Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cena's supposed to be moving to Raw after Summerslam anyway.

So you figure no god drat way does Jinder beat Cena, and Cena won't have his history making win a title he has to give up right after, it has to be Shinsuke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Cena's supposed to be moving to Raw after Summerslam anyway.

So you figure no god drat way does Jinder beat Cena, and Cena won't have his history making win a title he has to give up right after, it has to be Shinsuke.

Cena's history-tying reign was a transitional reign for a transitional reign for a transitional reign.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I just assumed Jinder would interfere and it would be a three-way, just like every other multiple person match on the Summerslam card.

Who does Cena get if Nak gets the title shot? AJ?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

mkay0 posted:

I just assumed Jinder would interfere and it would be a three-way, just like every other multiple person match on the Summerslam card.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah I'm excited to see Jinder beat Nakamura too.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That's cool and gives me hope for tonight's match.

Assuming Jinder doesn't stiff Nakamura into a concussion ala Balor, it should be a nice moment when he wins. And then noted douchebag heel Baron Corbin can ruin the moment, and we get a title feud of two new faces that don't suck.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
wrong thread

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mkay0 posted:

I assume whatever Cena does has a stipulation that banishes him to Raw.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yup. And he'll probably beat Corbin (because Corbin's gonna cash in on Nakamura after Nak wins the title).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was asked to post this. Very early plans are for Nakamura to defeat Jinder without winning the title, and for the match to be placed near the opener. Nothing new for the secondary big belt, but I thought that was an interesting look into the true understanding of their audience; it may spoil the crowd for a majority of the show depending on how much they like Nak. Could even be related to a potential copout for why the audience doesn't go nuts for Roman winning the title in the main.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
i bought tickets to battleground and im never giving wwe money again, but i'll hatewatch illegal streams until the company dies because i have to see it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Cavauro posted:

i was asked to post this. Very early plans are for Nakamura to defeat Jinder without winning the title, and for the match to be placed near the opener. Nothing new for the secondary big belt, but I thought that was an interesting look into the true understanding of their audience; it may spoil the crowd for a majority of the show depending on how much they like Nak. Could even be related to a potential copout for why the audience doesn't go nuts for Roman winning the title in the main.

There's no money in making Nakamura look like a dork getting kicked in the dick two months in a row, or in a bunch of "heels" chasing Roman's title until the inevitable Cena program around February, so yeah, this all checks out.

And will be bad.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
why not just give him the belt. what could they possibly lose.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Basic Chunnel posted:

It would matter if WWE had any competition at all, but you can just look at someone like Cody to realize how little WWE booking can damage your drawing power on the indies

And then on the opposite end of the scale...

Ryback.

dromal phrenia posted:

That's cool and gives me hope for tonight's match.

Assuming Jinder doesn't stiff Nakamura into a concussion ala Balor, it should be a nice moment when he wins. And then noted douchebag heel Baron Corbin can ruin the moment, and we get a title feud of two new faces that don't suck.

Jinder stiffing Nakamura would be awesome because than we'd get to see Shinsuke Nakamura shooting on Jinder Mahal.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

Um...you are my friend but source?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The unfortunate thing about being a scooper is that you're done as soon as you reveal your sources. I can't link a website; only a real human being. If I hear any different it will be posted. until then, in my opinion, you'll have to blame That DICK! for asking me to speak on this

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Cavauro posted:

:lol: Vince learned the opposite lesson he should have from WM32. Instead of spitebooking the entire card so the crowd has to give his chosen one a positive reaction which they don't, he'll spitebook a favorite to attempt to kill the crowd and use it as an excuse to defend Roman's negative reactions.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

:lol: Vince learned the opposite lesson he should have from WM32. Instead of spitebooking the entire card so the crowd has to give his chosen one a positive reaction which they don't, he'll spitebook a favorite to attempt to kill the crowd and use it as an excuse to defend Roman's negative reactions.

Y'all. It's Cavauro. He's a good dude but grain of salt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we're good friends

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SamuraiFoochs posted:

LOL. A grain of salt doesn't do him justice.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Strawberry Panda posted:

LOL. A grain of salt doesn't do him justice.

True I like to rub him in honey <3

Also someone should tell Vince that while Japan has nowhere near the population of India, they make up for that by having more total disposable income than the entire subcontinent on one of their islands. We'll get a four year nakamura reign!

