Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Learn to be more original, Maria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Doctor Ver will never die. He lives on in all of our hearts, making progressively sillier faces as he transcends any need to be even vaguely on-model.

Also, I like how literally everything about Adam's design appears scientifically calibrated to make him appear as the biggest piece of poo poo there ever was.

Also Also - I usually shrug at most of the design work on trash Noise, but I actually really love the design of the Yamata-No-Orochi looking one at the end.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 31, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

the ver stands for "very powerful" and I am glad he is not dead forever

merchchat I have the Hibiki figma which is pretty nice. I mean, it's a figma, most of them are

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my one complaint is there's no merch of the girls in casual clothes, its all gear outfits. and the one of chris in a bunny girl outfit but, no.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I am glad that the resolution to the linker problem is go delve into a digital projection of a mind because why not lol. I'm also glad there's still a lil friction between the bonkers main trio and FIS.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I mean, if that's what it takes to meet the Last Action Hero...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tsubasa isn't here Maria

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im like 80% sure the girl hanging out with stefan at the hospital is the girl that hibiki saved by activating her gear powers in s1, which, lol

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Dzhay posted:

This episode reminded me about Tsubasa's messed up family situation, so now I'm angry at fictional people.

Me from the past doesn't know how right he was. Why are the commander and Tsubasa even working with this guy, let alone treating him like he's a loving king? He runs a minor government department that just got all its poo poo wrecked - you don't need this guy on-side.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Dzhay posted:

Me from the past doesn't know how right he was. Why are the commander and Tsubasa even working with this guy, let alone treating him like he's a loving king? He runs a minor government department that just got all its poo poo wrecked - you don't need this guy on-side.

Literal daddy isssues

^^Nice catch, Endorph

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dzhay posted:

he's their dad

also he runs the part of the government that's directly above them, and they're a government organization.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

im like 80% sure the girl hanging out with stefan at the hospital is the girl that hibiki saved by activating her gear powers in s1, which, lol

Ohhhh that's good

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I'm so glad the news came on to talk about Stefan specifically, without any background introduction about boys losing their limbs to Symphogear energy bolts

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

he's their dad

also he runs the part of the government that's directly above them, and they're a government organization.

SONG are with the UN, aren't they?

I have faith in an intelligence agency's ability to get a guy fired. That they haven't done this since it became clear the guy was insane at least [however old Tsubasa is now] ago suggests unpleasant things about them.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm going to go out on a limb that the show whose lore consists of a feverish haze of conspiracy theories thrown into a big pot and boiled to perfection is going to imply some unkind things about the government of Japan/The UN.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they literally got the first three gears from the nazis, i think its already implying unkind things about the government

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'll call it. Looking forward to Elfnein having to fight Ver for control of her mind and body a la Miku in G starting next episode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"I took Ver's sciencey doohickey and modified it with alchemy."

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

"I took Ver's sciencey doohickey and modified it with alchemy."

Oh my loving god I hadn't noticed

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Kylra posted:

I'll call it. Looking forward to Elfnein having to fight Ver for control of her mind and body a la Miku in G starting next episode.

Better yet, alter-ego Carol comes back in subconscious form to do some of the heavy lifting.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Elfnein and memory-Ver get on famously and bond over being partial copies of mad scientists. Maria looks annoyed.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
Dr. Ver takes over Elfnein's body and finally becomes a symphogear.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Next time, on a Very special episode of Symphogear...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Eela6 posted:

Next time, on a Very special episode of Symphogear...

The Last Action Hero is going to tell all the kids not to do drugs

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Unless the drugs let you be an action hero, those are cool

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ver is going to die again and we're just going to have to accept that.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

What's the chance LiNKER was just a placebo all along?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

nielsm posted:

What's the chance LiNKER was just a placebo all along?

Probably really low, considering that we've seen Anti-LiNKER derived from the LiNKER recipe have actual, measurable effects on the attuned Gear users despite them not actually knowing what it was at the time.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

TFRazorsaw posted:

Ver is going to die again and we're just going to have to accept that.

As long as he comes back again in Season 5 I'm okay with this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I forget. Wasn't LiNKER supposed to have bad side effects or something.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's not the LiNKER itself that's dangerous, it's the forcing of the body to boost compatibility rates with the Symphogear, and them not being able to handle the strain. The LiNKER developed by F.I.S. diminishes this and Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika have a higher rate of compatibility than Kanade did, so with those two facts combined they're more or less able to use it more safely.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Dr. Ver takes over Elfnein's body and finally becomes a symphogear.

This but he's going to half rear end it and only end up being in partial control of her body. All he'll be able to do is blurt out a few lines from time to time.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MonsterEnvy posted:

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's not the LiNKER itself that's dangerous, it's the forcing of the body to boost compatibility rates with the Symphogear, and them not being able to handle the strain. The LiNKER developed by F.I.S. diminishes this and Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika have a higher rate of compatibility than Kanade did, so with those two facts combined they're more or less able to use it more safely.

The old Kanade-style LiNKER was pretty dangerous on its own, by appearances. In the flashback scene about Kanade's past, she was still bleeding everywhere and screaming in agony despite not having Gungnir activated. The Ver-model LiNKER seemed to pretty much eliminate the side effects, as the only time we see the girls suffering from using it is when they're trying to do something really dangerous or when the effect is running out mid-combat.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

MonsterEnvy posted:

p much all of the bad side effects have been replaced by getting rad friends and also finding a gf

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
The website updates have all the details on linker: https://symphogear.blogspot.co.nz/2017/07/axz-keywords-1.html

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

quote:

Under the charge of Dr. Ver the project proceeded under the theme of "Pleasant for you" and they managed to develop a safer form of LiNKER with a very small physical burden and a more thorough cleansing process.
Great guy, that Dr Ver. :sun:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

.Clash posted:

The website updates have all the details on linker: https://symphogear.blogspot.co.nz/2017/07/axz-keywords-1.html

I particularly like how Europe in the Symphoverse is an anarchic, poverty-stricken hellhole... except for Greece, which is doing just fine.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm just going to assume that anyone who ever met the good doctor has a version of him running around in their subconscious now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

McDragon posted:

I'm just going to assume that anyone who ever met the good doctor has a version of him running around in their subconscious now.

I mean, I do.

Maria has been really good this season. I think she might be my second-favorite now.

• Locked thread