yup, though I also recall a much nastier string of posts that I'm not going to bother to drudge up.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

John Murdoch posted:

I've seen parts of that movie; the idea that they had paid anyone money to be a "lighting guy" in what I saw should automatically raise suspicions.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

achillesforever6 posted:

But let's get away from that I found something that is a little outside the box, this show called Your Dinosaur Is Wrong which I found out has been going on for years (only 23 episodes though) and I enjoy it a lot since the guy doing it while have little stage presence and seemingly doing the show in one take, actually does a lot of effort in trying to teach Dinosaurian anatomy and how all these toys you had as a child are wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISjItjSb8lc

I just wanted to thank you for posting this, because it's my new favorite thing. Started watching from the beginning, and it's fantastic. Kid me would've been thrilled to watch this.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TheMaestroso posted:

I just wanted to thank you for posting this, because it's my new favorite thing. Started watching from the beginning, and it's fantastic. Kid me would've been thrilled to watch this.
Yeah my personal favorite is the Spinosaurus episode mainly because he takes the bipedial toy and turns it into what Spinosaurus actually looked like

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

on that thought; is there a thread for discussing internet video channels that aren't internet 'critics'?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

on that thought; is there a thread for discussing internet video channels that aren't internet 'critics'?

This one can fill in in a pinch if needed, but there's also the Youtube Intellectual Mock Thread in D&D for all your lovely YouTube personality mocking/discussing needs.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

It's definitely more on-topic than what we usually talk about here.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

nine-gear crow posted:

This one can fill in in a pinch if needed, but there's also the Youtube Intellectual Mock Thread in D&D for all your lovely YouTube personality mocking/discussing needs.

good no, mock threads are toxic garbage

i was just thinking it might be nice to have a more general internet video thread. like, that your dinosaurs are wrong video was pretty neat, and i'd have never have found that on my own

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anyone know where I can watch Jay O's old Month of Miyazaki videos?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I believe they're all down after internet aristocrat started making videos about former CA producers. Dunno if any pirate uploads are still around

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
He asked that the videos be taken down for now because that internet aristocrat dude was internet detectiving iirc

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Jacob took them down because the last thing he needs is for a gamergater to internet detective him.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Puppy Time posted:

It's definitely more on-topic than what we usually talk about here.

Let's have yet another derail about spec ops the line or american politics for whatever loving reason (seriously why does this thread become uspol every 4 pages?)

Bakeneko posted:

went on behind the scenes.

Its kinda sad seeing how everything turned out to be behind the scenes. If you watched some of Spoony's behind the scenes videos during the first anniversary special it really looked like everyone was having a good time.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Bakeneko posted:

The subject is still kind of fascinating to me, though. Not just the movies, but the whole story of the rise and fall of TGWTG and the stuff that went on behind the scenes. There’s probably enough material for someone involved with the whole thing to create a “Disaster Artist”-style book about it, but sadly it’s such a niche topic that I doubt it’d be profitable to write.
I talked about this a bunch on stream a couple weeks ago, but aide from some "oh, honey" moments with the making of the anniversary films, the only real 'story' is that Mike Michaud is equal parts paranoid, petty, and bad at his job. The decline, or at least stagnation, of TGWTG is ultimately rooted in a series of very mundane failures, namely that they're absolutely garbage at communication. It would seriously be three hundred pages of "and then no one heard from anyone with decision making powers for months, until they finally got a 'oh, sorry, will fix that' on Skype. The issue was never fixed."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Testekill posted:

Jacob took them down because the last thing he needs is for a gamergater to internet detective him.

That's a shame. Oh well, it's not like I haven't seen them before.

Instead, I went and watched Bennett's Anime Abandon video on the Memories short film collection by Katsuhiro Otomo, and I took up his recommendation of watching Magnetic Rose before finishing the review. Holy hell am I glad I did. It's like Kubrick surrealism in anime form, and good god is it beautiful to look at.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

FoldableHuman posted:

I talked about this a bunch on stream a couple weeks ago, but aide from some "oh, honey" moments with the making of the anniversary films, the only real 'story' is that Mike Michaud is equal parts paranoid, petty, and bad at his job. The decline, or at least stagnation, of TGWTG is ultimately rooted in a series of very mundane failures, namely that they're absolutely garbage at communication. It would seriously be three hundred pages of "and then no one heard from anyone with decision making powers for months, until they finally got a 'oh, sorry, will fix that' on Skype. The issue was never fixed."

I feel like a Rise and Fall of AICN would be more interesting. And even if there's not a lot of behind the scenes drama - and it's amazing that there doesn't seem to be, considering how vile and obnoxious Harry Knowles comes across as in his reviews and interviews - the subject is a great starting point for a larger discussion about the development of nerd culture/subcultures on the web.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I love this story so much, not just all of it, but the fact your friend would have to read both to know that

Are there no bisexual lifestyle magazines, do people just have to read both? Oh geez

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Instead, I went and watched Bennett's Anime Abandon video on the Memories short film collection by Katsuhiro Otomo, and I took up his recommendation of watching Magnetic Rose before finishing the review. Holy hell am I glad I did. It's like Kubrick surrealism in anime form, and good god is it beautiful to look at.

Satoshi Kon writing and Yoko Kanno composing for that one plus pretty much the best animators in Japan at the time. Hell of a dream team, still one of my faves. If I was asked for a recommendation to try and convince someone that anime isn't all trash, that would still be my easy #1 pick to show them.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Hbomberguy posted:

I love this story so much, not just all of it, but the fact your friend would have to read both to know that

Are there no bisexual lifestyle magazines, do people just have to read both? Oh geez

There actually are, they're just invisible like us.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

these "gay lifestyle" magazines just sound like ordinary men's magazines to me

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Augus posted:

these "gay lifestyle" magazines just sound like ordinary men's magazines to me

I think they might just be talking about the National Review.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
There's two kinds of gay lifestyle mags, one, and the most common, is basically Men's Health, But We're Overt About It Instead Of Subtle like GT and Out, the other is actual pretty solid mags that are about the queer community like Loverboy and Hello Mr.

Basically if it sounds incredibly stereotypical it's actually probably solid. If it sounds mainstream it probably sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Crossposting something posted over in the Steam thread:

Ulio posted:

A youtuber actually made a really interesting video about movement in video games. It shows all the different type of movements used in games especially platform. Subject might sound boring but it's actually really interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amCd-mWqGlQ

• Locked thread