Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Shitenshi posted:

I wonder if they're going to make a separate Season 3 OP, since that first one made out Toffee-Ludo to be a regular villain, but now they're both gone beyond a doubt, and the focus seems like it's going to be on Eclipsa as the main antagonist. Not to mention the wand is back together.

Yeah, it's weird that they went through the trouble of creating an entirely new opening, only for it to become immediately outdated within a handful of episodes. I'd like to think that they'll at least update the logo at the end to reflect the reforged wand, but it's hard to say what, if anything, they'll end up doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It's not that weird though. Adventure Time made a whole genderflipped intro for their Fionna and Cake episodes, Gravity Falls made a new one for their finale. I'd compare Star's to the GF example since they're both intros for special events.

Of course, this is all assuming that they have yet another new intro coming up.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

TwoPair posted:

It's not that weird though. Adventure Time made a whole genderflipped intro for their Fionna and Cake episodes, Gravity Falls made a new one for their finale. I'd compare Star's to the GF example since they're both intros for special events.

Of course, this is all assuming that they have yet another new intro coming up.

Well, the big difference from those examples is that those intros were both focused around their one-off theme, whereas only the brief Ludo sequence in the new intro has anything to do with the Battle for Mewni. But, looking the intro back over, it is possible the shot of Ludo was meant to be temporary-the sequence jumps from Star and Marco in the crystal dimension, to Ludo hanging out in front of the moon, and then back to Star and Marco amidst the crystals. It's a bit of a weird sequence break, and I could easily believe that once the episodes begin airing again in November that they'll transition to a shot of Eclipsa instead of Ludo, in addition to an updated logo.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Well, the big difference from those examples is that those intros were both focused around their one-off theme, whereas only the brief Ludo sequence in the new intro has anything to do with the Battle for Mewni. But, looking the intro back over, it is possible the shot of Ludo was meant to be temporary-the sequence jumps from Star and Marco in the crystal dimension, to Ludo hanging out in front of the moon, and then back to Star and Marco amidst the crystals. It's a bit of a weird sequence break, and I could easily believe that once the episodes begin airing again in November that they'll transition to a shot of Eclipsa instead of Ludo, in addition to an updated logo.

It's also good trolling if you think about it. All that fuss over the leak of the new intro among the fans and it turns out the intro (at least this version of it) was only for the first four episodes...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
When does the rest of the season start anyway? I want more.

VVV Thanks. It always feels weird seeing our shared avatar. :)

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 22, 2017

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

cant cook creole bream posted:

When does the rest of the season start anyway? I want more.

I heard November.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wait... no Jackie?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
*poke poke poke*

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

There's a lot of directions they could take Eclipsa and none of them would be disappointing.

Also in other news apparently there's gonna be a new version of the guidebook that's coming out, but chances are that it'll probably be the exact same as the existing version but with an extra sticker sheet or something, so as far as exciting news goes it's a bit of a wash.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wonder what Moon thinks of Mina Loveberry. Possibly relieved that Star considers her a nutcase rather than a role model now.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think she was always a bit of a nutcase.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
A recording of the SDCC panel has found its way into the wild, with surprisingly good video and audio quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYEGsbV0nZ0

Highlights include a brief table read of the reunion scene from Toffee and some loving around with fan theories.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Mraagvpeine posted:

I heard November.

I've just watched the movie and was excited to wait a week for the next episode, too. :argh:

Movie was great, I love almost all of it, but what I love the most is Toffee post regeneration. He's just...walked away. After defeating Moon and Marco, sure, but he just walked away, as if he's gonna look for a coffee shop. What a monster, what a general.

I prefer the previous ending theme to this one though. Not because the music is bad, but because I'm expecting some movement in my ending.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Theorycrafting: Toffee and the Prophecy

There's been this theory buzzing through my head for a while now, and I think I've brought together enough pieces to create a picture. Absolutely zero of this could be true, but I figure it holds together fairly well and it's interesting enough to share.

So here's the central theory: during his decades of research, Toffee happened across a prophecy that foretold great destruction and involved Star and Marco. This prophecy hinges on Mewman magic existing, so Toffee decided to get rid of it and avoid the destruction entirely. Mind you he also wanted revenge for his humiliation and to get his finger so he could reform his body once he had corrupted all Mewman magic, so he wasn't some misunderstood good guy this whole time. He simply had some additional motives that help explain some otherwise unexplained moments.

