Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

kcer posted:

Real Madrid aren't backed by an almost infinitely rich state that can and does provide bullshit sponsorship deals to PSG to try to circumvent FFP and whatever other bollocks they're doing with Neymar to get the deal through

it's entirely reasonable for every club in the world to be a bit pissed off

the only difference between RM and oil sheik teams is the oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JailTrump posted:

La Liga say they will not accept the transfer and are suing PSG for breaking fair play rules.

This is going to court Guys.

tbf it is pretty lovely that some clubs have to comply with FFP and others have their state benefactors give a player three hundred million euros to join them

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

blue footed boobie posted:

tbf it is pretty lovely that some clubs have to comply with FFP and others have their state benefactors give a player three hundred million euros to join them

But it's also funny that Barcelona are getting hosed over after all the shady dealings they did to get Neymar in the first place.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think La Liga can block it if they're triggering his release clause. They can bitch though.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Shoren posted:

But it's also funny that Barcelona are getting hosed over after all the shady dealings they did to get Neymar in the first place.

This. If Barca's hands were clean they could easily get PSG hit with a transfer ban for tapping up Neymar, but they are saying they won't report PSG. I wonder why.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

kcer posted:

Real Madrid aren't backed by an almost infinitely rich state that can and does provide bullshit sponsorship deals to PSG to try to circumvent FFP and whatever other bollocks they're doing with Neymar to get the deal through

it's entirely reasonable for every club in the world to be a bit pissed off

Spain has almost 4x the gnp of Qatar :colbert: PSG are practically scrappy underdogs in comparison

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can someone explain international transfer law here?

Spain requires a buyout clause in every contract. this apparently is different from a release clause that is relatively common in that instead of being a transfer offer, it is paid by the player in exchange for release from his contract?

so, is this neymar thing a buyout clause or a release clause? and if it is a buyout, assume he's being given the money by PSG, does that not count as taxable income, and thus double (or something) the amount he needs?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

This is true.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

This. If Barca's hands were clean they could easily get PSG hit with a transfer ban for tapping up Neymar, but they are saying they won't report PSG. I wonder why.

Qatar has its fangs in Barca already sponsoring their kit and flights, it's kinda hard to be spitting your benefactor in the face.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

bewbies posted:

Can someone explain international transfer law here?

Spain requires a buyout clause in every contract. this apparently is different from a release clause that is relatively common in that instead of being a transfer offer, it is paid by the player in exchange for release from his contract?

so, is this neymar thing a buyout clause or a release clause? and if it is a buyout, assume he's being given the money by PSG, does that not count as taxable income, and thus double (or something) the amount he needs?

Qatar is fronting the money to Neymar on the pretense of making him an "ambassador" for the World Cup . He'll get taxed, but Qatar is giving him more than the release clause, and I assume he'll get as much as the release clause or more after taxes are taken out.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Messi said goodbye to Neymar. We can almost bold the transfer.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXSt62SFYWj/

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Qatar is fronting the money to Neymar on the pretense of making him an "ambassador" for the World Cup . He'll get taxed, but Qatar is giving him more than the release clause, and I assume he'll get as much as the release clause or more after taxes are taken out.

Actually the contract is signed in Qatar so it'll be tax free.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

bewbies posted:

the only difference between RM and oil sheik teams is the oil

Also the Sheikh is alive, and Franco is dead

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I hope Barcelona and PSG are disbanded after this and Neymar has to go play in MLS for Minnesota or some other horrible shithole.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Actually the contract is signed in Qatar so it'll be tax free.

I think this is probably what I was wondering about.

"we bought this pencil from neymar for 300 million, what of it"

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

I hope Barcelona and PSG are disbanded after this and Neymar has to go play in MLS for Minnesota or some other horrible shithole.

I hope the Middle East is carpet bombed until it resembles a pitted german face from space and as a result all these lovely teams lose all their money haha

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
lol going to court is more vultures just trying to get their beaks wet

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Healbot posted:

Qatar has its fangs in Barca already sponsoring their kit and flights, it's kinda hard to be spitting your benefactor in the face.

