Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Wait, is that an "XY" on Kirk's badge?

I think it's just a hosed up command badge. Like he just drew a squiggle instead of the star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

frankenfreak posted:

Look at the rainbow flag and the rays coming out of the CNN apparatus. That perspective is Rall-ish.

Maybe it's just me, but the CNN apparatus and it's homo-rays look fine. It's Shatner's chair that's loving up my sense of perspective.

e: Also I guess manspreading is a good thing now? I mean, I'm not up on my bigot-speak, but I kinda thought manspreading was seen as universally bad. Is this one of those situations where the alt-right will defend something to the death because it has the word 'man' in it?

Arthur Crackpot fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 2, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I know it's not gonna happen but it'd be great if Shatner goes "What the gently caress you horrible bastard!"
P.s. Shatner is a jew garrison.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

noted homophobe william shatner...

He kinda is, actually. It's been coming up in the IoSM thread in PYF that Shatner's very right-wing and very sexist and homophobic.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Maybe it's just me, but the CNN apparatus and it's homo-rays look fine. It's Shatner's chair that's loving up my sense of perspective.

e: Also I guess manspreading is a good thing now? I mean, I'm not up on my bigot-speak, but I kinda though manspreading was seen as universally bad. Is this one of those situations where the alt-right will defend something to the death because it has the word 'man' in it?

The alt-right sees manspreading as a non-issue and likes to exaggerate how much "SJWs" care about it so as to make it seem like people who are asking others to be civil are nitpicking wimps.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

P.s. Shatner is a jew garrison.

What? Really? Are you sure about that? I don't think there's a large Jewish population in Montreal.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pakled posted:

The alt-right sees manspreading as a non-issue and likes to exaggerate how much "SJWs" care about it so as to make it seem like people who are asking others to be civil are nitpicking wimps.

...it's actually an issue?

Not that I want to side with them, but from what I saw it was a pretty dumb thing that seemed needlessly condescending. That said I wouldn't put it pass the right to completely blow it out of proportion.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Oxyclean posted:

Not that I want to side with them, but from what I saw it was a pretty dumb thing that seemed needlessly condescending. That said I wouldn't put it pass the right to completely blow it out of proportion.

I wouldn't say it's an issue, just an annoyance. Which the alt-right likes to deny is an annoyance.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

What? Really? Are you sure about that? I don't think there's a large Jewish population in Montreal.

Confirmed, Wikipedia says he's 100% Ashkenazi ("Shatner" is Anglicized from "Schattner")

and while googling him to verify this I found out he's been complaining about SJWs on Twitter lately which is probably why Garrison decided to do whatever this is

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, Shatner has some repulsive opinions
https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/891852127085109249

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Oxyclean posted:

I thought the manspreading thing was basically

GUY ON BUS OR OTHER FORM OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: *spreads his legs to cover three seats worth of space*

OTHER PASSENGERS: "Hey, some of us would like to sit down there, could you close your legs?"

rear end in a top hat: "Nah brah gotta spread so mah junk can breath, got them big ol' alpha balls nowhumsaiyin"

OTHER PASSENGERS: "Shut the gently caress up and let people sit down you anus cheese."

...At least, I THOUGHT that's all it was. Apparently it's a hill people are dying on, at least according to Garrison.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Absolutely true. Shatner, Nimoy, Koenig, and a significant proportion of the original series writers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Welp take back what I said. Maybe he and Tim Allen can hop on the wingnut welfare train.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Absolutely true. Shatner, Nimoy, Koenig, and a significant proportion of the original series writers.

Huh, holy poo poo, I never knew. About any of them, actually. Just knew Shatner was Quebecois.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Someone please give Kirk a boner, tyvm.

Also, aside from the fact that he isn't trans, this might be one of the least lovely trans related politoons this year. Garrison can't even shock humor right.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Where do you think the famous Montreal Smoked Meat came from?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Arthur Crackpot posted:

GUY ON BUS OR OTHER FORM OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: *spreads his legs to cover three seats worth of space*

OTHER PASSENGERS: "Hey, some of us would like to sit down there, could you close your legs?"

rear end in a top hat: "Nah brah gotta spread so mah junk can breath, got them big ol' alpha balls nowhumsaiyin"

OTHER PASSENGERS: "Shut the gently caress up and let people sit down you anus cheese."

...At least, I THOUGHT that's all it was. Apparently it's a hill people are dying on, at least according to Garrison.

I mean, people are lovely about sharing space on public in all manner of ways, I encounter people with purses and bags on seats, or sitting on the outside seat more then I encounter people spreading their legs wide. Drawing attention to this one thing seems kinda specifically petty in a way that doesn't solve anything and kinda only gives alt-right types fuel?

Granted it probably started off as a fairly innocent complaint/observation that got taken too far by a few people, then blown up by alt-right types looking for something to be outraged about.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Yeah this is what it is. That said, some idiots started snapping pictures of men doing this on almost-empty buses/trains.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Pakled posted:

This one's a doozy.

I wonder how long it took Garrison to blow the cobwebs off of that "MAXIMUM BULLSHIT" lever before tanking it all the way to the ground.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Dork457 posted:

George Takei isn't transgender though :psyduck:

Ben and his ilk prefer to keep their bigotry simplified. Gay=trans, just like Guatemalans, Dominicans, Cubans, and Peruvians are all "Mexican".