Point 1: The strange room in St. Olga's

On the ceiling there's a skylight which appears to be a portal through which a bunch of flying demon-monsters are pouring forth. These look like no Mewman monsters we've seen, and Tom's people have no wings. Plus many have three eyes and don't need wings to fly. Therefore, this is an as-yet unknown invading force.

Opposing the mural on the ceiling is a crescent moon that surrounds a star and a sun. Star and Marco, united by the Blood Moon? Marco isn't much of a sun at the moment, but that could change. There are also symbols in the surrounding border, possibly representing their friends and allies.

Point 2: "You're a disappointment." "Yeah? Well, you're boring."

Toffee seems to expect more from the kid the other monsters only know as "Karate Boy." His stoic facade even cracks for a second when Marco calls him boring. Coming from Star's unusually competent but otherwise ordinary friend, those words would be meaningless, but coming from a person Toffee knows is a Chosen One those words would carry some weight. On top of that, he spares Marco's life even though we know for a fact that honor means absolutely nothing to him. Could Toffee have spared Marco because the boy would be needed for the prophecy if his own plan didn't pan out?

Point 3: "Okay, so my hand says I can't destroy you, so I have to put you in the dungeon."

If Toffee is playing it safe by not killing Marco, this would also explain why he spares Star during "Toffee." I assumed he wanted to keep her alive for the sake of ransom, but he could have possessed Ludo, overpowered the now-helpless queen, and taken his finger by force instead. He also didn't finish Star off when she is completely in his power in the Source. If he doesn't care so much about getting her out (assuming he even knew how), it would be because he thinks at that point that he had won and averted the prophecy all at once.

Point 4: "You think you've won? Ha! You don't make the plans! I do! Me! Only I know how this all turns out!"

It seems like Toffee is referring to himself and his own plans here, but what if he's not, or at least his first and last sentences aren't? What if he's talking about the prophecy and the coming destruction? And what if the protagonists will have to resurrect Toffee to find out what that prophecy says?

Again, these are just some thoughts I wanted to share since it means I get to be smug if it turns out I'm right later. But if I'm not, it'll just be one more for the pile of off-base speculations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I think it's definitely possible there might very well be prophecy shenanigans going around in the background, given the weird room at Saint Olga's that you pointed out and the card suites in the Grandma Room from Into the Wand. Honestly though, I kinda hope there isn't, since it's pretty rare that prophecy plots are actually done well, and I also feel it would take away from the show's encouragement of going against the grain and breaking out from traditionally established behaviors and roles.

With that said, there's definitely a lot to consider about the room from St. O's. One big thing I'm surprised you didn't notice is that the room is encircled with busts of crocodile heads, which could definitely tie in to a connection with Toffee or the Septarians in general (Gotta wonder if Rasticore is just a hired merc or if he has a longer history with Heinous). Another connection I thought of a while ago as well is that, rather than the floor tiling being a reference to the Blood Moon, it's actually an eclipse-and when you factor in that the demons in the roof mural also bear a potential resemblance to Eclipsa's monster husband, I think there's definitely a solid argument to be made that there's a connection of some kind between St. Olga's (The building at least) and Eclipsa.

toanoradian posted:

I've just watched the movie and was excited to wait a week for the next episode, too. :argh:

Movie was great, I love almost all of it, but what I love the most is Toffee post regeneration. He's just...walked away. After defeating Moon and Marco, sure, but he just walked away, as if he's gonna look for a coffee shop. What a monster, what a general.

I prefer the previous ending theme to this one though. Not because the music is bad, but because I'm expecting some movement in my ending.

Yeah, the new ending is neat. but I think the original Season 1/2 intro and ending were definitely superior from a pure animation standpoint.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
On another note, this show has a lot of cool fanart so feel free to post stuff you find while we suffer through the hiatus

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

I rescind my rescindtion

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 28, 2017

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think it's definitely possible there might very well be prophecy shenanigans going around in the background, given the weird room at Saint Olga's that you pointed out and the card suites in the Grandma Room from Into the Wand. Honestly though, I kinda hope there isn't, since it's pretty rare that prophecy plots are actually done well, and I also feel it would take away from the show's encouragement of going against the grain and breaking out from traditionally established behaviors and roles.

