Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Yo can I snag a guild invite?

Char name is "Wonderyears"

e: thanks!

Prel fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Zizaran has his 3.0 guide out, have not watched it yet as its 43 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPVJIn98B4

I tried watching it and sending it to my friend who is scared of how complex this game is, the first 10 minutes are good for new players but after that he goes through over 20 straight minutes of slowly explaining what every currency does and showing examples of him using it, then launches right into master crafting. It definitely wasn't the right thing to send to someone who's scared of the game's complexity in the first place :kiddo:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cesaro posted:

Could I get a guild reinvite? Character name: Seize_sparky
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cesaro/characters

Excited for this expansion and going in pretty much blind. Sad to see more of the labyrinth was not removed though.

Prel posted:

Yo can I snag a guild invite?

Char name is "Wonderyears"

sent

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

deep dish peat moss posted:

I tried watching it and sending it to my friend who is scared of how complex this game is, the first 10 minutes are good for new players but after that he goes through over 20 straight minutes of slowly explaining what every currency does and showing examples of him using it, then launches right into master crafting. It definitely wasn't the right thing to send to someone who's scared of the game's complexity in the first place :kiddo:

3.0 introduces a help panel which in my opinion is not bad. It doles out information as you go, so you don't get hit with information overload all at once. Most of it is the basics of different concepts, but it's enough to know what questions to ask later.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

deep dish peat moss posted:

Tell your friend to watch this instead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The masters suck and are the worst part of the game right behind the labyrinth not having checkpoints .

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
What? Why? They are cool imo

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
The end result - master crafting - is pretty cool, but having to find & grind them every league is tedious and not particularly fun or interesting.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ixjuvin posted:

The end result - master crafting - is pretty cool, but having to find & grind them every league is tedious and not particularly fun or interesting.

Yeah exactly

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

What? Why? They are cool imo

leveling them sucks, 99% of the crafting options are loving worthless

the dailies are super boring

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ah, yeah I don't really like grinding them either but I just do it as little as possible and live with lvl 5-6 masters all league. It would be nice if they made the dailies like at all challenging

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I wish they were available as combat companions but obviously that would be a huge gameplay change

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

MTX to turn golems into more typical ARPG style mercenaries of some stripe, masters or not, would be interesting. Don't think there are many builds that don't use a golem.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

ooh, don't think we've seen the full stats for this yet

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Awesome! posted:

how annoying are stat requirements on baron srs with no astramentis

It's not unmanageable. I got around it by getting 3 dex suffixes on my gear. But even then, it's not mandatory, you only need dex to fully level your haste and vaal haste auras, and you can simply hold that off. The benefits you get from maxing out the level is superfluous.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Mover posted:

Jesus, is this the longest gem description?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

euphronius posted:

The masters suck and are the worst part of the game right behind the labyrinth not having checkpoints .

Ban this sick filth

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

Labyrinth is the best part of the game.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Melee tag, rip using it for wands.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Labyrinth is the best part of the game.

Unless you built a lab runner, then it is the most boring.

J
Jun 10, 2001

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That seems incredibly strong

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/892917189610684416

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
So does that mean 45% each, or 45% total?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Each

I wonder how that mod interacts with Essence Worm.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

You run EE as Explosive Arrow, because the elemental (cold/light) applies to the initial hit, proccing EE, then the charges explode for fire damage.

EE is still useful, but the explosions actually happen in sequence, so only the first explosion benefits from the EE boost, the rest all suffer a penalty from that first blast. Tarke did some testing on it and I think it turned out still being worth using, but yeah.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Worth noting that EE gives its full benefit vs. single target stacked EA explosions since it's one explosion following the arrow hits. The above is when dealing with packs and arrows lodged in terrain.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

funmanguy posted:

Interesting, seems that Gruthkul's Pelt doesn't disable vuln from witchfire brew flask, or curse on hit from gloves.

My idea was for grukthul's pelt bleed explosion gladiator with those haemophilia gloves (it stacks). 15% of enemy health as phys, can scale it with vulnerability and general phys (the pelt has up to 100%)

Sunder with the new brutality support should make up for the lack of auras and hits enough times with the aftershocks that even without going whole hog on chance to bleed you should be able to explode most things. Bosses though, :corsair:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

If anyone could invite to the guild, I'd love an invite on Sarmhan

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ein Sexmonster posted:

If anyone could invite to the guild, I'd love an invite on Sarmhan

sent

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Definitely getting back into this on Friday. Gotta decide on a build, I'm torn between RF totems and some kind of Slayer build.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Lprsti99 posted:

Definitely getting back into this on Friday. Gotta decide on a build, I'm torn between RF totems and some kind of Slayer build.

I would reccomend a Seasons in the AByss build personally, though some would reccoment a South of Heaven build.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/892945702875049984

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'll probably try the berserker righteous fire since I wanted to go RF but couldn't decide on what ascendancy to go with it, SRS seems like it's going to be too popular.

I suspect that lightning builds with new skills will be found out to be actually amazing once you break certain thresholds with them.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Goddammit I cannot wait for this xpac. I want to do some cool Shadow poo poo, but I feel like I want to just use a bow again like I have every time I played PoE.

No, I'm gonna commit to using daggers and doing cool magic with my daggers this season.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anyone got any recommendations for an archer-esque starter, my verrrrrrrry first character back in technical alpha (who I'd like to stress was god awful) was basically a walking shotgun with chaining shots and I'd like to use something like that again but that's hopefully end game viable

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Any recommendations for a starter build lab farmer? Right now I'm looking at Sunder Berserker, RF Berserker, or maybe a cyclone build. Thoughts on how good those will be for lab farming or any better recs?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Totemdad is always a good starter since it requires nothing other than a beefy weapon or Facebreakers depending on which flavor you want.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mover posted:

Will this convert ethereal knives into lightning (cast on channel)? I've been working on the assumption that no it won't but I get the feeling that was wrong and my original thought that it would was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So after being horribly burned by the D3 necro, can I make a good pet centric build in this game that centers around permanent pets? And not just spammimg ones that live for 6 seconds because goddamn is that tedious.