Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Dupe ok armor ingus bsb delita ssb. Not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Ah well, I guess I used up my luck last Lucky Draw.

Hopefully my luck with the FFV banner will be better.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
5/11 on the Lucky Draw.

Fang's Armguards (Fang SSB)
Starseeker (Serah SSB)
Onion Sword (OK SSB) (dupe)
Calcite Staff (CoD BSB)
Sasuke's Blade (Ramza USB)

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

3/11 on the Lucky with Shout, Rapha's Burst and a dupe Chant.

I got my wish for a new Thunder Burst granted (and my Mage Meta is not stopping) and Shout was pretty much a reward to my patience after not pulling on KC2 when it was throwing 12/11s like it was Christmas.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

3/11: OK SSB Staff, Agrias BSB, Hope BSB2. Finally something for Agrias! The next DU has FFT on it one last time right?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

1/11 Nabaat BSB.

So I've got a few dark options...

FFI: Garland SSB/BSB
FFIII: CoD SSB/BSB
FFVII: Sephiroth OSB
FFVIII: Edea SB/BSB
FFIX: Kuja SSB (eh it's an en-dark)
FFX: Jecht BSB
FFXII: Gabranth SB (his armor, maybe SSB?)
FFXIII: Raines SSB
FFT: Gaffgarion BSB, Orlandeau SSB/BSB

Even if it's among the best of the group, the bevy of options available make this feel kinda deflating compared to getting a gamechanger I still lack like OK BSB.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Um, wow. 5/11 :woop: Orlandeau OSB is a dupe but the rest are new.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hooray i've finally claimed onion knight's burst

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

I don't really know why I even bother with realm dungeon luckies.

This time I actually get bursts! ...oh, both dupes. :smith:

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got Hope's BSB2 and Serah's SSB.

I, uh, now own everything that Hope have. I guess I could actually see what his Record Grid is like... and he don't have any Legend Grid yet. They are going to add more, aren't they?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
"I'll pull on the lucky draw, what's the worst that could happen?"

1/11 - Elder Staff(III)

...oh. At least it's not a dupe. Oh wait yes it is. :smith:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Hope is bad in the upcoming USB + honed ability meta because the best magic holy attack is a 4* summon and he is a holy wizard.

That BSB is perfectly serviceable in the meantime if you are running a mage team, but mage teams require multiple stacking magic buffs to be good.

We're getting a 5* 3-hit Holy Summon (IX's Madeen/Mog) and Hope gets an Enholy USB in the next XIII-2 event. So he'll be perfectly fine in about 5 months.

Madeen came with Japan's latest summer stuff, specifically the "Protect the Espers" special event, where you form four unique parties to battle a boss.

Cosmic Afro posted:

I got Hope's BSB2 and Serah's SSB.

I, uh, now own everything that Hope have. I guess I could actually see what his Record Grid is like... and he don't have any Legend Grid yet. They are going to add more, aren't they?

It's 5/6 months or so to the Serah/Noel XIII-2 event where Hope gets his Legend Dive and USB.

His dive is all out on Holy too - Small Holy Damage Up, Dualcast Holy and Start with Enholy for his relic.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Wow everyone and their mom is getting Hope's BSB2.

3/11, one of Snow's SSBs, Ingus' BSB, and Hope's OSB. I really needed an earth BSB plus Hope is one of my best mages (I have both of his BSBs) so I'm pretty happy.

Also continues the trend of all my best mage weapons being everything but rods...

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

pichupal posted:

We're getting a 5* 3-hit Holy Summon (IX's Madeen/Mog) and Hope gets an Enholy USB in the next XIII-2 event. So he'll be perfectly fine in about 5 months.

Madeen came with Japan's latest summer stuff, specifically the "Protect the Espers" special event, where you form four unique parties to battle a boss.

It's 5/6 months or so to the Serah/Noel XIII-2 event where Hope gets his Legend Dive and USB.

His dive is all out on Holy too - Small Holy Damage Up, Dualcast Holy and Start with Enholy for his relic.

That actually sounds real nice, too bad it's this far away. His BSB2 looks kinda nice, but not that amazing, but pretty good for fights that need dispels/slows?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
For anyone excited about Edge and Rosa, the IV event is being delayed a month.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Evil Fluffy posted:

"I'll pull on the lucky draw, what's the worst that could happen?"

1/11 - Elder Staff(III)

...oh. At least it's not a dupe. Oh wait yes it is. :smith:

What up 1/11 Elder Staff dupe buddy. Ah well, can't win them all.

