Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

the clinton machine bill and hillary!??!?!?!

donald trump, the rear end in a top hat?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

you're not telling me anything i haven't heard already. trust me, i'm on the email lists.

:chloe: subjecting yrself to the scrawlings of bad dems (rhymes with mad men)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

* complicit in lies about criminal charges against defendants
* fights against prisoners' transgender rights
* want to fine & jail parents for children's absenteeism
* won't prosecute bank fraud
* won't support single-payer
* handpicked successor by clinton donors

bad dems: YOU HATE HER BECAUSE SHE'S A BLACK WOMAN
it's almost like the democrats have adopted the strategy of opposing anyone disagreeing with them by accusing them of racism, sexism, or being a russian plant

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

You know if the dems keep sucking at elections at least it will be easier to primary them all, they won't see it coming since they can no longer remove their heads out of their asses

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

trust me, i'm on the email lists

lol yer nutty

*uses cheese grater on own genitals*

"trust me, im on the special menu"

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Office Pig posted:

democrats are basically republicans from yesteryear and that's been the plan for the past 50 years

The Democrats keep looking for the Rockefeller Republicans at Panera Breads across the country but it turns out Panera Bread was inside them the whole time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/anniekarni/status/892876732059004929

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

lol yer nutty

*uses cheese grater on own genitals*

"trust me, im on the special menu"

they said it was how i could learn about the conference calls.

but the emails with the details arrive the day after the calls actually happen

edit: i mean, absent any other knowledge, how the gently caress was i going to get any training?

edit edit: turns out it wasn't going to be there, either.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

So Zuck wants to lose?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like i said, my position as chair is like harry potter if harry was supposed to prevent cthulu from waking up but couldn't be arsed and just hosed off for eight years so the responsibility fell upon the shoulders of a mostly-insane dude in the background whose only pleasure in life that he can afford is getting drunk off bathtub gin, whose only knowledge of wizardy comes from foreign-language youtube tutorials, and is trying like mad to justify to himself why he shouldn't just let the great old one wreck havoc on the land.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i went into a panera bread the other day and immediately felt out of place and went right back outside and across the street to a wendy's

a lot of people don't know this but panera bread doesn't even have a dollar menu

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

as much as an rear end in a top hat hillary was to maddy over a loving dollar, how do you think she's going treat her own flesh and blood?

idk who maddy is

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

comedyblissoption posted:

it's almost like the democrats have adopted the strategy of opposing anyone disagreeing with them by accusing them of racism, sexism, or being a russian plant

i guess voting dem wont solve racexism

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

be that as it may, that set has proven to be a better investment than your consultancy for the democratic party, if your posts itt are anything to go by.

edit: you're also so out of touch you think I have anything left from a game show appearance three years ago after taxes, student loans (which I'm still underwater on), paying off a car, and several doctor's appointments to finally fix up what the gently caress has been wrong with me physically. i mean, maybe if you weren't such a smug rear end in a top hat you could be a contestant on a game show too. i mean, poo poo, they took me!

Anyone who actually has several thousand dollars to spend on some frivolous isn't really in a position to be randomly accusing others of being rich. I don't really know where all this "CC is rich" stuff is coming from. Most younger political staffers do not make much money, and being rich is hardly a prerequisite for having relatively mainstream/establishment political views (especially if you frequently interact with other people who hold such views). Heck, that's part of the reason why there's such a big class divide; people usually can't afford to work in politics unless they have families to support them.

edit: I mean CC is really not that bad. I disagree pretty strongly with him, but he's not a dumb condescending rear end in a top hat like some of the D&D posters (like JC for example). As far as being some sort of devil's advocate for this thread, he works pretty well.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 23:58 on Aug 2, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

punk rebel ecks posted:

So Zuck wants to lose?
Facebook has stronger AI, and an aggregated social platform that could use better user polling.
Which will build better advice
To build a better facebook
To consumer users

In Reality Facebook is the one who consumes you

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

papa horny michael posted:

The only thing i disagree with her about then is over the israel/palestine thing, but I'm pretty okay with people being pro-palestine. They're the underdogs so they need the defenders.

Why in the world would you be pro-Israel, though? As far as political stances go, it's pretty much indefensible. It's no different than someone saying they're against affirmative action or gay marriage or something* in the sense of being an issue with a really clear and obvious right and wrong.

