Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Vasudus posted:

I'm gonna try it on my Blight character that I'm running this league.

Deaths Oath + Blight. Might use DA CRANK. Occultist w/ beacon of ruin and dual curse.

My hipster build idea for hardcore is also a Blight build, I think almost 300k DPS is pretty drat good for how tanky I managed to make this:

https://pastebin.com/YTYzB2XL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I downloaded the beta on xbone and picked the archer chick cuz I heard she's gay.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

beaner69 posted:

I downloaded the beta on xbone and picked the archer chick cuz I heard she's gay.

Good call.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

beaner69 posted:

"Your love for a MAN did this to you!"

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

"Herald of Ash's secondary effect no longer ignites. Instead, enemies near slain enemies are burned based on the overkill damage. The description on Herald of Ash has been updated to properly reflect what it does." Does this mean the new Ignite Prolif gem won't work with HoA? Also how does the Ruthless support gem interact with Multistrike?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Shrapnel shot slayer probably play around with chin sol

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

moush posted:

You can already p2w through third party sites.

heck there's already at least one goon who brags about doing it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

soscannonballs posted:

"Herald of Ash's secondary effect no longer ignites. Instead, enemies near slain enemies are burned based on the overkill damage. The description on Herald of Ash has been updated to properly reflect what it does." Does this mean the new Ignite Prolif gem won't work with HoA?

Correct

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
So I'm guessing SRS is the only summoning build that doesn't require a king's ransom of gear to be viable?

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

e: not interested anymore

e: also let your boy get a guild invite. character name is BootyRockinEverywhere

Social Media fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 2, 2017

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Can I have a guild invite for Throqur

Thanks!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

I dont remember the exact changs, but Kild was very unhappy about his build so maybe he can fill in.

I didn't account for some things like losing DW bonus and some options in PoB. Still I couldn't get much more than like 350-400k DPS as a Zerker with non god-tier gear (like 5-6 perf prop gloves/rings)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Social Media posted:

e: also let your boy get a guild invite. character name is BootyRockinEverywhere

peak debt posted:

Can I have a guild invite for Throqur

Thanks!

sent

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm really hoping a self cast wither CwC dark pact is viable with stacking tons of life and regen at the expense of any offensive stats on the tree. Not sure if I wanna try it as Juggernaut or Occultist though

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Quixzlizx posted:

So I'm guessing SRS is the only summoning build that doesn't require a king's ransom of gear to be viable?

If by viable you mean being able to blitz Shaped Strands in under a few minutes, then probably. Zombos and specters doesn't really need anything special to be viable if you're wanting or okay with a more chill and slower playstyle.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Spectres can clear pretty well. You just need a good mob like those sentinels+chain.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Golems are also quite viable, but require more expensive uniques to make them destroy content.

Zizaran has his 3.0 guide out, have not watched it yet as its 43 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPVJIn98B4

And while RF totems tooks some big hits, according to Milky it sint dead, you just need to be more active and zerker has more upsides than chief for now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6r2s2u/rf_totem_nerf_with_numbers/?st=j5vgu740&sh=6bccc767

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i ran milkys rf totems back in I think perandus and it was super good then.

rf has been buffed since then, then nerfed in 3.0, and according to milky its more powerful than it used to be

rf totems is definitely still great, without the nerf it might have been pretty insane.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

whydirt posted:

If by viable you mean being able to blitz Shaped Strands in under a few minutes, then probably. Zombos and specters doesn't really need anything special to be viable if you're wanting or okay with a more chill and slower playstyle.

Yeah, I'm not worried about being good enough to stream my exploits on Twitch.

I just remember it REALLY being a slog the last time I tried to progress through the game with Zombies + Skeleton Totem, but that was probably at least three years ago. It was before SRS was even introduced to the game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah. They've definitely beefed up minions since then. Couple leagues so they were actually viable to use from the start.

Cesaro
Oct 5, 2004
Could I get a guild reinvite? Character name: Seize_sparky
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cesaro/characters

Excited for this expansion and going in pretty much blind. Sad to see more of the labyrinth was not removed though.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Has anyone messed around with a skeletons/dark pact build on the beta? That seems really interesting to me but IDK if skeletons are good yet with the buffs.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Solarflare posted:

Has anyone messed around with a skeletons/dark pact build on the beta? That seems really interesting to me but IDK if skeletons are good yet with the buffs.

