Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Perturabator

Konrad Kavinsky: NightLords.

That's all I got.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Should be Fulgrim with a Hawaiian shirt

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am going to be painting Angron this month, so I will be (theoretically) half way out from under my TOXX burden.

My real question is how I should paint the dead Marines on his base. Loyalist World Eaters is how it should be, but I think part of me is always sexually aroused by seeing dead Iron Warriors.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am going to be painting Angron this month, so I will be (theoretically) half way out from under my TOXX burden.

My real question is how I should paint the dead Marines on his base. Loyalist World Eaters is how it should be, but I think part of me is always sexually aroused by seeing dead Iron Warriors.

Imperial Fists because I want to see you paint yellow and be miserable.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Ultras for that Betrayer feeling.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PantsOptional posted:

Ultras for that Betrayer feeling.

Dead Space Wolves would also be quite fitting.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Stanyer89 posted:

Imperial Fists because I want to see you paint yellow and be miserable.

:smith: I always dreamed of doing Imperial Fists as my loyalist army.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When the gently caress did (pre-demon, pre-Siege of Terra) Angron fight the Imperial Fists?
:goonsay:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Maybe an IF force during the shadow crusade?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

When the gently caress did (pre-demon, pre-Siege of Terra) Angron fight the Imperial Fists?

In a galaxy far far away...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Safety Factor posted:

My eidolon is standing on an IF dread because gently caress them.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
:siren: :toxx:satisfied! With bonus malcadors! :siren:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Fuckkkkk. That's beautiful Gazk. The freehand is ace

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
:eyepop:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Thanks! It was intentionally sloppy but totally works.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Ghazk posted:

Where do you want me to send your VHS of Space Jam?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Safety Factor posted:

I am incandescent with rage over this irony. :argh:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am incandescent with rage over this irony. :argh:
I am incandescent with rage over your misuse of the word irony. :argh:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Man that's pretty

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghazk posted:

:popeye:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

panascope posted:

Where do you want me to send your VHS of Space Jam?

Yesssss! Hand it off to Tallkid, he knows where to find me.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ghazk that symbol of chaos is the cherry on a very nice cake.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

gently caress this means I'm going to have to reaaaallly try on my LoW

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I have painted three more marines. Please tell me how to do better!

Other questions:

How does basing work? I'd like to put them on some cracked desert.
Does the weathering just look like bird poo poo? If yes, does it matter? They're Death Guard.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It looks a little bird lovely; but thats ok. Try giving it a light silver metallic drybrush. This simulates paint wearing on the uppermost edges of the armor

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Hixson posted:

gently caress this means I'm going to have to reaaaallly try on my LoW

The lust for Space Jam is palpable ITT

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Use a sponge to weather, and go light on it and build it up. Skavenblight dinge and rhinox hide.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

The Arcus Sicaran is up on FW's site. The display model has a pretty paint scheme.

The rules for 30k and 40k (pdfs) are also up. It seems pretty wicked in 30k (especially with all the options) and just kinda mediocre in 40k. Overall seems much better than the Punisher to me.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Jeez 8 S8 AP2 shots that reroll cover and Jink if it doesn't move?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Specialized anti automata warheads are interesting too.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Just looking at the difference between those rules makes me so glad for 8th edition.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Just looking at the difference between those rules makes me so glad for 8th edition.

:agreed:

Seriously considering putting Heresy on the back burner until it inevitably makes the jump to 8th ed, playing the 7th ruleset now feels so clunky and frustrating.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
:frogout:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

SteelMentor posted:

:agreed:

Seriously considering putting Heresy on the back burner until it inevitably makes the jump to 8th ed, playing the 7th ruleset now feels so clunky and frustrating.

gently caress no, the 8th Edition rules are so boring, no character at all other than "it shoots I guess". What happened to the multiple warhead types, the armour penetration mechanic?

The 8th rules are watered down trash.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The difference between the two rule sets is almost comically stark with this thing.

