Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Party Plane Jones posted:

Unmarked change to the 2x scope:

This would be a lot more clear if it was pointed at the same wall.

Sights lowered, FOV adjusted?

e: Reticle larger and thinner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

You can mute the game with ctrl+m in the patch. So no more plane sound and gunsound before the game starts.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Larger and less bloom so you can actually aim it without it completely obscuring the target. I used it to get my 1st person win today and it was good.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

GaussianCopula posted:

You can use voice coms to tell people you killed in close quarter combat "rest in peace, brother".

I have actually had people I've killed be like "nice job, how'd you get me?" and then I'll tell them and they'll be like "aw man, well played. Good luck!"

It's pretty :unsmith:

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Tactical hotpants. If they add a FAL or a G3 as weapons I can live out my Rhodesian Bush War fantasies.

Ah yes then I can hunt berries as if in a proper bush war.

I wish ethereum miners hadn't hosed up the price of video cards. I'd have happily dropped $500 on a 1080 but no way now that they're $800+.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Ah yes then I can hunt berries as if in a proper bush war.

I wish ethereum miners hadn't hosed up the price of video cards. I'd have happily dropped $500 on a 1080 but no way now that they're $800+.

1080 prices haven't been affected by miners actually. it's not as good for mining as the 1060 or 1070 apparently.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I wouldn't buy a new graphics card now that Volta's coming in Q3 or Q4 this year.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

GaussianCopula posted:

Yes, please handicap teams with fill-ins further against teams that use 3rd party voice like Discord. Great game design.
Yeah, this is why I said it's impossible to actually do it in a game like this. It'd be a really cool feature if it weren't so easy to cheat and work around but thus is life.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah, this is why I said it's impossible to actually do it in a game like this. It'd be a really cool feature if it weren't so easy to cheat and work around but thus is life.

In game walkie talkies is much better fit for DayZ roleplay servers

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I wouldn't buy a new graphics card now that Volta's coming in Q3 or Q4 this year.

6-8 months is a lot of time to enjoy a shiny new graphics card. Unless new product launch is confirmed and like a month away, why bother waiting. Life is too short to not enjoy those sweet sweet pixels.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Unmarked change to the 2x scope:

Is the right side version wider, or is that an FOV thing?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

fletcher posted:

why bother waiting

As ShadowMar mentioned before, GPU prices are artificially inflated right now so he might as well wait for a new generation since the current one's over a year old.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

fletcher posted:

In game walkie talkies is much better fit for DayZ roleplay servers
Even without an actual limited-range item, letting your opponents hear you speaking/yelling seems "fair" in some sense. I'm sure hearing other folks' voice comms would be occasionally hilarious as well - their panic is part of your reward for getting a kill.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Stayed up all night compiling footage on the test server, and made this video showing most of the big changes for the new patch. It was impossible for me to get a Mk14 to test out though, as every crate I went for was contested by 10+ people and a lot of them were teaming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcaNypyGyB4

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

I have actually had people I've killed be like "nice job, how'd you get me?" and then I'll tell them and they'll be like "aw man, well played. Good luck!"

It's pretty :unsmith:

I don't even know what the key bind is to talk in voice chat in game. I should probably go through and find it at some point but I haven't needed to talk to anyone bad enough to look for it.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Cage Kicker posted:

If you aren't using 3rd party voice by now in TYOOL 2017 then I don't know what to tell you

Agreed but we're getting to the point where there's just so much. TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Mumble, Skype, and 5+ Discord servers now exist among the people I play with. I'm waiting for someone to just say 'hey we're on a conference call dial in.'

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If you aren't chasing dudes down the instant you land, often with just your fists, while they run away screaming for help on open comms... the gently caress are you even playing for??

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Stayed up all night compiling footage on the test server, and made this video showing most of the big changes for the new patch. It was impossible for me to get a Mk14 to test out though, as every crate I went for was contested by 10+ people and a lot of them were teaming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcaNypyGyB4

This is a cool and good video! Thank you :)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

Agreed but we're getting to the point where there's just so much. TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Mumble, Skype, and 5+ Discord servers now exist among the people I play with. I'm waiting for someone to just say 'hey we're on a conference call dial in.'