With that said, there's definitely a lot to consider about the room from St. O's. One big thing I'm surprised you didn't notice is that the room is encircled with busts of crocodile heads, which could definitely tie in to a connection with Toffee or the Septarians in general (Gotta wonder if Rasticore is just a hired merc or if he has a longer history with Heinous). Another connection I thought of a while ago as well is that, rather than the floor tiling being a reference to the Blood Moon, it's actually an eclipse-and when you factor in that the demons in the roof mural also bear a potential resemblance to Eclipsa's monster husband, I think there's definitely a solid argument to be made that there's a connection of some kind between St. Olga's (The building at least) and Eclipsa.

Half the busts have bat wings, and they're sufficiently similar to the creature with the long snout that I'm not sure they represent a third party. Plus the way the arches meet at the heads suggest horns. As for Eclipsa, the traditional symbol for an eclipse would be a circle within a circle rather than a crescent, plus her monster husband doesn't really resemble the mural creatures: he has four eyes, no wings, small horns, no tail, and a much heavier build. If he's even still around, it's not likely at all that he's connected to the invaders.

As for prophecies, my personal favorite approach is when they're treated as recipes you can follow to get a result rather than visions of an inevitable future. Gravity Falls took that approach when Stanford tried and failed to create that magic circle to stop Bill Cypher. That may be the approach that's in play here if a guy as smart as Toffee thought he could avoid the prophecy entirely by removing a key ingredient.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

I immediately regret everything

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Theorycrafting: Toffee and the Prophecy

There's been this theory buzzing through my head for a while now, and I think I've brought together enough pieces to create a picture. Absolutely zero of this could be true, but I figure it holds together fairly well and it's interesting enough to share.

So here's the central theory: during his decades of research, Toffee happened across a prophecy that foretold great destruction and involved Star and Marco. This prophecy hinges on Mewman magic existing, so Toffee decided to get rid of it and avoid the destruction entirely. Mind you he also wanted revenge for his humiliation and to get his finger so he could reform his body once he had corrupted all Mewman magic, so he wasn't some misunderstood good guy this whole time. He simply had some additional motives that help explain some otherwise unexplained moments.

Point 1: The strange room in St. Olga's

On the ceiling there's a skylight which appears to be a portal through which a bunch of flying demon-monsters are pouring forth. These look like no Mewman monsters we've seen, and Tom's people have no wings. Plus many have three eyes and don't need wings to fly. Therefore, this is an as-yet unknown invading force.

Opposing the mural on the ceiling is a crescent moon that surrounds a star and a sun. Star and Marco, united by the Blood Moon? Marco isn't much of a sun at the moment, but that could change. There are also symbols in the surrounding border, possibly representing their friends and allies.

Point 2: "You're a disappointment." "Yeah? Well, you're boring."

Toffee seems to expect more from the kid the other monsters only know as "Karate Boy." His stoic facade even cracks for a second when Marco calls him boring. Coming from Star's unusually competent but otherwise ordinary friend, those words would be meaningless, but coming from a person Toffee knows is a Chosen One those words would carry some weight. On top of that, he spares Marco's life even though we know for a fact that honor means absolutely nothing to him. Could Toffee have spared Marco because the boy would be needed for the prophecy if his own plan didn't pan out?

Point 3: "Okay, so my hand says I can't destroy you, so I have to put you in the dungeon."

If Toffee is playing it safe by not killing Marco, this would also explain why he spares Star during "Toffee." I assumed he wanted to keep her alive for the sake of ransom, but he could have possessed Ludo, overpowered the now-helpless queen, and taken his finger by force instead. He also didn't finish Star off when she is completely in his power in the Source. If he doesn't care so much about getting her out (assuming he even knew how), it would be because he thinks at that point that he had won and averted the prophecy all at once.

Point 4: "You think you've won? Ha! You don't make the plans! I do! Me! Only I know how this all turns out!"

It seems like Toffee is referring to himself and his own plans here, but what if he's not, or at least his first and last sentences aren't? What if he's talking about the prophecy and the coming destruction? And what if the protagonists will have to resurrect Toffee to find out what that prophecy says?

Again, these are just some thoughts I wanted to share since it means I get to be smug if it turns out I'm right later. But if I'm not, it'll just be one more for the pile of off-base speculations.

I live for poo poo like this. I love these kinds of theorycrafting posts when it comes to Steven Universe, loved it with Gravity Falls, I love it with this show.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gravity Falls was basically built around 'Give all the crazy theorycrafters, code-crackers and Quizboys something actually meaningful to work towards' and did pretty well with it, Star Vs might as well do something similar.

