Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

DrManiac posted:

gently caress this game.

I'm going on the third week of not being able to ascend my waver because I can't get a single monument to drop.

Spent 5 gold apples trying to farm the 4 gold zerker monuments I need to get Vlad to ASC3.... 1 dropped but 7 rider ones dropped :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nerofest ultimately required 3 gold apples used at various points but I was finally able to get everything of note in the shop. Hoo-Ray.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Is there any reason to use Prototype Cu Chulainn over the standard one if you have both?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Because if you use Caster Cu you get Team Chulainn and Wickerman dual wields Gae Bolgs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hope tank artroria is Riyo's 5* unit

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I demand Paul Bunyan be added to NA right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJuLbKM2R_Y

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
There are five hours left in this event and I barely managed to get my 30 stones together. Do I roll!?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Do you actually like UMU or anyone else in the current rateup?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That depends on how far away you think it'll be until Gil comes around again, since my main goal is to make the full FSN crew and he's the last I need.

I'd like Atilla more than Nero but ahahahaha.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pierson posted:

That depends on how far away you think it'll be until Gil comes around again, since my main goal is to make the full FSN crew and he's the last I need.

Probably New Years? They usually do a bunch of popular limited 1-day rate ups around then, and in Japan the first new years rate-up set included Gil.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got all the ascension items :^)

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Pierson posted:

There are five hours left in this event and I barely managed to get my 30 stones together. Do I roll!?

All of the rate up characters are available in the story or Friend point banners. Pull if you want to, but none of the characters are limited.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Pierson posted:

I did a casual 10-roll cause why not and got fuckin nothing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Finished the event too, just in time.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Well played DW now Paul being 1 star makes sense.
https://i.imgur.com/M5MNucZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Got the one Snake Jewel I needed to ascend Gil, and I got to ascend Vlad, Medea, and Ushi, so I'm happy with how this event turned out. And got Nero as a bonus.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Got everything except exp. used two apples to max out the craft essence. Not too shabby.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Managed to get all the ascension/skill mats and two of the Nero CEs. Sadly I only had two CE drops during the event, so I'm one short of having it maxed.

I really hope future events actually have some story to them.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

And it's over. I didn't bother to get the two gold medal CEs, since a second CE never dropped in any of my battles, so I could never get it to a full limit breakthrough anyway. I did get the silver medal CE, just because I had enough silver medals.

Did everyone get what they wanted from this event?

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Same, I ended up not bothering with the gold medal CEs. Though I had a string of 3 missions where I got 3 serpent jewels in a row, that's the only real memorable thing that happened.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got an Altera during it so nothing else matters.

Now I just need 11 monuments to max her out

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Sophism posted:

Managed to get all the ascension/skill mats and two of the Nero CEs. Sadly I only had two CE drops during the event, so I'm one short of having it maxed.

I really hope future events actually have some story to them.

A lot of the events tend to be Carnival Phantasm level silly in terms of story meaning very few are "serious" so to speak. And even in the serious events, there's silliness one way or another.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Compendium posted:

A lot of the events tend to be Carnival Phantasm level silly in terms of story meaning very few are "serious" so to speak. And even in the serious events, there's silliness one way or another.

I'm perfectly fine with that, since we're probably never getting a second season.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Didn't get Nero, so there's that.
Emptied out the store though.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Compendium posted:

That's fine but there is story right? I don't care if the story is Mata Hari decides to buy Mozart a hearing aid. I just want some reason to murder zombie dragon King Louie besides we're doing a tournament so whatevs.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Soylentbits posted:

That's fine but there is story right? I don't care if the story is Mata Hari decides to buy Mozart a hearing aid. I just want some reason to murder zombie dragon King Louie besides we're doing a tournament so whatevs.

As an example, the story for the Christmas event is that we deliver presents to other Servants with Santa Alter. It goes about as well as you think.

Like, beyond that, I'm trying not to spoil things.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Every event after noon viewing has full cutscenes, and 2016 summer even had varied cutscenes depending on what you built on waifu island.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wasn't able to snag Gil during the last event, I wasn't able to get Nero during this one.

I am penniless with little to show for it. The waifus have abandoned me.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That just means you must love and raise the waifus you already have and were there all along

or something

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Compendium posted:

That just means you must love and raise the waifus you already have and were there all along

or something

I have Lancer. Lancer is good. He will never abandon me.:smith:

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
Was able to snag Nero, 1 CE, and ascend Lancelot, Marie, and Medusa. Just need the statues now to have Medusa fully ascended. That is going to be the real grind since it's only 2 days a week.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It remains to be seen when it will be, but one of the things you can buy with event currency in the Moon Goddess event is Rider monuments (along with Assassin and Archer). Something to keep in mind as you throw AP at something with such abysmal drop rates that is the Duel dailies.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Edison and Tesla are next up on the Buff list.

Edison's NP does more damage (not that anyone actually uses his NP for damage) and adds an ATK Down component.
Tesla's Natural Genius skill increases his NP Damage+ to 3 turns and adds an ATK Buff for 3 turns.

Illya sits in a corner and cries.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 3, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

It remains to be seen when it will be, but one of the things you can buy with event currency in the Moon Goddess event is Rider monuments (along with Assassin and Archer). Something to keep in mind as you throw AP at something with such abysmal drop rates that is the Duel dailies.

And the event after that will carry the other class pieces and monuments.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Can any other JP players remember if Nightingale has ever gotten a solo rate-up? She's one of the few servants i still really, really want, and the current Holmes gacha is the first time i can remember seeing her on a rate-up outside of the America launch gacha, even if she shares this rate-up with 3 other 5-stars

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She has never been on a solo rateup outside of the first gacha for America

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

Can any other JP players remember if Nightingale has ever gotten a solo rate-up? She's one of the few servants i still really, really want, and the current Holmes gacha is the first time i can remember seeing her on a rate-up outside of the America launch gacha, even if she shares this rate-up with 3 other 5-stars

According to this compilation of rateup banners from 4chan, no I don't see her anywhere other than her initial America rateup.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I allowed myself to get baited by Nightingale and came out of it with Rama and two Edisons

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good pulls imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

Good pulls imo

Yeah, i can't really complain, plus i finally got a 5th copy of Formalcraft so i can LB it