Personally I'm more surprised at my own 0/55 Tactics streak. Another Tactics LD next month... let's see if I can keep it going. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if I actually had anything resembling good Tactics synergy.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Cinnamon Bear posted:

For anyone excited about Edge and Rosa, the IV event is being delayed a month.

Look at the bright side: One More Month to save for that First Banner.

(Sure, I already have enough for my budgeted pull and I'm rather saving for the 30th Anniv. Parade, but I understand those going all out there)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ApplesandOranges posted:

What up 1/11 Elder Staff dupe buddy. Ah well, can't win them all.

Personally I'm more surprised at my own 0/55 Tactics streak. Another Tactics LD next month... let's see if I can keep it going. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if I actually had anything resembling good Tactics synergy.

Considering the ridiculous luck I had on the Cloudy Wolf banner I was due for a lovely 11-pull.

e: So when the 30th anniversary stuff comes for us, do we know if it'll include the 30-pull banner or the 'pick a burst' thing? It'd be nice to grab something like Sephiroth's BSB1 for its def ignore aspect. Though I'm not sure if it'd be worth buying gems. Probably not, but def ignore for stuff like magicite dungeons is probably nice.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 3, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
We don't know if we'll get them. Might not even get the entire 30th fest, they could just turn it to a normal autumn fest. FFI was released in 1990 in NA. Please understand.

Not sure what to do about the gem pull if we get it. I don't really need anything up for grabs while a lot of them would be nice to have. On the other hand I'm still f2p and have spent a ton of time on the game and might as well give them something and get something in return. I would probably pick Raines BSB if I go for it.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
3/11 Ramza USB, Vanille USB, Agrias SSB (the non en-holy one)

Well, lucky draw indeed. None of these are dupes, and once again I have a complete Ramza. Vanille's USB definitely looks more utility focused, and it will serve that role for me since I have her BSB. The Agrias SSB is just nice for not being a dupe and giving her another +10 ATK.

I was leaning heavily before today on the idea of making Ramza my next full LD, and I think I pretty much gotta have the ability to make his sweet sweet buffs last even longer.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

paperwind posted:

Well, lucky draw indeed. None of these are dupes, and once again I have a complete Ramza. Vanille's USB definitely looks more utility focused, and it will serve that role for me since I have her BSB. The Agrias SSB is just nice for not being a dupe and giving her another +10 ATK.

I was leaning heavily before today on the idea of making Ramza my next full LD, and I think I pretty much gotta have the ability to make his sweet sweet buffs last even longer.

If you have his USB and Shout, yes, Legend Dive him and juggle those buffs!

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I've been on a garbage pull streak of late, only getting a non-dupe no-SSB in something like one 11 draw out of the last eight. Given that of course wasn't expecting much here with this LD but what do you know, two five stars. Beats 1/11 at least.

I recognize Luneth's Gungnir and immediately decide that this was a great pull, a BSB! Another is some jacket I don't recognize, probably SSB. No, the jacket is Snow BSB. I upgrade the "great pull" to "amazing pull".

Let's inspect the goods. Gungnir is a + wind spear and the jacket is a + ice light armor. Let's make that a "spectacular pull".

Okay, so what about what I've already got vs. what this brings.

Gungnir:
-My first spear, making Luneth my first Dragoon.
-First wind physical BSB
-Enwind, probably a pretty god drat good Sky High user
-The actual SB sounds pretty good but didn't check multipliers or anything
-I already had a no SB Luneth at 99 for the XP RM so it's not going to take a lot of effort to get him going

Snow BSB:
-First actual monk relic, making Snow my first Monk
-First ice BSB overall
-Oh god it has party wide Last Stand
-That's my first Last Stand
-That Last Stand can be Lifesiphoned and spammed out
-I dunno the SB sounds okay too

Let's upgrade that to a "holy loving poo poo what the christ" pull.

Always pull sometimes except when you shouldn't maybe?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Lucky Draw was simple but amazing and effective: Orlandu OSB (my first one :toot:) and Mustadio BSB. I never need another FFT relic again, but gently caress it, I'm gonna whale out on Marche 1 anyway.

It's also the only Light Armor with +Ice, if memory serves, which is good if you get Edea or Squall their murder modes. The CMD2 is a selfish Hand of the Emperor buff, so it makes Snow a little bit more self-sufficient.

Evil Fluffy posted:

So when's the next banner with decent FF2 relics? Because holy hell this lack of FF2 synergy gear sucks.