Given the major and only competent villain so far has been liquidated, probably about time to work towards some new antagonists. Toffee is, like Ludo, born primarily out of the Mewman/Monster conflict which has very personal stakes for all involved, and likely an issue Star is going to spend her life trying to reconcile, but the show's clearly shown there's all kind of weird poo poo out there, and the Butterfly family wand is the kind of power that attracts weird poo poo.

I thought that Eclipsa's lover might be the same species as Tom, but then four eyes, not three... Trigon? (Oh my god is she Raven's stepmother?)

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
My off-base speculation is that Jackie is a creature of the sea and in the end her skating skills will prove beneficial for the team. She will then shown skating to the 'Team Up Scene' in the intro for Season 4.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Jackie will learn telepathy and then use it to rescue Father Time from a predicament.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
No narwhals, 0/10

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I think Glossaryck would make a much better body pillow. He spends like half the show lounging suggestively in his bathrobe :heysexy:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Trying to get some friends into this, thinking I need to skip ahead a bit since the first few eps are rough. Was gonna get them to from the first two to 7-8 (Cheer Up, Star and Quest Buy) but open to other suggestions.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

School spirit is a fun ep and matchmaker explains why the teacher's a troll

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cartoons were a mistake.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

If they don't have a scene of Tom/Star Fangirl with something like that...

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Inescapable Duck posted:

Trying to get some friends into this, thinking I need to skip ahead a bit since the first few eps are rough. Was gonna get them to from the first two to 7-8 (Cheer Up, Star and Quest Buy) but open to other suggestions.

If you're looking to hook someone, my recommendation would be one or a mixture of Mewberty, Blood Moon Ball, and Mewnipendence Day. Each one is a good showcase of the show's strengths (Ludicrous sci-fi/fantasy shenanigans, the nuanced relationship between Star and Marco, and Toffee/deeper lore and continuity), and are good standalone eps. And then, once they're hooked, you can always go back to the earlier episodes and roll on from there.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Moon... River.
I don't think I even noticed this until season two.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Say Nothing posted:

Moon... River.

To be fair I don't think they both got names until Season 2.

edit: season 3 spoilers:

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 30, 2017

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Acebuckeye13 posted:

To be fair I don't think they both got names until Season 2.

River's was first stated in the season 1 finale, but yeah that's pretty close to season 2

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Say Nothing posted:

Moon... River.

I kinda like how his upper body is about 8 times as wide as hers. Those proportions are so different, but the artstyle blends it together so much that you barely notice.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
One of the neat things about the show is that the crew is incredibly open about answering questions and sharing behind-the-scenes material for episodes that have aired. Since there's not much else going on at the moment, I figured I'd dig up some of the cooler background stuff that's gotten shared over the past couple weeks:

"Michelle Park" posted:

keys and bgs from Battle for Mewni! :) Hope everyone liked it! + end credit works!

Created by Daron Nefcy, Art direction by Israel Sanchez, Paint supervised by me (yay!), and special thanks to paint team Drake Brodahl, Kari Casady, Alexander Duckworth. Also the amazing layout team, Maryam Sefati, Sun Jae Lee,Alex Chechik, and Kayla Jones!

"Zach Marcus" posted:

Here is some stuff i did for part 1 of Toffee (slightly abridged).
The revisionist history paintings were something I wanted to do to really push the distorted view of the world Ludo has, they’re not propaganda to him they are absolutely true. He sees himself as a savior and rightful ruler.
But Ludo is nuts, so of course he kills a choir of children after they sing his praises.

"Sabrina Cotugno" posted:

Some shots I boarded for The Battle of Mewni: Toffee!

1) Star’s wand design wasn’t finalized until after boards.

2) Star’s transformation sequence was half Sailor Moon Crystal (the later seasons, after they stopped using the weird CG models) and half Digimon. Basically everything I do is half Digimon??

3) Since we don’t get much time with poor Toffee, I wanted to at least give him a nice big send off. By which I mean brutally murdering him, including several juicy close-up shots to show the flesh ripping off his body.

4) Those close-ups originally looked fleshier–you could see the skeleton coming apart underneath the skin. I toned it down, but you can still kinda see his skeleton in the final shot there.

"Ariel VH" posted:

……..I’m sorry,,,,,,,,I’ve literally started a count of all the times I’ve had to draw a character crying in season 3 and it’s been A LOT so far. But that’s boring- LET’S TALK GOO.

Working with this goo was such a pain in the NECK for everyone involved- there were several goo related meetings with our design team, and since this was my section to revise I had to animate and figure out a lot of the goo poses. It needed to feel heavier and water and just seem…sticky. And yes, we absolutely referenced Hexxus from Ferngully as well as The Greedy from the Raggedy Ann movie.

