Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zephro posted:

It's not so much that as that I really hate that level design-wise for some reason. It just feels like a boring slog.
Agreed. Kaom's locations have not a single interesting and fun thing about them. Couldn't care less about the fire resist need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Zephro posted:

It's not so much that as that I really hate that level design-wise for some reason. It just feels like a boring slog.

Those loving Spirited Away totem things, so annoying.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Now Daresso's locations, drat. I wouldn't mind if any non-Labyrinth location in game was perpetually narrated by Daresso.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Now Daresso's locations, drat. I wouldn't mind if any non-Labyrinth location in game was perpetually narrated by Daresso.

He should share 50/50 with Dominus.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
weeeelcome...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Big Dominus fan here

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm ok with Izaro doing books on tape.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
its a shame that dominus doesnt have any role in act 8, because he has always been an underutilized villain

back when the game ended on act 3, he was a great capstone to the story, but he was never introduced properly

when the game was ending on act 4, he was sidelined by the purity rebellion crew

and now, in 3.0, he's introduced properly, but he barely has any role past act 3, and it's avarice who gets all the cool lines

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Fair, but how many supports would really help it? It's Chaos, Area, Duration. So that's what, Void Manipulation (green), Inc/Conc (blue) and maybe less duration (red) if that even works. You might not even need all those sockets.

Less duration probably doesn't work because it doesn't affect skills with infinite durations like RF, but rapid decay does. You'd want efficacy, void manipulation, conc effect, inc AoE, rapid decay, generosity. That's five off-colors.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wrong thread

euphronius fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 2, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

Hamilton for example could not be president because he was the child of north manhatten Puerto ricans

Whats happening

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wrong thread

I'll edit it sorry.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Read too deep into the patch notes.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

Wrong thread

I'll edit it sorry.

Nah, leave it up. I liked it better when I thought it was a reference I just wasnt getting

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

nerox posted:

They really shouldn't. That is a first step to making the game p2w instead of all MTX being cosmetics/tabs.

No, do it but charge like $100 so only whales will buy it and it probably won't affect the economy.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sotar posted:

No, do it but charge like $100 so only whales will buy it and it probably won't affect the economy.

Absolutely loving not

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

5l's or tabulas are cheap anyways and good enough for 90% of the content (or more if you get good)

e. Trying to put together a storm burst build in PoB, and I'm thinking ED/Contagion might be an easier way to go until someone less poo poo at making trees comes along with a build for me to copy.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm pretty sure even if you spent $1000 to design your own unique they still don't give you one

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm pretty sure even if you spent $1000 to design your own unique they still don't give you one

It's $2500 now.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I'm a Diablo convert and looking to give this game a serious shot. Just looking for a summoner build I can use that doesn't require much currency or game knowledge. This was suggested to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlGKHq0O1IQ

Any good?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

I'm a Diablo convert and looking to give this game a serious shot. Just looking for a summoner build I can use that doesn't require much currency or game knowledge. This was suggested to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlGKHq0O1IQ

Any good?

literally the best

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Think quite a few people here are going to roll with that build to start. A few pages back someone said how to level with it until you get the helm (which won't be the most expensive thing in the world, but probably not something you're going to be able to trade for on day 1 or 2).

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Any good?

yeah its good but don't expect to actually get a baron early lol, its a pretty popular build and those helms are going to be $$$$$$$$

if you haven't played poe at all you should relax and take it easy

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Thanks all, I just want to summon dudes and relax while I learn about the game.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Any good?

It's very solid and it will work very well even without The Baron until you can get one. Uberelite got top5 in the two recent HC races with this build doing it solo selffound (aka not buying anything from anyone)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Supposedly the odds on chancing it are pretty decent too? Idk if the numbers were just pulled out of thin air but I think he said 200 chance orbs.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Thanks all, I just want to summon dudes and relax while I learn about the game.

That build will be perfect for you then. Don't worry about the Baron helmet until far into late game, it's just the icing on the cake once you're high level and can stack a whole buttload of Strength.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Xequecal posted:

Less duration probably doesn't work because it doesn't affect skills with infinite durations like RF, but rapid decay does. You'd want efficacy, void manipulation, conc effect, inc AoE, rapid decay, generosity. That's five off-colors.

