Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Exactly that. Even easier if it's some low streamer who has his handle as his Twitch URL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

Sacriel has always seemed level headed and non-toxic. I just have to turn down the volume due to his constant Britishisms ("u loving wot mate") so that my kid can't hear him, but otherwise he's friendly, helpful, and even when he dies in a lovely way I've never heard him scream hacks or stream sniping. Always "great shot mate". A+++ would recommend.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Hamelekim posted:

But it is a form of cheating. If I know where someone else is based on their view and onscreen map I can kill them more easily than I should be able to.

It's basically a wall hack.

Not even close. If I'm playing poker and the guy across from me decides to show me his hand and I bet accordingly I'm not cheating.

Played the test server just for honks, god it's so much fun. You can just lay on the horn all day long and it's the best. Also got a vss for the first time ever and holy poo poo the bullet drop is crazy. Managed to hit a guy about 400yds out and felt pretty happy about it.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

ChesterJT posted:

Not even close. If I'm playing poker and the guy across from me decides to show me his hand and I bet accordingly I'm not cheating.

If the house says you aren't allowed to look at his hand and bet accordingly, then yes, it is cheating.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
The house is stupid.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

cosmicjim posted:

The problem I have with real life friends is they spend the ENTIRE match looting, so there is no room for fun. I have another friend that just started and we are on the same wave length ( or range of the spectrum) and we duo and have fun and don't spend the entire game looting.

I have started encouraging people to move around more by constantly mentioning that the best way to get loot is to grab a small assortment of ammo and guns, then take other peoples poo poo.
Why loot when someone else already is?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Got farther than I ever have (like #11, I suck at this) and then a dude I didn't see killed me from ten feet away in tall grass. :negative:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The delay on drag looting is being reverted and F-looting is being sped up to match.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Sorry I failed you team, I got impatient at the end.
#2 is vapid and chicken free.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I haven't been following the thread, what's considered the pro method for looting?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

first person is actually pretty fun

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Dropped sub-station with a squad. No less than 6 SKS's in there. 2 or 3 Kar98's as well.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pigbuster posted:

The delay on drag looting is being reverted and F-looting is being sped up to match.

Hah that was quick

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/892929724908838912

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
"Also since looting convenes an unfair advantage over those who don't you will be banned for looting."

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lol who even cares if stream snipers get banned, you really have to go out of your way to do it. it's a dumb rule but it only affects dumb people so it's a wash

the actual game for normal players owns bones

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

OdinsBeard posted:

The real question is, why are your character's eyes in their chest?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

fknlo posted:

Dropped sub-station with a squad. No less than 6 SKS's in there. 2 or 3 Kar98's as well.

That place is tits good, we go there a lot

Zo posted:

lol who even cares if stream snipers get banned, you really have to go out of your way to do it. it's a dumb rule but it only affects dumb people so it's a wash

the actual game for normal players owns bones

nah actually it's extremely likely streamers have been getting random people banned that kill them and it's a stupid rule.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
i played with a group of goons last week that was super chill. We just talked about Vin Diesel and the philosophy of dominic toretto (what would dom do?) while bagging a couple chicken dinner.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

abigserve posted:

That place is tits good, we go there a lot

nah actually it's extremely likely streamers have been getting random people banned that kill them and it's a stupid rule.

I've dropped there a few times but hadn't seen anything like that.

Grimmz has for sure probably gotten completely innocent people that happened to kill him banned. I'm sure the other douchelord streamers have done the same. They shouldn't be banning anyone for it without absolutely concrete evidence of it happening.

I'm still amazed that this old Far Side comic has become reality

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

abigserve posted:

there's actually not a single reported instance of this happening, it's just pure hysteria

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

fknlo posted:

I've dropped there a few times but hadn't seen anything like that.

Grimmz has for sure probably gotten completely innocent people that happened to kill him banned. I'm sure the other douchelord streamers have done the same. They shouldn't be banning anyone for it without absolutely concrete evidence of it happening.

I'm still amazed that this old Far Side comic has become reality

pu says they have pretty reliable data and don't just ban based on a bunch of people spamming reports which is good enough for me, unless there's evidence to the contrary

https://twitter.com/PLAYERUNKNOWN/status/891315798488240128

let's not forget that the original guy who started this was discovered to have stream screenshots bragging about stream sniping summit, and also had a vac ban on his account lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Zo posted:

there's actually not a single reported instance of this happening, it's just pure hysteria

Well there is this incident: http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-studio-promises-changes-to-ban-system-after-stream-sniping-uproar/

But the pubg devs say they can prove the banned player joined and rejoined lobbies until they got the same lobby as summit.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
It's bizarre that they have to make a rule about stream sniping in the first place. It's an absurdly fixable problem, even a minor delay would solve 99 percent of potential stream sniping issues.

Games shouldn't make specific rules and guidelines to protect certain players over others

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
game dev spends time and money making sure that nothing hampers the experience of a precious few dumb rich teenagers

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I like watching myself play pubg, live.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I did a couple of cool things tonight.

http://plays.tv/video/5982a42eeb6aa0c4cf/lucky-guess-
http://plays.tv/video/5982a551d55aed0057/kar-from-above

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Last round my friends and I dropped hoping to find a car only to have multiple groups around us doing the same, spent the whole game with no meds or boosts , only looting off of people we killed. Got to the last circle with two other teams only to get dropped. One of the more fun rounds because we we're so aggressive with lovely gear and virtually no ammo.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Just put on Grimmmz stream and people are stream honking him haha. Basically driving near him honking constantly so he cant hear a thing. Of course the mods in his chat are suggesting they get a ban because they're still following him through the stream so it's technically stream sniping...