Brian H. Kim has also been releasing numerous music tracks from the special:

"Behold Queen Moon" posted:

From Star vs. the Forces of Evil - The Battle for Mewni (Moon the Undaunted).

Guys, lesson here: don’t cross Queen Moon.

"Star is a Dipper" posted:

From Star vs. the Forces of Evil - The Battle for Mewni (Toffee).

I like this scene for its subtle references.

The music is pretty subtle too.

/s

"Toffee Returns/The Last Magic" posted:

Spoiler: Moon, Marco, and Buff Frog have just been told that Star is dead. They have no reason to believe Toffee is wrong. So, for Moon, the individual responsible for killing her mom just killed her daughter too. And then she and Marco basically try to MURDER TOFFEE.

The tune starts out like Moon’s theme from previous episodes, but there was something about her theme that wasn’t sitting right in the scene, so after the first six notes I abandon it and start doing this major/minor back and forth thing. Moon is both the angriest and saddest she has ever been, so it felt right to have the music waver.

And then we jump to Star, who actually seems to be in a life or death situation, and makes one last attempt to save the last bit of magic, maybe in all of Mewni. And it apparently doesn’t turn out so great. Again, the melody after she dives starts out like Star’s theme, but it changes to something more dangerous at the end.

"Moon vs. The Lizard" posted:

From Star vs. the Forces of Evil - The Battle for Mewni (Moon the Undaunted).

FINALLY Moon’s backstory. Toffee’s big entrance in his functionally useless but super sexy mesh top. And Moon diving into some dark magic, with Eclipsa’s help, thus making a deal that may come back to bite her decades later.

It was really important in this cue to make clear that this spell Moon is casting, even though it seems necessary and brave at the time, is probably a really bad idea. So the music isn’t particularly heroic or magical, like most magic cues in the show. Even when she succeeds (more or less?), it’s still kinda “oh sh-t.”

"Joke is On Me" posted:

From Star vs. the Forces of Evil - The Battle for Mewni (Book Be Gone).

I think one of my favorite, but oft overlooked, revelations of the last season up through now is just how sad Ludo’s life has been. His whole adult life has been defined by a desire for acceptance and power; no one likes him, his family treated him like dirt, and now he’s not even in control of his own perceived success.

So this cue isn’t just sad because of Glossaryck’s circumstances (the melody at the end is a reference to Gloss’s “maybe this is what you need” speech to Star last season), but also because of all the crap in Ludo’s life that has led up to this terrible point.

And finally, Aaron Hammersly posted an animated storyboard from Toffee's rebirth scene:

"Aaron Hammersly" posted:

Here’s a scene storyboarded on the “Toffee” episode. We went full on “horror” for Toffee’s rebirth (or whatever you want to call it). Then we transition to total devastation. I decided to add the scars on moon’s arms just as she attacked toffee to amplify the depths of moons despair as well as her growing rage. It also made sense to me to have moon try to cast her darkest spell on Toffee, aiming the wand directly at his heart this time. I’m sure at this point she regretted not killing him when she first had the chance.

As far as Marco goes, who wouldn’t want to punch a hole through Toffee’s chest? He’s a best friend killer! Screw that Toffee guy.

I should mention that there are a couple of Sabrina Cotugno’s original panels in this scene as well. http://arythusa.tumblr.com/ She is quite a talent.

Lemme know if you guys want me to dig up anything else, not like there's much else to talk about until the new episodes start rolling out :v:

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 2, 2017

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Brian H. Kim has also been releasing numerous music tracks from the special:

You missed one.

Thought We'd Never See Each Other posted:

The hug heard ‘round the world.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I've had another couple of thoughts.

So I didn't know what to call these things before, but then I realized the show has already used a word that would be perfect for them.

Gargoyle. Star mistakes Willowby for a gargoyle when she sees her head, and this causes her to flinch. She later asks Mina if they'd be battling gargoyles or demons as if either one would be an obvious choice.

What if Marco isn't the sun in this mural? What if the Blood Moon dance really was "meant" for Tom? With his control over fire, he would make a much more appropriate sun than Marco. Star also says "Since we're both royalty, there's sorta this pressure for us to be together" in Tom's section of the guidebook. What if that pressure comes from more than just keeping the bloodlines pure? What if Toffee isn't, as he believes, the only being to know about this prophecy?

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 6, 2017