Rakuten.com is their new kit sponsor at like 50m per year.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Where are all the Barca fans spouting off about "Big 'Mar" now? Oh wait, they've been gone for a year, ever since Ronaldo won the Euros and another Ballon d'Or. They've all run off like little bitches, very sad. Except El Hefe, who got raped and kill by the gangs in Venezuela, Rest in peace friend, at least until the beggars dig up your corpse to steal your clothes.

I already unfollowed him on Insta last month so whatever

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Where are all the Barca fans spouting off about "Big 'Mar" now? Oh wait, they've been gone for a year, ever since Ronaldo won the Euros and another Ballon d'Or. They've all run off like little bitches, very sad. Except El Hefe, who got raped and kill by the gangs in Venezuela, Rest in peace friend, at least until the beggars dig up your corpse to steal your clothes.

This is hosed up, El Hefe went out in a blaze of glory, lobbing shoddy home-made grenades from a helicopter at the Venezuelan supreme court.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

shut up blegum posted:

Messi said goodbye to Neymar. We can almost bold the transfer.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXSt62SFYWj/

Nice video :(

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

BWV posted:

I already unfollowed him on Insta last month so whatever

How dare you wipe out El Hefe's memory from your life like that.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

bewbies posted:

I think this is probably what I was wondering about.

"we bought this pencil from neymar for 300 million, what of it"

the contract is to be a WC 2022 ambassador ostensibly but he'll just conveniently pay the buyout

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Seems like the fault lies with Spain for having dumb contract rules.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is El Hefe really dead

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Is El Hefe really dead

I mean, possibly.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Vegetable posted:

Is El Hefe really dead

hopefully

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El Hefe was too good for this forum. If he's not dead already then the posting in here will surely slay him.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

El Hefe was inside the chopper and is now in jail rip

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hefe became one with the Force after Hamilton lost to Rosberg. When Corbyn looks to the sky at night he sees Marx, Chavez, El Hefe.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Now do that Shankly image but with Gom and El Hefe looking down on GG and PirateBob

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

It's not a release clause though, it's a buy-out of his current contract. The player has to deposit the money to La Liga iirc. Buy-outs were pretty unrealistically until recently tho because the money paid from a club to a player was seen as personal income and taxed at around 40%. A new ruling in October 2016 changed this and I think that's probably why Neymars buyout is "only" €222m as a club would have had to fork out like €320m to Neymar to account for the additional taxes.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I'm El Hefe, hi, AMA.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Just to get back to actual transfer news. Lazio have signed Felipe Caicedo for some unknown reason.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

mackintosh posted:

You could probably buy the entire Ekstraklasa, both clubs and their players, for one Neymar.

True, but there are probably cheaper ways to get your bathroom re-tiled

Shroud
May 11, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

True, but there are probably cheaper ways to get your bathroom re-tiled

Liga MX?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MrBling posted:

Just to get back to actual transfer news. Lazio have signed Felipe Caicedo for some unknown reason.

This was some good administrative fuckery:

http://www.football-italia.net/107072/lazio-sign-caicedo-milan-help

quote:

There are limits on the number of non-EU players that Serie A sides are able to sign and one has to be sold abroad before he can open up that spot for a newcomer.

However, the rules are slightly different for non-EU players who move between Serie A sides.

Lazio therefore got around the issue by this morning signing Lo Ameth for free from Milan.

Within hours, they had sold him on to Naxxar Lions FC, a club in Malta, therefore creating a non-EU player spot.

This is why the Aquile were able to register Caicedo as a non-EU player when he arrived from Espanyol.

Obviously this means we get Keita Balde in return.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
2017: the year football died (for real this time)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
If I were Barcelona I would just take the 222 million freaking Euros. Neymar isn't very good anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
And buy a cuntinho with enough leftover for a beller-end.

• Locked thread