90% of the games I've played is discord voice with the other 10% being mumble and TS. I haven't heard anyone say they're on Skype except as a meme and I think people forget that ventrilo exists

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

ChickenWing posted:

pubbies can get hosed imo

How will they know to get hosed if you can't tell them that???

Use Discord but never turn off in game chat. Never.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
SOS uses walkie talkies and it owns but that's just because you team up with randoms.

Would be neat if this game had random only teams mode with walkies but that would be a ton of work for a probably niche mode.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I'm really disappointed that the painkiller animation doesn't involve slamming them straight out of the bottle.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I still don't know how I lost this fight. I knew a guy was up on the hill, I was hidden and shot first when engaging the guy on ground, yet he destroyed me.

So far I am loving first person, and I haven't noticed anyone camping more than in third person in the 6 or so games I played so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt0OnwNf9gw

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
First person only mode would be cool if it didn't control like rear end and feel like they strapped a GoPro to the front of the player model's face. I've never been motion sick in my life until I played that mode.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
FYI, if you honk near someone that is streaming you're obviously a stream sniper according to them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mic should be open when you're near peeps. the best part of the failed cops n robbers mmo apb was being a cop and using less than lethal weapons to disable someone and hearing them bitch on their mic as your handcuffed them. one of my first games of pubg i disabled someone with a shotgun and as they crawled around they screamed MERCY MERCY and i just went "no." and ended em.

that fov is hosed.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

DrGreatJob posted:

First person only mode would be cool if it didn't control like rear end and feel like they strapped a GoPro to the front of the player model's face. I've never been motion sick in my life until I played that mode.

Did you mess with the fov at all? Bad fov is usually what causes that.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of streamers I watched about 30 minutes of summit1g and that guy is terrible both at playing and being a good host. Why does anyone watch.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's my thinking tuning into any top stream apart from drdisrespect. the top hearthstone streamer is an ugly guy with a bad voice and no personality. the logic of the twitch horde escapes me.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Groovelord Neato posted:

that fov is hosed.

I play on a 21:9 monitor, and have the fov set to 103.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
The real question is, why are your character's eyes in their chest?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
PUBG characters are actually just very short, the scale of the game is really weird.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm confused here. Let's say there's some cutoff that is "too loud" that's unhealthy to hear repeatedly. Having your volume set such that the plane, the loudest thing in the game, is under this volume means that everything else is going to be *well* under this volume. Instead, you can turn your volume up such that something else is just under this volume, and mute the plane. Now you hear guys that you would not have heard had your volume been lower. How is that not an improvement? I think the plane is a poor choice of things to calibrate around.

The game is aiming for some realism here, its not all that complicated. In real life some noises are much louder than others. Yes you can mute stuff but thats like turning the brightness all the way up in Doom because its "too dark". Its meant to be that way.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is the new patch out just on the test server? Any idea when it'll release to the main server?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

ChesterJT posted:

The game is aiming for some realism here, its not all that complicated. In real life some noises are much louder than others. Yes you can mute stuff but thats like turning the brightness all the way up in Doom because its "too dark". Its meant to be that way.

footsteps are everything in this game. So if you can put the volume high on that, and mute the louder sustained sounds when needed why not do it? The shortcut makes is super simple to do on the fly.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Popete posted:

Is the new patch out just on the test server? Any idea when it'll release to the main server?

Should be Thursday, so tomorrow if everything goes well I believe.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

fknlo posted:

FYI, if you honk near someone that is streaming you're obviously a stream sniper according to them.

I wish I was good enough to get matched with these dinguses

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
im glad im not the only one who first person makes nauseous. the characters don't move very naturally it seems, I don't get that seem feeling at all playing CSGO.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hmmmm. Game has some problems

http://plays.tv/video/598249764d57785ebe/laaaaaaggggggg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Piss de Bundy posted:

im glad im not the only one who first person makes nauseous. the characters don't move very naturally it seems, I don't get that seem feeling at all playing CSGO.

I am sort of surprised at how strange the movement feels in this game. Interacting with objects and jumping just feel glitchy.

• Locked thread