Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/892945220270247937

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

Sure, she had a few things going for her -- more than most: She managed to graduate from Harvard University in three years with no debt and some savings. She also landed a very high-paying job in finance that came with a six-figure income that increased exponentially over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwvVhXItl1w

right from the start i knew she was trouble

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

im sure itll go to a cardinal whos been """""not""""" campaigning for it for years/decades

fixing that would be easily the most remarkable—maybe not most difficult or consequential, but remarkable for sure—reform p-franks could achieve

i get a strong sense francis' impact as a pope strongly depends on who comes next

i guess we'll see!!

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Admiral Ray posted:

that's cause they ain't actually catholic, they're just in it for the name recognition

Nah they got mass evary Sunday and tithe and don't let their kids date noncatlicks

They catlick af

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Was his first call to Australia the one where he got grumpy and basically hung up?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

... a raspberry pi?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

GobiasIndustries posted:

Was his first call to Australia the one where he got grumpy and basically hung up?

ya he boasted about how bigly he won and said AUS was gonna export the next Boston Bombers before calling the PM dumb and abruptly hanging up

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

i get a strong sense francis' impact as a pope strongly depends on who comes next

i guess we'll see!!

not much of the hitler youth left, theyll have to dig deep

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Free TV hack; get a gf/bf with a good job and their own place and mooch till you die

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i also would never bet against the catholic church knowing how to realign itself to survive

its been doin it for a long time

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

yes cos he thought the capital L Liberals were little l liberals

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MariusLecter posted:

Free TV hack; get a gf with a good job and her own place and mooch till you die

hey stop stealing my ideas

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Lowering your rent by adding another roommate, [or] saying you'll only meet friends for brunch, coffee or drinks (as opposed to more expensive dinners), "that will keep paying off for you year after year."

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Free TV hack; get a gf/bf with a good job and their own place and mooch till you die

hey do u have a good job

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

im just curious

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tom Gorman posted:

ya he boasted about how bigly he won and said AUS was gonna export the next Boston Bombers before calling the PM dumb and abruptly hanging up

lol I forgot it had to do with immigration

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

life hack, punch turdfuzz and u'll feel better

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

remember when the first thing Trump did as POTUS was acknowledge the sovereignty of Taiwan?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Yinlock posted:

Gahaha

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the gently caress, i used an antenna in my bedroom at one point i'm pretty sure, how are people surprised they (still) exist

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

MariusLecter posted:

gently caress ur way to the top

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

i guess we'll see!!

i kinda suspect the reason hes said he doesnt plan to die on the throne is that having him there even metaphorically looking over not only the election process but the next popes first few years will give him a better chance of securing a proper legacy ie lasting reforms

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

lol way ahead of you

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

do TVs even have antenna ports anymore or do they use some new standard that isn't the coax thing they used to

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

the gorilla mindset

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

we switched to ps vue and it's fine so far

at&t has a decent deal for directv now if you get certain mobile plans but i don't think it's as good, though i remember doing the trial a few months ago and it was ok so i dunno

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

remember when the first thing Trump did as POTUS was acknowledge the sovereignty of Taiwan?

"gently caress you china, I'M GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE TAIWAN"

*ww3 music*

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

do TVs even have antenna ports anymore or do they use some new standard that isn't the coax thing they used to

they still have coax and the new ones are the thin wafer panels like the moku leaf et al

i have one stored away because the selection of local stations ain't great so i don't use it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol if you watch TV

My wife recently got into This Is Us and I'm like "if I want to be depressed about societal norms and interactions I'll just live my actual life, no need to watch other people go through that poo poo"

peeonwe posted:

Dey got some guy writing it who wrote the bad Harry Potter thing that came out last year and it has had some development hell I think

Fishers death prolly ped to a bunch of rewrites and supposedly she was supposed to have a bigger role

I mean her son is the main villain so prolly ix had some sort of closure but not now

I knew Fisher's passing was going to be a big hit on it, I don't know who this writer is or what bad Harry Potter thing he did though.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

we have an antenna so we can watch local news because my wife loves it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'd really like to knock my cell phone plan down a bit because i'm on home wifi 95% of the time, but i think i'm mostly stuck with at&t because it's likely the best service in the area and all the mvnos are poo poo

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

tired

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've been with ATT for like 20 years now, since they had just switched to Cingular, and never been late on a payment so I can call them up and act like a king and they put up with me and give me whatever I want

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

i'd really like to knock my cell phone plan down a bit because i'm on home wifi 95% of the time, but i think i'm mostly stuck with at&t because it's likely the best service in the area and all the mvnos are poo poo

I'm grandfathered into an ATT unlimited text/data plan for like 100/mo, so I'm not changing for a while.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Haha people believing a "lol look at melennials, not smart like us boomers" articles. Yeah the kids don't know ONE WEIRD TRICK FOR FREE TV instead of not watching that bullshit cause it's network bullshit and then some Andy Griffith EPs.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Im watching 60s batman and a girl just fell in to the batcaves nuclear reactor what the gently caress

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
what mixes best with powerade condition zero? whiskey seems like a risk

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Andy Griffith was a good show. Aunt Bee was the proto-Tea Party in that one episode where she ran against Howard. She got rekt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

America is a very good S+G song but the Yes version is the best one.

this is up there with trbamp is bad for truest statements in the entire thread

• Locked thread