Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I like the new Xu Zhu design, he's always fun to play.

People actually play Xu Zhu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun
If you don't like smashin' fools with a giant club, i don't even know what to say to you.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Sakurazuka posted:

They're mobile armour in DWG2 tier poo poo.

What's that? I can get additional parts of the mobile suit I'm using if I shoot the MA down without breaking anything on it? Gee, that sure would be nice if that was actually loving possible!

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Mr. Leonheart posted:

If you don't like smashin' fools with a giant club, i don't even know what to say to you.

The club is a lovely weapon and Xu Zhu is terrible. :colbert:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Mr. Leonheart posted:

He's always been too slow to swing, so he's always getting interrupted. When it works, it works, but often it doesn't. He's been getting faster and more usable swings lately, though, even without things like weapon crafting/lighter weapons.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the depiction of xu zhu in souten kouro is way better then in dw, he's still an idiot but in a believable country bumpkin way

also he kills the poo poo out of people

http://i.imgur.com/mXuUgzV.gifv

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Davincie posted:

the depiction of xu zhu in souten kouro is way better then in dw, he's still an idiot but in a believable country bumpkin way

also he kills the poo poo out of people

http://i.imgur.com/mXuUgzV.gifv

:laffo: holy poo poo

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
I would main Xu Zhu if he threw horses, not gonna lie.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

thelazyblank posted:

I would main Xu Zhu if he threw horses, not gonna lie.

press L1 to throw horse

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

PureRok posted:

It doesn't, which is why it doesn't have it.

Wait, have they removed co-op entirely, or just from that mode?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Berserk might have the shittiest bosses I've ever played in a videogame.
They're mobile armour in DWG2 tier poo poo.

Zodd and Wyald are very satisfying hard counters for them, though. Their roar attacks will stun large bosses if they hit them in the gap between attack animations, letting you get a solid combo or two in, and their Apostle forms are immune to damage, mostly immune to stagger, and have a whole library of options for wrecking the enemy's poo poo.

Actually, Zodd is pretty much perfectly designed for Endless Eclipse in general - he really does have a (devastating) tool for every job. Wyald's more of a silly fun character, with some useless gimmick moves (I've never got Wyald Avalanche to hit anyone), but still extremely powerful - his transformed Death Blow is just insane.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just realised I finished story mode but never unlocked Wyald.

Also he'll never stop being an awful pick for playable character in a game with only nine characters and some of Guts band aren't playable.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I just realised I finished story mode but never unlocked Wyald.

Also he'll never stop being an awful pick for playable character in a game with only nine characters and some of Guts band aren't playable.

He's actually good because of what they do with him. He gets the Jagi from Ken's Rage treatment, turning him from someone horrible but kind of silly to someone silly but kind of horrible. I actually think that if Miura had built him around the game's base personality concept, he'd have been one of the manga's more fondly-remembered secondary villains.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Xu Zhu is a big fun boy, he deserves to be appreciated.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

CubeTheory posted:

Wait, have they removed co-op entirely, or just from that mode?

Dunno. I just heard "No Co-op". Wasn't in relation to anything specific.

Since the game is open world I'm just going to assume there are no "modes" any more. Kind of like Spirit of Sanada. You could still replay battles in a freeplay type mode, but it was still only available in the main game by accessing the Sanada vault and not a separate menu branch.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Wow. It looks like there is no co-op of any kind. This just went from a day one purchase to a no sell for me. If this is the future of Warriors games, I guess I'm done with the franchise. A sad day.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never cared about co-op so

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I've never had a good non couch co-op experience with this series. Not having couch co-op will kinda blow though.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
No local co op? The gently caress. DW is one of the most fun couch co op games I have ever played.
This is very disappointing.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/892731208106430464

Think KT EUrope also has one but I'm not sure if it's the same one. You need a facebook though.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I voted for Cao Ren, Dian wei, and xiahou dun

Is this poll just to put in a magazine article, or is it stated it will have some effect on the game like prioritizing dlc?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

It's basically just "Well Japan has a official poll, we might as well too"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The GIG posted:

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/892731208106430464

Think KT EUrope also has one but I'm not sure if it's the same one. You need a facebook though.

Cao Pi, Xiahou Dun, and Zhang He.

It's illegal to not vote for Zhang He.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Takoluka posted:

It's illegal to not vote for Zhang He.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

xiahou dun, wang yi, zhang liao

zhang he is stupid

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Davincie posted:

xiahou dun, wang yi, zhang liao

zhang he is stupid

my dw soul mate

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Went for Cao Cao, Jia Xu, and Wang Yi myself. I might be a bit weird.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Voted Zhang Liao because yeah and then Xu Huang and Cao Ren because I'd love for them to get some spotlight and be as cool in-game as they actually were :gbsmith:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
When I was a kid my main was Dian Wei and my brother's was Xu Huang. Then my brother switched to Xiahou Dun. Then he finally switched to Zhang Liao.

I just voted Xu Huang, Xiahou Dun, Zhang Liao. My brother officially had better taste than me as a kid.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun, and Zhang Liao, though I wish I had picked Yuan instead of Dun

I would have picked Wang Yi but I haven't actually played a non Empires game with her in it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Newly announced characters with high res screenshots.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
"The great Gan Ning will FIGHT you!"

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I decided to give the 2010 TV series a retry today. Good god, Dong Zhou behaves exactly how I imagine Trump does day to day, playing trash can basketball, taking naps in the middle of conversations, repeating phrases he hears without understanding what made the phrase work/funny. Jeez.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Are they giving the characters back their pre-XL DW7 weapons? What shittery is this?

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
The only ones that have gone back to a generic weapon from before that isn't iconic to them are Gan Ning and Dong Zhuo and they are at least still unique so far. So long as we don't go back to the DW6 days of half the cast sharing weapons and movesets I'm okay with this. It does make me wonder what the plan for Jia Xu is though since he's never wielded anything but the chain sickle and I was kinda hoping Gan Ning would go back to the scimitar.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DW9 confirmed for PC/PS4/Xbone in the West.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Not at all surprising, but still nice to have confirmed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A PC release. Noice!

Now I just hope that the performance isn't as bad as it is in Spirits of Sanada and also that they hopefully have the goofy English voice acting in there.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm gonna be doing a Musou retrospective video series but I've somehow avoided the Xtreme expansion things. How much content do they add exactly? I'm trying to determine if they should get their own videos when I get to those games that have them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Tends to vary, depending on the game. Usually significant changes, like new Musou modes and scenarios in general.