If "decent" is what you're going for, someone already pointed out when the Scott event is, which should be in about a month and a half? It's got some good prizes there - Minwu USB is basically The Most Healing You Will Ever Get, Gordon's USB is pretty good and as noted, most of the FF2 bursts are solid. On the other hand, if you want a banner as good as that one in the last event with Maria's BSB and OSB on the same banner, you're not gonna get one. Even that event has its stinkers and honestly is only there for synergy or chasing for your faves.

FF2's banners are coasting entirely on the Mote and Torment CMs to generate funds, I feel like. The synergy has no use outside of those - FF2 is tapped out until they decide to do Dawn of Souls, and there's no realm with fewer events (outside of the fringe Beyond/Type 0 stuff which could actually see dungeon updates eventually). Hell, thanks to Mobius, FF1 gets more events than 2 does. In addition, they keep bringing out bad/outdated stuff - even Firion's USB (not in this event, surprisingly, but I think in the anniversary fest) is basically designed around already having his BSB, and even then it's built on spamming the CMD1, aka the not good command.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Aug 3, 2017

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

paperwind posted:

So jealous of this as I would have also completed Ramza and been well on my way to finishing Vanille and Agrias up. Oh well. Still had with what I got.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

1/11: ANother white mage BSB are you serious

I have:

Selphie BSB
Aeris BSB
Yshtola BSB
Vanille BSB
Arc BSB

I bet there are more I'm forgetting about. I had the same problem with SSBs, I think I had 4 white mage SSBs before I got any others.

On the plus side the WHM nightmares were very easy

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I got a poo poo 1/11 TGC SSB. Not a dupe and my first relic for him but ehhhh. Seems like they're replacing the IV event this month with some mysterious global exclusives for.. new players.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I pulled and got Gaffgarion's BSB, which is good since I needed another asskicker for when I'm not running tauntaliate.

Now I'm running into needing too many memory crystals and not enough places to get them outside of new events

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

1/11 Nabaat SSB. Not a dupe, so ok.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Finally got Cid Raines BSB. Totally worth it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
1/11 CoD SSB.

Not a dupe and it's a dark+ armor, so not bad.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think I posted my draw, but I earlier I wound up with TGCid OSB (my third copy of it), Cid Raines OSB, and Sazh's +ATK/MBlink SSB. I'm alright with it, its a nice Mage stat stick, and the +dark all realms means Cid will be wearing it for a long while. And I guess Sazh will make my XIII CMs much easier.

I mostly find it funny because I got 2 different Cid's OSBs, and of all the 6*s in III/XIII/T, the only one I had was Saintly Excalibur. And of course I get another. I got my first in a 100 gem, the second in a lucky draw, and now a third in a lucky draw. Cid won't leave me the gently caress alone.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

And I guess Sazh will make my XIII CMs much easier.

Honestly, Choco-Chick is underrated. It's a Shout-level boost (so it plays real well with OK BSB or Rikku USB) and a wrathable mblink/hi-regen. Maybe not meta-defining, but still a super solid chunk of kit.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Even with cloud usb I am severely under geared for this d300 CMx3. I have a grand total of 3 ff2 relics and one of them is josefs suicide boostga

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

summoners with titan and tritoch do a number on those gigases

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Even for someone new, meh? At least one of my DPS dudes wont have to wear a tiara anymore... :unsmith:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Nabaat's BSB is one of the best for enabling dark teams, granted that's the most narrow element to build a team around and can be a bit of a pain.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oof, lucky draw was 1/11, Serah's SSB. Would have preferred a dupe at that point, honestly, this thing isn't even a useful stat stick.

Also, are we ever getting more job motes? I have so many drat thieves that I want to give Mug Bloodlust access to, and I screwed up used my last motes on Yuffie instead of Zidane, since I probably use him a lot more and he has a legend dive / can be brought along for all the absurd Cloud USB + Wind Team shenanigans.

Missing that dumb 5 Dooms event feels like it has held me back more than anything else I missed in this game by coming into it like a year+ later than everyone else.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
5 dooms having restricted/gated currency like that and not reappearing is an anomaly in FFRK-land

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
2/11 - dupe OK Gauntlets (meh, at least it's FF3 synergy), Ingus BSB.

I haven't been able to get a single relic for Luneth though :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Nabaat's BSB is one of the best for enabling dark teams, granted that's the most narrow element to build a team around and can be a bit of a pain.

Hm well Jecht and Seifer are my two main DPS right now so maybe it could be useful later, good to know

• Locked thread