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Horns are 100% the best part of this patch.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Put me down for another recommendation for chocoTaco. He knows what he's doing, and is extremely chill.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Just Chamber posted:

Just put on Grimmmz stream and people are stream honking him haha. Basically driving near him honking constantly so he cant hear a thing. Of course the mods in his chat are suggesting they get a ban because they're still following him through the stream so it's technically stream sniping...

Yeah they were doing it Ninja and Doc earlier too. They were a few blatant incidents later on but there's a few at the start where Ninja called stream sniper right away and it ended up being a dude just loving around with the horn because he drove past them and off into the distance just blasting it lol.

Ninja was on a bit of a streak with it today so maybe he had a bad morning. He accused a team of stream sniping because they blew up a bike ahead of him and Doc; who were deep in the blue as they didn't find a vehicle. Ninja somehow managed to forget that Doc and him had lit that car up as it passed them so these guys just did it to spite the team on foot in the blue that shot at them.

HppyCmpr fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 3, 2017

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
No point in even playing the game tonight on the test server. The lag is impossible to deal with. People pop into existence in the middle of hallways before I die instantly. I really hope it's just the test servers being crap and it isn't indicative of the new patch coming out.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Bold Robot posted:

How do you even know a streamer is in your game to stream snipe him? I guess just pay a lot of attention to the little kill feed?

The game posts your info bottom center, to include the game version and match code.

fletcher posted:

If the house says you aren't allowed to look at his hand and bet accordingly, then yes, it is cheating.

Yeah, but the house can't stop the other person from showing their hand, and by showing their hand, they cannot--with absolute certainty--accuse you of looking without reasonable doubt.

Low Desert Punk posted:

ok, yeah, but consider this: all streamers should be banned imo

If this implies live streaming without delay, then I will have to agree.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mistle posted:

Yeah, but the house can't stop the other person from showing their hand, and by showing their hand, they cannot--with absolute certainty--accuse you of looking without reasonable doubt.

They could check the cameras for evidence. There's nothing really stopping Bluehole from saving the replays of all matches for x number of days. They get a report and then easily pull up the replay based on the round hash visible in screenshots & videos. They watch the replay and look for some telltale signs that make it obvious they are stream sniping, and then deliver the ban. Once a name like Grimmmz shows up in the kill feed and you see somebody beeline across the map straight towards him, it would be pretty obvious.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

fletcher posted:

They could check the cameras for evidence. There's nothing really stopping Bluehole from saving the replays of all matches for x number of days. They get a report and then easily pull up the replay based on the round hash visible in screenshots & videos. They watch the replay and look for some telltale signs that make it obvious they are stream sniping, and then deliver the ban. Once a name like Grimmmz shows up in the kill feed and you see somebody beeline across the map straight towards him, it would be pretty obvious.

It would be extremely suspicious, but is not proof. It has been reiterated over and over it is pretty much impossible to prove stream sniping. Outside of the player admitting it or sending a screenshot of him with the stream open it is not 100%.

In your example, he could have heard a far off shot and saw in the kill feed it was grimmmz, so he decides to beeline for the shot to try to kill him. I've killed grimmmz two games in a row just because we are in the same mmr bracket and I drop hotzones close to the plane. It's not really inconceivable that I would run into him over and over again. Over the course of a day I can't even count how many streamers are in my games.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Mistle posted:

The game posts your info bottom center, to include the game version and match code.

If you really want to there's a lot of ways to find streamers but if they use an overlay and don't announce when they're queuing or what server it's much harder to get into a game with them; not impossible.

For example there are ESP Hacks and I believe you can use those to display names above players heads as if everyone was in your squad; allowing you to server jump in an effort to get into a game with specific person.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Linstar posted:

It would be extremely suspicious, but is not proof. It has been reiterated over and over it is pretty much impossible to prove stream sniping. Outside of the player admitting it or sending a screenshot of him with the stream open it is not 100%.

In your example, he could have heard a far off shot and saw in the kill feed it was grimmmz, so he decides to beeline for the shot to try to kill him. I've killed grimmmz two games in a row just because we are in the same mmr bracket and I drop hotzones close to the plane. It's not really inconceivable that I would run into him over and over again. Over the course of a day I can't even count how many streamers are in my games.

they have logs of people joining/leaving lobbies a million times to get into streamer lobbies and from there its very obvious if you stalk them all game

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Linstar posted:

It would be extremely suspicious, but is not proof.

You are right, and those are all valid points. I think it could be mitigated by not relying on a single report though. If there is a history of very questionable incidents, then I think it would be easier to avoid false positives.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

they have logs of people joining/leaving lobbies a million times to get into streamer lobbies and from there its very obvious if you stalk them all game

That could be explained by just wanting to play in the same game with a streamer to kill them, but not necessarily actively watching their stream to follow their movements. Yeah I agree with you it's suspicious, but there is still doubt. If you are going to ban someone you better be certain.

The whole banning for stream sniping thing is stupid in the first place. Every other company just says it's the streamers responsibility to deal with it, as it should be. The tweet in regards to that player is bullshit anyways. He was banned within 20 minutes of it happening. You think a community team is able to sift through hundreds of reports, find conclusive evidence, and dish out a ban that fast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
grims is a child and a tremendous

• Locked thread