Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He was probably a sweaty smelly guy and didn't clean very well when he pooped. They don't teach you that in bible studies about how much Jesus would stand out on a smell scale riding a bus today but you could probably smell his butt like 3 seats back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

He was probably a sweaty smelly guy and didn't clean very well when he pooped. They don't teach you that in bible studies about how much Jesus would stand out on a smell scale riding a bus today but you could probably smell his butt like 3 seats back

How dare you imply our lord's butt-holy was anything but immaculate!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
He wasn't hairy at least. Jesus shaves.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aesop Poprock posted:

What? No dude. A 115lb male wrestler against a female wrestler of the same weight would utterly destroy her

You could have weight-class equivalents for men and women, like men in this range can face women in that range. There are definitely workarounds if it was something people wanted to do.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

May as well give the women a knife and keep the weight classes even then.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Even forgetting ability, the world has generationally supported a caste of male athletes for so long, that in every scenario of combining the leagues it always results in "there aren't any women in the top whatever# of players".

There's just that many more men in the events.

This goes for even the events that don't rely on physical ability, IE chess-like or whatever. There's just that many more men that have such a head start they're won't be any women in the big leagues.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Man, imagine how bad he smelled up on the cross!

Bet the two guys next to him had to whiff in some divine BO right before they died.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
One of Jesus's lesser known miracles was turning his BO into Axe Body Spray.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

One of Jesus's lesser known miracles was turning his BO into Axe Body Spray.

man say what you will i don't think he smelled that bad though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

"People have done worse" is the worst argument possible.

Former East German athletes have been committing suicide and dying in agony en masse for years now that their substance abuse caught up with them. And it is made worse by the fact they didn't even have a choice, they either took the dope, or they were prevented from competing. No reason to believe matters would be less coerced nowadays, in a different country with equally "liberal" attitudes.

Substance abuse, suicide, dying en masse etc. aren't limited to athletes. Expecting higher standards from athletes who actually stand to benefit from doping is a bit rich when most of the world drinks, smokes and shoots up every other weekend just for giggles and liver failure.

People do worse to themselves all the time. At least with doping you can make some money in the process.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Be careful with your posting, I've just cut myself.

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
If you buy coffee in disposable cups ('to go') you are subhuman scum that needs to be exterminated.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

anchorpunch posted:

If you buy coffee in disposable cups ('to go') you are subhuman scum that needs to be exterminated.

Why would I want to sit in a stuffy coffeeshop full of hipsters writing their "novel" begging someone to come ask about it when I could just get it and leave and drink it wherever I want?

If it's an environmental thing you should focus on people who buy plastic water bottles and refuse to drink tap water.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Why would I want to sit in a stuffy coffeeshop full of hipsters writing their "novel" begging someone to come ask about it when I could just get it and leave and drink it wherever I want?

If it's an environmental thing you should focus on people who buy plastic water bottles and refuse to drink tap water.

I think he means bring a travel mug. Most places will give you a drink in your own travel mug if you ask them to. Chain places like Starbucks and Tims will even often give you one or more free coffees if you buy their free-advertisement brand name travel mug in-store.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Starbucks? lol why not just drink abortion juice

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
shhh if more people start drinking abortion juice the price will go up, there's an inelastic supply of it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I think he means bring a travel mug. Most places will give you a drink in your own travel mug if you ask them to. Chain places like Starbucks and Tims will even often give you one or more free coffees if you buy their free-advertisement brand name travel mug in-store.

An aluminum travel mug probably consumes more resources than a lifetime of disposable cups...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

anchorpunch posted:

Isn't that just a long way of saying "death to all Americans?"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Or every country where Starbucks operates

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think Jesus was middle eastern, seeing as he was born in Jerusalem.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

spit on my clit posted:

I think Jesus was middle eastern, seeing as he was born in Jerusalem.

He was born in Bethlehem. (which is like an hour south of Jerusalem)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Santa is white, deal with it!!!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

King of Foolians posted:

He was born in Bethlehem. (which is like an hour south of Jerusalem)

Geez, I need to read through the bible again.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Jesus was perfect and therefore, obviously a dog. And God Dog Jesus was a very good boy aside from that time he peed on the fig tree.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
That dogdonged goddonned lord and saviour done gone 'n doggonned pissed on the frigfathering goddanged fig tree
Gatdang

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

That dogdonged goddonned lord and saviour done gone 'n doggonned pissed on the frigfathering goddanged fig tree
Gatdang

i, too, think propane is better than charcoal.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The world only has two futures.
1. A utopian society where everyone is accepted.
2. Nuclear apocalypse caused by stupid reason.
I want it to be the first one but it will probably be the second. Oh well.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't want "utopia". I'm really skeptical of whether a society like that would be as "perfect" and wonderful as we think it will be. I'd settle for a future like Star Trek, where we have a more egalitarian and peaceful future with the potential for human growth.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't want things to be "good." I think maybe the word "good" actually means "bad."

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Whose idea of utopia? Pretty sure them Nazis had a definite one, too.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I support a one-world government, but only if it's a utopia for me personally.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

We Know Catheters posted:

The world only has two futures.
1. A utopian society where everyone is accepted.
2. Nuclear apocalypse caused by stupid reason.
I want it to be the first one but it will probably be the second. Oh well.

A world where everything is accepted sounds horrific.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I don't want "utopia". I'm really skeptical of whether a society like that would be as "perfect" and wonderful as we think it will be. I'd settle for a future like Star Trek, where we have a more egalitarian and peaceful future with the potential for human growth.
Star Trek pretty much was a utopia though. Or at least, the bits of it that weren't the wild west were. If you lived on Earth or one of the more established planets then it was. Obviously the show focuses on the more interesting stuff, but the average Federation citizen wasn't involved with any of that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I want real alcohol and real organic tomatoes. Not the reconstituted stuff from protons.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I want real alcohol and real organic tomatoes. Not the reconstituted stuff from protons.

I like getting drunk and I like whiskey but I'd drink the weird future fake stuff if it meant no health impacts or hangovers tbh

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Beverly Crusher can cure cirrhosis with one zap of her medical tool. They can also just make you another liver at any time.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Yeah but you have to stay in recovery for like, five hours.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Wasn't he thing with the fake alcohol that (as well as the no hangovers) you could drink it and get drunk but then be instantly sober whenever you liked? But judging by Scottie's reaction, the fake whiskey tasted completely different.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Hi here is my exact opposite of an unpopular opinion, Despacito is good, okay see ya

e: I've never listened to the Bieber remix though

Olive! has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Aug 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

Wasn't he thing with the fake alcohol that (as well as the no hangovers) you could drink it and get drunk but then be instantly sober whenever you liked? But judging by Scottie's reaction, the fake whiskey tasted completely different.

That was a common theme in the series; a replicator could do "good enough" but couldn't fully make the real thing. If you asked a replicator for an apple pie you'd get a decent apple pie based on the rules of what an apple pie was. However, a real apple pie had variables. There's a pretty big difference between taking time to make a hand made apple pie and a machine just conjuring one into existence. It's the difference between home made and processed foods; machines can duplicate a process and make something that is good enough but a real apple pie just like grandma used to make kind of needs the grandma.

What a replicator did in the series was create something that was basically a pattern; if you asked it for whiskey you'd get a liquid that had the overall pattern of whisky. Real creations of such things would have imperfections and differences here and there. The computer would produce whatever it was programmed to think "whiskey" was which might vary dramatically from what Scottie though "whiskey" was. How the machine made an apple pie was probably different from the apple pies you grew up eating.