Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
edit: God drat it I posted this in the wrong thread, but I might as well leave it it. It isn't 100% out of place. I am referencing Splatoon 2 here:

I don't normally like shooters at all, but goddamn if this game isn't fun as hell. I rented it to give it a try and I will be purchasing it immediately when I return the game. I'm only a level 13 player right now, but I'm really enjoying the the multiplayer game and collecting weapons and gear. I'm excited to re-roll my powerups or abilities or whatever on those soon too. I've only barely played Salmon Run or the solo Canyon poo poo, but those seem really cool as well. League Gear and Ranked Play will neat to check out too. Do most of you stay out of those last two, or are they pretty legit? I haven't tried yet, but hopefully I can get to a B- with ease. Is Turf War the best mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's subjective but I prefer ranked. I only play turf war during splatfests or if friends want to after unlocking ranked.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

Thanks for responding. How long after the splatfest does my shirt disappear? It seems like I can abuse the shirt a bit to get faster and cheaper new abilities after wiping the slate for less than the usual 20k.

Which ranked gameplay are you doing then?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

rogue wave posted:

Thanks for responding. How long after the splatfest does my shirt disappear? It seems like I can abuse the shirt a bit to get faster and cheaper new abilities after wiping the slate for less than the usual 20k.

Which ranked gameplay are you doing then?

The Splatfest shirt is gone as soon as Splatfest concludes.

I just play whichever ranked mode is in rotation. I like all three modes equally.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I definitely need to make my 20k real fast then and buy the ability to turn all four of those slots into ability chunks to reuse and then repeat that cycle a few more times.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

rogue wave posted:

I definitely need to make my 20k real fast then and buy the ability to turn all four of those slots into ability chunks to reuse and then repeat that cycle a few more times.

Why 20k? It only costs 2k for that shirt.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone heard anything about Slime-san? It drops here tomorrow and the trailer looks neat but I have heard literally nothing about it.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

a7m2 posted:

Why 20k? It only costs 2k for that shirt.

I mean without the splatfest shirt, it costs 20,000 to free up the ability chunks usually. The spatfest tee is when it is suddenly only 2k (or some smaller number). Praise jesus

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

rogue wave posted:

I mean without the splatfest shirt, it costs 20,000 to free up the ability chunks usually. The spatfest tee is when it is suddenly only 2k (or some smaller number). Praise jesus

Oh hey, that explains a lot, and is probably on purpose.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Speaking of ability chunks, are Crusty Sean's drinks available in the game yet or is that another future feature?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Yeah, drink tickets are sometimes the 600 point "super bonus" from salmon run some days. You get like like 3 tickets from one capsule

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there ever going to be a smash game for the switch?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Turtlicious posted:

Nope. Never.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Absolutely. FlingSmash 2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Turtlicious posted:

Yes. It'll probably be an enhanced version of the Wii U one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I don't think Smash games usually come out early in a Nintendo console's life cycle.

There's some pretty predictable patterns to them; early on is a crapshoot, and apparently now the last gen's Zelda and some new odd stuff, some franchise spinoffs, a main line Mario within the first year if they're not stupid. Smash Bros games so far seem to come out after a year or two, especially when there's hot new IP to advertise. Later in the life cycle you start seeing main line Kirby games, and Pokemon on the portables. (which may now include the Switch) And lately, a Zelda game that may end up ported to the next console.

Dunno what they might do with the new Smash, maybe a proper single player mode again if only because Smash Run was a pretty meh use of assets. Splatoon characters are a given, see the old joke about Nintendo making new IPs just to have new characters for Smash Bros.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah absolutely lol

I think the big question is whether it's a Smash 4 + DLC type port or a new game. There have been really big engine changes between every single smash game and they play very differently so maybe this time they do a "Smash 5" that is still using the 4 engine too.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

You can play that Rabbid / Mario Mashup if you're really thirsty. It's a very different sort of fighting gameplay though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:effort:

I don't really understand if the game is ready why they're delaying the physical release. I know that manufacturing etc can take time but still.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess I'm just regretting trading all my Wii U / Wii poo poo for a switch with only 3 games, hahaha, of course those 3 games rock super duper hard.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Don't sell/trade in your consoles unless you are absolutely sure you don't want to use them again

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

He doesn't speak to them he just sucks them off

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A Sometimes Food posted:

Anyone heard anything about Slime-san? It drops here tomorrow and the trailer looks neat but I have heard literally nothing about it.