The 7th ed version has a ton of character, lots of different clunky rules to remember and a ton of weapon profiles. It's really customizable and having multiples means layered bookkeeping with remembering which model has which options.

The 8th ed version is totally flavorless, and looks like all the other 8th ed vehicle profiles where it's got the big main gun and some one-off special rule to set it apart from other vehicles.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The Terminal Tracking and Cluster Warhead rules are shared with the Xiphon and Scorpius in the same army list. It'd be much better if they named them something unique. Multiple names for the same rule is good and cool.

it's also got a dumb name. Should be called something like the Primaris Thundar Stryker.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 4, 2017

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
What flavor? It's zany for zany's sake. It' s a rotary missile launcher, which means that it fires a ton of smaller rockets instead of one larger missile. Sure, that's cool. But why are there ammo selections? There's only one hopper per launcher, and there isn't any means of mechanically selecting which rockets it can fire, so where's the ammo coming from? It should only be loaded wwith one ammo type. And if they're smaller rockets, why are they so powerful? Why don't marine missile launchers get these turbo-vehicle-fucker missiles? If they're slightly too big for a marine, why not dreads and hunter killer missles? Why is it D3 rolls on the chart and not just 2D6, pick highest? Where's the elite tracking coming from for the anti-air missiles? Why do they all have different ranges? Is it really fun to spend 50 points on extra ammo to gently caress-harder low-save blobs or mechanicus dudes? Why even give the option to list tailor against Admech? If the Imperium has had weapons that can just turn off entire robot forces since before Unification, why is it only in this extremely underproduced tank?

It's a rotary missile launcher. It should just shoot a bunch of small missiles. I'd say the 8th edition special rule it has is more flavorful anyway, you can fire it normally or go full auto. I don't see why the HH version has remaining stationary be more important to it, it's a Sicaran class tank and is meant to be move and fire. It's not the Enterprise-D where it's choosing to give more power to the phasers or engines.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What flavor? It's zany for zany's sake. It' s a rotary missile launcher, which means that it fires a ton of smaller rockets instead of one larger missile. Sure, that's cool. But why are there ammo selections? There's only one hopper per launcher, and there isn't any means of mechanically selecting which rockets it can fire, so where's the ammo coming from? It should only be loaded wwith one ammo type. And if they're smaller rockets, why are they so powerful? Why don't marine missile launchers get these turbo-vehicle-fucker missiles? If they're slightly too big for a marine, why not dreads and hunter killer missles? Why is it D3 rolls on the chart and not just 2D6, pick highest? Where's the elite tracking coming from for the anti-air missiles? Why do they all have different ranges? Is it really fun to spend 50 points on extra ammo to gently caress-harder low-save blobs or mechanicus dudes? Why even give the option to list tailor against Admech? If the Imperium has had weapons that can just turn off entire robot forces since before Unification, why is it only in this extremely underproduced tank?

It's a rotary missile launcher. It should just shoot a bunch of small missiles. I'd say the 8th edition special rule it has is more flavorful anyway, you can fire it normally or go full auto. I don't see why the HH version has remaining stationary be more important to it, it's a Sicaran class tank and is meant to be move and fire. It's not the Enterprise-D where it's choosing to give more power to the phasers or engines.

Having options is very bad. You shouldn't have to make a choice about ammo types, its just a gun. It goes bang.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm stoked for 7.5 and definitely prefer the granularity compared to 8th. It's cool if you like one over the other. They are two different games.

That Sicaran is a motherfucker. All the warhead options are good which blows my mind since usually one of the choices is garbage. The AP4 option is the weakest, but it will erase solar aux and auxiliary hordes. Neutron Flux warheads are a serious gently caress you option to Cibernetica armies. Honestly they are probably too powerful IMO, since it totally fucks those armies. Like, that thing will delete hundreds of points of robots each turn even if they are in cover.

I bet the plasma Sicaran is going to be crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
e:

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 4, 2017