*It's actually quite a bit worse than this

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Holy poo poo I knew Zuck was rich but I didn't know that he was 72 billion dollar rich. That's between 7 and ∞ times more money than Trump. Between that and Facebook I wonder how much power he would have to give up in order to become president.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

like i said, my position as chair is like harry potter if harry was supposed to prevent cthulu from waking up but couldn't be arsed and just hosed off for eight years so the responsibility fell upon the shoulders of a mostly-insane dude in the background whose only pleasure in life that he can afford is getting drunk off bathtub gin, whose only knowledge of wizardy comes from foreign-language youtube tutorials, and is trying like mad to justify to himself why he shouldn't just let the great old one wreck havoc on the land.
I'd read it

Also lol if you aren't already consumed by the madness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PFcOeM_Usk&t=23s

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
JC convinced me that if the dumbass pipedreams of bad dems to gently caress off to Canada whenever a republican is elected happened, they'd have given the tories majorities so crushing there'd be calls for international observers.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

You know if the dems keep sucking at elections at least it will be easier to primary them all, they won't see it coming since they can no longer remove their heads out of their asses
money still heavily buys elections

do party insiders have outsized voting power in some state or local primaries like they do in the presidential primaries or CA state chair elections?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

Holy poo poo I knew Zuck was rich but I didn't know that he was 72 billion dollar rich. That's between 7 and ∞ times more money than Trump. Between that and Facebook I wonder how much power he would have to give up in order to become president.

uh, none? the rules only apply to the rich if someone makes them

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Feldegast42 posted:

Incumbancy is a hell of a force.

money still heavily buys elections

do party insiders have outsized voting power in some state or local primaries like they do in the presidential primaries or CA state chair elections?
Local parties control ballot access and can stifle a primary.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

Trump only has a net worth of 3.4 billion dollars.

He famously sued Forbes for publishing this researched number.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

etalian posted:

Trump only has a net worth of 3.4 billion dollars.

He famously sued Forbes for publishing this researched number.

only

it's loving disgusting a serial failure like trump can be 3.2billion dollars rich

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

criticism of the democrats' lovely better deal:
http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/41444-better-deal-than-what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhrJ_RtKIGs

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

zegermans posted:

"The fascist president is letting his completely unelected stupid privileged family gently caress up the country. We should turn our gaze on Clinton's daughter for reasons."

The point that liberals don't aim criticism like this at people perceived as "their own" still stands. There are a bunch of Democratic politicians from privileged backgrounds, but you only see this arguments aimed at conservatives who they perceive as being dumb.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Call Me Charlie posted:

what if i told you that chuck uses the term 'american workers first' a bunch while also announcing the desire to form a committee on foreign investment in the us, rework our trade deals with china and give tax credits to companies willing to 'reshore' outsourced jobs?

TAX CREDITS:frog:

Ytlaya posted:

edit: I mean CC is really not that bad. I disagree pretty strongly with him, but he's not a dumb condescending rear end in a top hat like some of the D&D posters (like JC for example). As far as being some sort of devil's advocate for this thread, he works pretty well.

i usually like CC but he's been dipping a bit too hard into trolling and being willfully obtuse lately

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

oh thank god. theres no way he wins now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

oh thank god. theres no way he wins now

Zuck for president

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Imagine a Zuck-Harris ticket

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

have voters figured out that a 'tax credit' is equivalent to handing someone a big bag of money yet

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

have voters figured out that a 'tax credit' is equivalent to handing someone a big bag of money yet

phrases like tax credit are use intentionally because they are vague/bland so they don't set off alarms

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

phrases like tax credit are use intentionally because they are vague/bland so they don't set off alarms

yeah but a lot of people who would benefit can't see through the vague blandness either

i think talking about big bags of money might go over better in the end

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I'm a big fan of nonrefundable tax credits, which are big bags of money that only the rich are eligible to receive

what means testing

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

they said it was how i could learn about the conference calls.

but the emails with the details arrive the day after the calls actually happen

edit: i mean, absent any other knowledge, how the gently caress was i going to get any training?

edit edit: turns out it wasn't going to be there, either.

unsubscribe from their mailing list imo :sever:

they dont need you jest like you dont need them

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the problem is dems like using tax credits for the idiots that would benefit them and not to obfuscate the free money to people that their voters dont want having it even tho its literally just free money

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
tax credits in general are bad no matter who they go to and giving away free incentives is part of the reason our budget is so hosed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

UHD posted:

idk who maddy is

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1078502-i-m-not-kidding-maddi

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

wtf lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997