I'm gonna try it on my Blight character that I'm running this league.

Deaths Oath + Blight. Might use DA CRANK. Occultist w/ beacon of ruin and dual curse.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Theorycrafting: Ascendent with the Heirophant and Gladiator nodes. Ancestral Warchief in a Bringer of Rain. Physical Crit Staff. Is this worth building on? Is going crit/staff worth it, or should I go with res tech and the totem shield?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I've been away from PoE for a couple months waiting for the new patch to drop -- is there an actual written guide to the Baron SRS up anywhere for the new patch, or is it just that video and older SRS guides?

I'm old and cranky and hate video content.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Patch Notes posted:

Added a new Strength Support Gem - Ruthless Support: Makes every third skill deal significantly more damage, and stun for longer.
Chill no longer slows enemies by a fixed amount for a variable duration. Now, Chill will slow enemies for a duration of 2 seconds by an amount based on the Cold damage dealt to the enemy. A purely Cold hit which removes 10% of an enemy's life will slow that enemy by 30% for 2 seconds, scaling linearly down to 0% at no Cold damage dealt.
Added Cold Support and Added Lightning Support have been buffed, bringing them on par with the Added Chaos support gem. Added Cold Support now does 35.1% more damage at gem level 20.
Frostbreath: Now has (26-32) to (36-42) added Physical Damage, and (26-32) to (36-42) added Cold Damage.

Welp, time to give a perma-freeze Weight of the Empire Assassin build a shot.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Aerox posted:

I've been away from PoE for a couple months waiting for the new patch to drop -- is there an actual written guide to the Baron SRS up anywhere for the new patch, or is it just that video and older SRS guides?

I'm old and cranky and hate video content.

I seem to remember hearing Uberelite say he was writing a text-version?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Interesting, seems that Gruthkul's Pelt doesn't disable vuln from witchfire brew flask, or curse on hit from gloves.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Decided. Raider. Charged dash. Cast on channel ethereal knives. Converted to lightning using a brain rattler, and physical to lightning support. Queen of the forest of course. Charged dash better not suck.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

nerox posted:

They really shouldn't. That is a first step to making the game p2w instead of all MTX being cosmetics/tabs.

You can already p2w through third party sites.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

TheRat posted:

I seem to remember hearing Uberelite say he was writing a text-version?

I'm also pretty sure that Ghazzy's SRS guide is pretty much Uberelite's 2.6 mayhem character on the 3.0 tree.

He has some leveling tips, but doesn't touch on making a +1 fire wand or a +1 minion helmet which are probably not a bad idea.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

moush posted:

You can already p2w through third party sites.

Sure, but that's against the rules and technically bannable. There's a very significant difference.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

They should add 6 links into the store. I'd pay 9.99 for one.

Has your au pair affair really gone that bad?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

funmanguy posted:

Interesting, seems that Gruthkul's Pelt doesn't disable vuln from witchfire brew flask, or curse on hit from gloves.

my legacy facebreaker totem guy has witchfire up all the time (that's a lie, i'm normally too lazy to actually press buttons on it), and I've tested curse on hit gloves with it. Both work fine! I'm a big fan of gruthkul's.

It has the added SC benefit that you don't need to waste time casting aura's or golems after you die!

e. I'm also realizing that i've never done baron srs, sounding like a good build even with the small necro/srs nerfs. Don't think I actually did srs at all during legacy anyways.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Bluemillion posted:

Theorycrafting: Ascendent with the Heirophant and Gladiator nodes. Ancestral Warchief in a Bringer of Rain. Physical Crit Staff. Is this worth building on? Is going crit/staff worth it, or should I go with res tech and the totem shield?

Honestly I think an essence craft helm is going to beat out BoR most of the time for Scion Hierophant. Martyr of Innocence + Essence of Horror helm seems really good, you don't give up your chest armor, can even run Kaom's if you want to spend the money, and the templar staff wheel on the left side makes it very easy to cap block/spell block in such a build. I'm not sure if the increased fire damage and fire pen procs on that staff will transfer to your totems, though.