Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I wasn't feeling the hair in that very first image, but he looks a lot better in the transformation video and oh my god the plastic model effects, this is going to be great even if it sucks.

EDIT: As great as it would be to have a Rabbit Tank named Usagi, the actual trailer confirms his name is Kiryu Sento.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
So just out of curiosity: is RTA particularly good Ex-Aid subs? I've been going with Excite simply because it's what I found first and for consistency's sake, but the show's good enough for me to do a rewatch if RTA's not garbage.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've liked them so far.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/RiderLOVEcast/status/892674615637676032

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I wasn't feeling the hair in that very first image, but he looks a lot better in the transformation video and oh my god the plastic model effects, this is going to be great even if it sucks.

EDIT: As great as it would be to have a Rabbit Tank named Usagi, the actual trailer confirms his name is Kiryu Sento.

The level of theme combination is already at Gaim levels. So I hope they learned their lesson from that in regards to direction and character development.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
guys

there's motorcycle combat

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as opposed to maybe riding a motorcycle once or twice before dropping the whole thing? a good change.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God I hope they keep the motorcycle fighting.

They likely won't, it's some of the most dangerous stuntwork you can get, but it'd be so nice.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kD5BEnvW4g

That belt voice is pretty good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want to be a belt voice when I grow up.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Whoa hey is that the guy who played Nagase in Amazons?

This week's episode of Ex-Aid was great, and I love that they're continuing to use video game logic to solve their problems. Make sure to save your game!

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Whoa hey is that the guy who played Nagase in Amazons?

Yeah, I've seen a cast listing confirming its him, and he turned in a pretty solid performance in Amazons. He was probably my favorite new character in Amazon's S2 considering:
A) His character growth into a better person who's pretty freaking committed to his ideals...
B) The time he took down Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha by fumbling around with a shotgun and sheer balls.
My headcanon is that he goes on to be a heck of an activist for something after the series is over.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

PMush Perfect posted:

Maybe now I can get someone to watch Gundam Build Fighters!

:negative: I'll never get anyone to watch Gundam Build Fighters.

Anyone who didn't watch Build Fighters already doesn't deserve to watch Build Fighters

Is it confirmed anywhere that Nagase's actor is going to be the dragon Rider? His name kinda spells it out, but I don't think anyone has said "Yeah, it's him" yet

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

OnimaruXLR posted:

Anyone who didn't watch Build Fighters already doesn't deserve to watch Build Fighters

Is it confirmed anywhere that Nagase's actor is going to be the dragon Rider? His name kinda spells it out, but I don't think anyone has said "Yeah, it's him" yet

He probably is, but we have no confirmation of that yet.

Also people should watch Build Fighters and if you haven't yet, you should fix it. Build Fighters accepts everyone that wants to watch it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GBF Tri isn't as good, even though there's a few moments of true greatness in there.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
oh my god. Every episode, I find a new reason to say, "SHIN Dan Kuroto is a precious treasure". This guy is such a fun actor.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kiriya's been a great straight man to his literal murderer too.

*dan literally dies from overwork*
"what the hell was that"
"yeah that happens" *throws paper plane*

Motto fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 3, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I went down memory lane today regarding toku stuff I've watched and I was reminded of one thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vToLwIEuI8

It's impossible to not get the Shinkenger theme stuck in your head.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PMush Perfect posted:

GBF Tri isn't as good, even though there's a few moments of true greatness in there.

Watch Try for Trion-3 and maybe Star Winning Gundam, ignore the annoying protagonist, boring rivals and standard plot.

Trion-3 is basically the real reason to watch Try regardless of the rest, honestly.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I went down memory lane today regarding toku stuff I've watched and I was reminded of one thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vToLwIEuI8

It's impossible to not get the Shinkenger theme stuck in your head.

Chan chan bara, chanbara~

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

Chan chan bara, chanbara~

CHAN BARA BARA, CHAN BARAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The belt voice is great. I can do without the bottle shaking in the henshin pose, but probably much like Ex-Aid Level 1 it may go away in time. It isn't bad, it just looks silly.

But above all else, my god I love the suit actor for Build. All the poses, he just oozes personality and showboating arrogance. It's like Drive but even better. I hope Sento has that kind of personality too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/GuSTaVauM_/status/892899918641328128

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Magnetic force, Jack!
Nature's force!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

TFRazorsaw posted:

CHAN BARA BARA, CHAN BARAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love that song and how it riffs on Go Go Power Rangers.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
find it really odd that build's trailer is about all this weird plot poo poo when the last two trailers were like "here's a kamen rider show about GHOSTS!" "here's a kamen rider show about DOCTORS and VIDEO GAMES! (and he has a midget form)"

also like how the belt says YAY

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It reminds me of Gaim, honestly. All that stuff about the castle town and dancers vying for territory and so on.

I hope I didn't jinx it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I haven't seen this much unity and clever wordplay in toy/suit theme since...

gently caress. Wizard.

Edit: This is your obligatory reminder that while OT's translation of the Shinkenger theme is a little inelegant, the TVN one is a loving disaster.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 3, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Here was the Power Rangers movie you actually wanted.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ginga is so terrible that I'm thinking of using it as a sleep aid. This idol episode is cliche and done in a really, really boring way. :mad:

And then there was that monster fight last episode! They stayed on the fire-breathing for like a whole minute with the hero jumping up, getting set on fire, and falling over. Complete with that nonsensical writing - "this kid wants to become a photographer so let's set fire to his school --> oh your passion has redeemed me NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS"

I mean

When Exkaiser, the most formulaic mecha show in existence has more clever writing and actually makes its dumb lessons fun than you, then you're doing something really wrong.

(Why am I watching this instead of the latest Geed or Mebius or Return of Ultraman? Because I'm an idiot, it's short - only eleven eps! and Ultraman Victory is really, really cute. I pray the writers get better by the time we hit S. Please.)

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Huh, the actor that played Jin Takayama was also the blue ranger in GoGoV.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cross post

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

Cross post

I'm pretty sure research shows that teenage boys are frequently googling for tit anus, so it's just good marketing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure research shows that teenage boys are frequently googling for tit anus, so it's just good marketing

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i got caught up on ex-aid, and the last few episodes have been amazing. if this keeps up, ex-aid's ending might even rival drive's.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Look at this beautiful bike on bike on bike action.

Also, unused white double Gashat. I'm really curious about what this is.

Ex-Aid has no bike action but has great bike action.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/specialform12/status/893705368051884032

When you think about it, it makes sense, since Build is the last Heisei Rider.

Build is the last Heisei Rider, guys.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Maybe Toei just knows something about the Emperor that we don't.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Caphi posted:

Maybe Toei just knows something about the Emperor that we don't.

The emperor literally will be abdicating. Officially at some point in 2018, so yeah the Heisei generation will be ending soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm still with the crowd who divides it between Heisei and Neo-Heisei, but either way, yeah, something new is starting soon.

• Locked thread