Here's like a 48 minute preview from GameXplain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17c1262y5TE

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

irlZaphod posted:

:effort:

I don't really understand if the game is ready why they're delaying the physical release. I know that manufacturing etc can take time but still.

Quite possibly because they aren't confident in it selling, so they're releasing the cheaper way first to gauge interest?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NISAinEurope/status/893064011364913152
Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle physical release is up for pre-order in Europe. Release 13th of October.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

people really weren't exaggerating about Switch getting mad anime games

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

How about some actual non-spinoff Touhou games tho

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inescapable Duck posted:

I don't think Smash games usually come out early in a Nintendo console's life cycle.

There's some pretty predictable patterns to them; early on is a crapshoot, and apparently now the last gen's Zelda and some new odd stuff, some franchise spinoffs, a main line Mario within the first year if they're not stupid. Smash Bros games so far seem to come out after a year or two, especially when there's hot new IP to advertise. Later in the life cycle you start seeing main line Kirby games, and Pokemon on the portables. (which may now include the Switch) And lately, a Zelda game that may end up ported to the next console.

Dunno what they might do with the new Smash, maybe a proper single player mode again if only because Smash Run was a pretty meh use of assets. Splatoon characters are a given, see the old joke about Nintendo making new IPs just to have new characters for Smash Bros.

Worth noting that Kirby's hitting the Switch early next year, so they're subverting their usual modus operandi a little bit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

lelandjs posted:

Worth noting that Kirby's hitting the Switch early next year, so they're subverting their usual modus operandi a little bit.

Which Kirby? Spinoffs like Epic Yarn and the clay one often come out early.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Inescapable Duck posted:

A real 2D Platformer kirby was announced for 2018 at E3, same as Yoshi

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Inescapable Duck posted:

It's definitely a mainline title.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Oh right, I forgot about that one. Mighta been partway through Wii U development.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

RVWinkle posted:

I haven't really had time to test it to verify but the NES30 Pro has some issues that really annoy me. It doesn't stay synched when you power off the controller or the switch and you have to spend 10 minutes fiddling around to get it to work every time. That's assuming that the tiny battery didn't die overnight and you have to spend an hour of your limited time charging it up. I can't even use it to power up the console that I normally leave docked so it becomes a tedious process to get it working every time you want to play. The flashing lights surrounding the controller blink constantly too.

Are you turning it on with the right button presses? As long as I hold power-Y to turn the NES30 Pro on, and my Switch is already on, the controller gets picked up instantly. Your battery sounds like it might be bad, shouldn't be dying overnight unless you're leaving it almost dead when you stop. But yeah, you can't wake the Switch up with it, and not much you can do about the LEDs either.

Manky fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 3, 2017

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Turtlicious posted:

Probably, we just don't know when or what. A lot of people think Smash 4 port, but there hasn't really been any significant Smash ports/re-releases outside of 1 VC release, and it may be people clinging to old rumors. As far as Sakurai's patterns go, he seemed to be doing 1 Smash game -> 1 Non-Smash game or 2 -> Smash game after Melee, so maybe he'd first come out with something else.

It is worth noting that Sakurai doesn't think he'll work on the new one. Normally this kind of statement doesn't mean much, but Sakurai still had that injury of his for a while so it may not be an act.

Inescapable Duck posted:

The only spinoffs that came out early were Canvas Curse and (if it counts) Nightmare in Dreamland. All the other spinoffs came out years after their console came out.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
There's not really any meaningful evidence that we're getting a Smash 4 port, either, is there? Except that it seems like there's demand for it since nobody had a Wii U :v:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

There's not really any meaningful evidence that we're getting a Smash 4 port, either, is there? Except that it seems like there's demand for it since nobody had a Wii U :v:

That and the two Wii U titles to already get "DX" Switch ports (Mario Kart, Pokken)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Youtube when?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don't expect Smash to be announced until Pokemon is out, or almost out. It's what they'll use to stoke the fire.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So the 2168-0002 error keeps happening at least everyday still. Called into Nintendo and my Switch is being sent out for repairs :sigh: so much for the first Splatfest for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

We were spoiled by Melee being basically a launch game and every Smash game will have that hanging over their heads for all time.

• Locked thread