And maybe a kim jong-un subplot because VKM has no idea which "oriental" is which.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Like a month ago I was like "I can't believe at least 3 people a week fall for Cavauro every week"

Between the discussion thread and this I sigh and now say "I can't believe at least 10 people a week fall for Cavauro every week"

He's on pace to win the electoral college vote in 2020

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Chris James 2 posted:

Like a month ago I was like "I can't believe at least 3 people a week fall for Cavauro every week"

Between the discussion thread and this I sigh and now say "I can't believe at least 10 people a week fall for Cavauro every week"

It's me, I am the scoop-starved masses :v:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

VJeff posted:

And then on the opposite end of the scale...

Ryback.

I thought Ryback was doing fitness things when he left WWE. How is he doing in the indies?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

duhuhhhh

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Forceholy posted:

I thought Ryback was doing fitness things when he left WWE. How is he doing in the indies?

Not getting booked. He is asking for crazy money and a stupid list of demands. I am friendly with several people who book different shows in the Chicagoland area and get pretty big name stars regularly. They inquired about Ryback and the ask was so insane they thought it was a joke.

To put it in perspective you can book Cody Rhodes, the RoH World Champion mind you, for half of what Ryback is asking for and that is just cash. The rider is even more crazy. You can book both the Young Bucks and still have money left over for other top indie draws!

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I don't understand how Jinder is still the champion my dudes

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What's in the rider?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I don't understand how Jinder is still the champion my dudes

Didn't want to give Nakamura it on a C-tier PPV, especially when Corbin's going to stand tall at the end of it anyway
Styles and Owens they don't want to give it period
Orton just lost it
Cena's busy with films and if he's ever getting it again, definitely isn't on a C-tier PPV

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Cavauro posted:

The unfortunate thing about being a scooper is that you're done as soon as you reveal your sources. I can't link a website; only a real human being. If I hear any different it will be posted. until then, in my opinion, you'll have to blame That DICK! for asking me to speak on this

You don't have a source and you fabricated this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Extremely valuable scoops are rarely appreciated in their time

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cavauro posted:

Extremely valuable scoops are rarely appreciated in their time

As the scoopster who broke the news of TNA being rebranded as GFW months in advance only to be blown off as a joke, I can understand the pain of not being taken seriously for your hard work in acquiring knowledge for people.

Stay strong, my friend.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I remember that scoop. it was Very good.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't want to give Nakamura it on a C-tier PPV, especially when Corbin's going to stand tall at the end of it anyway
Styles and Owens they don't want to give it period
Orton just lost it
Cena's busy with films and if he's ever getting it again, definitely isn't on a C-tier PPV

Is it cause they're feuding for the US title? SD was at its best when AJ was champ :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is it cause they're feuding for the US title? SD was at its best when AJ was champ :(

Vince doesn't want a Flat Earther representing his brand. He's crazy, but not that crazy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Styles will be champ for a while

Midcard champ

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

flashy_mcflash posted:

What's in the rider?

I don't know everything but a super expensive hotel and first class travel are in there as well as requiring a ton of his health food at the event.

Let's say Cena leaves the WWE and starts working the indies, even he isn't going to be able to command what Ryback is asking for and Cena is the most successful draw in current times. Ryback is a guy who was barely on the card for most of his career.

I know a lot of people online like to give Cody Rhodes a lot of poo poo but I will say the guy has been a complete class act since he started working indies. His rates are beyond reasonable, he does a lot for the other guys on the cards and carries himself like a professional. Everyone I have talked to that has done business with him has nothing but great things to say which in this industry isn't very common.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I mean if you do accept his ridiculous demands there's always the chance he'll just decide randomly not to do your show and bury you on twitter for some perceived disrespect.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Djarum posted:

I don't know everything but a super expensive hotel and first class travel are in there as well as requiring a ton of his health food at the event.

Let's say Cena leaves the WWE and starts working the indies, even he isn't going to be able to command what Ryback is asking for and Cena is the most successful draw in current times. Ryback is a guy who was barely on the card for most of his career.

I know a lot of people online like to give Cody Rhodes a lot of poo poo but I will say the guy has been a complete class act since he started working indies. His rates are beyond reasonable, he does a lot for the other guys on the cards and carries himself like a professional. Everyone I have talked to that has done business with him has nothing but great things to say which in this industry isn't very common.

Would you say Cody has the common touch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Djarum posted:

Yeah this is what I heard (or rather, read in the Observer) that whatever you think of Cody's character and matches, indie bookers loving LOVE the guy.