The new active gems aren't in beta.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

I'm currently thinking pizzasticks or baron srs for a starting character depending on the availability and depth of guides from day 1 (pizzasticks has one here but i haven't found one for baron srs yet).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how annoying are stat requirements on baron srs with no astramentis

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Awesome! posted:

how annoying are stat requirements on baron srs with no astramentis

I had to take two 30 dex nodes for a while in the 2 week

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Mentat Radnor posted:

That build will be perfect for you then. Don't worry about the Baron helmet until far into late game, it's just the icing on the cake once you're high level and can stack a whole buttload of Strength.

Thanks everyone for the advice. So I should just follow the guide as far as skill points and just learn the game otherwise?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Okay I can't figure out how to get Dark Pact to work without skeletons so I'm gonna mess around with Storm Burst instead.

However since I'm a baby who's never messed with EE before: how the gently caress do lightning builds proc it? Vortex would only proc it on the initial hit, right? Do I even need it as a crit inquisitor?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DON'T get it as a crit inquisitor. Inevitable Judgment doesn't lower resistances, it simply ignores them, so EE won't give it any benefit.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Okay I can't figure out how to get Dark Pact to work without skeletons so I'm gonna mess around with Storm Burst instead.

However since I'm a baby who's never messed with EE before: how the gently caress do lightning builds proc it? Vortex would only proc it on the initial hit, right? Do I even need it as a crit inquisitor?

No, if you're a crit inquisitor you don't need EE or any pen. When you crit, resistances are 0.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Aren't most EE builds ones where your primary attack isn't self-cast like totems, traps, or minions? I'd imagine that trying to get it to work with storm burst is more trouble than it's worth.

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

omeg posted:

gently caress, I was planning to start with RF totems :argh:

According to this guy it's not totally dead:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6r2s2u/rf_totem_nerf_with_numbers/

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

whydirt posted:

Aren't most EE builds ones where your primary attack isn't self-cast like totems, traps, or minions? I'd imagine that trying to get it to work with storm burst is more trouble than it's worth.

You run EE as Explosive Arrow, because the elemental (cold/light) applies to the initial hit, proccing EE, then the charges explode for fire damage.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Thanks yall, that really simplifies things. All I knew was everyone used Orb of Storms to do it which obv wouldn't work here, even better if I don't need it at all.

e: I just noticed in the reveal vid that one of the setups they use is CwC Frostbolt which would probably work but I guess that'd be more of an elementalist thing

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 2, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So since Hyaon's Fury is now 1% damage taken per frenzy down from 3%, I want to do something with it this league. 10% damage taken is a lot more manageable. I just don't know what.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Now Daresso's locations, drat. I wouldn't mind if any non-Labyrinth location in game was perpetually narrated by Daresso.

*Dumps a totem and hides in a corner.*

"THE WAY YOU FIGHT... "

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Going to try this game out for the first time once this new patch hits. I love super crit builds in these types of games. Is there a class/build that's just a flurry of big crit numbers?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

It's not completely dead, but it's a lot worse as a league starter, since you're a lot more reliant on using tukohama's and having a 6l'ed soul mantle.

e; removing the 6th link, tukohama's, and scorching ray (which you need tukohama's to use) drops your dps from RF to 210k and your dps from searing bond to 90k. A 2.6 build with the same restrictions has about 300k RF damage and about 55k searing bond damage.

Eminai fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 3, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Fooma posted:

Going to try this game out for the first time once this new patch hits. I love super crit builds in these types of games. Is there a class/build that's just a flurry of big crit numbers?

Assassin. He's all about crits. Not quite as strong in the upcoming patch (they nerfed how much flat chance to crit he can provide along with how much increased crit chance Power Charges provide), but if you want to Crit All the Things your first time through, pretty obvious choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elentor posted:

*Dumps a totem and hides in a corner.*

"THE WAY YOU FIGHT... "

"A BATTLE WORTHY OF SONG"