NEWS BAD

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Clearly we need to send Everett True to straighten Garrison out.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Funny how which party the president belongs to determines where the credit goes when companies do good at capitalism.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Rall, you're spuriously suing people based on your fictional interaction with the police. You ARE Trump.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Rall, you're spuriously suing people based on your fictional interaction with the police. You ARE Trump.
“No! I must parody the Trumps” he shouted.

The internet said “No, Rall. You are the Trumps.”

And then Rall was a Pepe.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Pakled posted:

This one's a doozy.

ben :words::

quote:

"The Trouble with Trannies"

I’m a big fan of the original ‘Star Trek’ series. I watched them as a kid. There’s an episode that involves the mass propagation of a creature known as a ‘tribble.’ The furry things were gender fluid and could breed at will, and they had a lot of will. Nowadays we see a lot of people who almost consider it an offense to be ‘normal.’ Everyday people are now slurred as being ‘normies.'

The Enterprise went where no man, er person, has gone before. Now people don’t have to go to an alien planet to see weird things. We can find plenty of oddities right here on Earth. ‘Trannies’ seem to be booming. At least, we hear about them daily on the mainstream media who favor them. Barack Obama loved them. He may have even married one.

Since trans-whatevers are considered heroes, they continue to push the envelope. We are told we are haters if we don’t guess the correct pronoun for someone who claims they are able to change their genetic structure by sheer force of will. They don’t need God to assign them their sex. They tell God how it’s going to be. Now they are saying children should choose what sex they’d like to be. Call me old fashioned, but all of this strikes me as a form of insanity. To be sure, I don’t care what people want to be or pretend to be. But to brainwash kids into thinking they’re neither male nor female and they can choose on their own? That’s criminal abuse. Time to push back.

Recently William Shatner has been under attack by SJWs, feminists who hate men and what he calls “snowflakes.” The latter are young people who are also known as, ‘crybullies.’ They invent or imagine micro-aggressions and slights and exaggerate them into major offenses. President Trump faces such outrage from the feminists, SJWS and snowflakes on a daily basis. They flew into a flurry when he decreed that transexuals don’t belong in the military. Do we really need such distractions inflicted upon people who fighting for our country? It’s bad enough they aren’t installing urinals for sailors on new aircraft carriers. They don’t want to offend female sailors or something. What’s next—flying the rainbow flags on ships?

If a person insisted he was Napoleon, he was once sent to an insane asylum. Now he roams free. That’s fine by me, but when politicians drum up hate speech laws and insist I call him Napoleon or be considered a ‘hater,’ that’s where I draw the line. I will not praise these mentally ill people. Neither would Captain Kirk.

— Ben Garrison

edit; jesus loving christ ben

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 2, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

seiferguy posted:

I can't find anything about Takei commenting on Shatner's latest tirade, so it's Garrison lashing out. Everyone knows they don't get along well at all since Shatner is basically the racist homophobic uncle of the Internet whereas Takei is the cool gay uncle.

The most likely reason for Garrison's latest is that George Takei is getting married soon, and he let it be known that Shatner was not going to be invited.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

The latter are young people who are also known as, ‘crybullies.’ They invent or imagine micro-aggressions and slights and exaggerate them into major offenses.
This in the middle of a five-paragraph rant about the fact that trans people exist. :rolleyes:

Also when did Garrison go all Bible-thumper?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

Sex and gender are one and the same.

-Ben Garrison

Dude didn't even mention furries in his rant. Did he seriously label one of the tribbles "furry" because tribbles are covered in fur? :psyduck:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Trogdos! posted:

ben :words::

edit; jesus loving christ ben

m-michelle obama is a trans woman? is that a thing? that can't be a thing, right?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

oh shut the gently caress up varvel

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

m-michelle obama is a trans woman? is that a thing? that can't be a thing, right?

no, Michelle is in shape and a bit defined, muscle wise, and this makes Ben feel uncomfortable because he is a literal limp dick.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's definitely not the first time Garrison has implied it

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How dare they call us "normies" :qq: - Ben

quote:

If a person insisted he was Napoleon, he was once sent to an insane asylum. Now he roams free. That’s fine by me, but when politicians drum up hate speech laws and insist I call him Napoleon or be considered a ‘hater,’ that’s where I draw the line. I will not praise these mentally ill people

Good to see Ben's argument against pronouns reaches the level of "obtuse idiot on reddit"

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Not the first time Ben has made that claim:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

You don't read the freep thread, do you?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol calling people normies is an internet thing well beyond politics

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

calling it - this one is going to be real loving funny in 3-6 years

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tobermory posted:

michelle is infinitely more attractive than melania could ever be

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It showed up on occasion on the wackier of the far-right types in this thread before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tobermory posted:

quote:

This is what Michael, er, Michelle must consider ‘taking the high road.’

https://grrrgraphics.wordpress.com/2017/01/20/the-swearing-in-ceremony

I had to go through a lot of Zyklon's opinions to compile his profile, so I'm not letting it go to waste.

• Locked thread