Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Any suggestions for a build that does well self found? I haven't played in ages and don't understand the economy at all so figured I'd probably mostly just be playing by myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Just because you're playing by yourself doesn't mean you should lock yourself out of using poe.trade to upgrade your gear. Ssf will just make it that much harder to get a decent build going.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

drat, the actual Storm Burst numbers are not inspiring a league starter worthy confidence.

I'm seeing 600k+ dps in PoB with an Agnerod West (Zerker)

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mr. Despair posted:

Just because you're playing by yourself doesn't mean you should lock yourself out of using poe.trade to upgrade your gear. Ssf will just make it that much harder to get a decent build going.

I wasn't saying that I didn't plan to use it, just that I don't know enough to go on there and trade my way up d2jsp style.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Meridian posted:

Any suggestions for a build that does well self found? I haven't played in ages and don't understand the economy at all so figured I'd probably mostly just be playing by myself.

Any good spell is consistent start as you depend on spell levels over high damage weapons relative to attacking builds. That said there is an actual solo self found mode you can create characters in, it changes nothing except no trading. Not sure if thats what you intend to do, but the option is available.

Meridian posted:

I wasn't saying that I didn't plan to use it, just that I don't know enough to go on there and trade my way up d2jsp style.

Its pretty easy to buy/sell in leagues, especially the first month because there are so many people playing. A premium stash tab can also be a public stash tab, which you can use to set buyouts for items that get picked up through the trade api by poe.trade and other people search for an item, message you and buy the thing.

Using fg through d2jsp is something that can get you banned for real money trading, I don't recommend it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stangg posted:

I'm seeing 600k+ dps in PoB with an Agnerod West (Zerker)

That's a cool glass cannon to roll with on HC if you haven't seen beta (not).

J
Jun 10, 2001

Anyone got any opinions on the difference in survivability for a sunder build between gladiator (dual wield, alkazier's build) versus berserker abusing cloaked in savagery+vaal pact? I'm strongly considering one or the other, but I'd like to be able to scale it up to do guardians at least, if not shaper. Not sure how ridiculous of a weapon it'd take to have enough damage to do that.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

drat, the actual Storm Burst numbers are not inspiring a league starter worthy confidence.

Yeah, I was kinda psyched to try it out, but I'm looking at other options now :geno:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

J posted:

Anyone got any opinions on the difference in survivability for a sunder build between gladiator (dual wield, alkazier's build) versus berserker abusing cloaked in savagery+vaal pact? I'm strongly considering one or the other, but I'd like to be able to scale it up to do guardians at least, if not shaper. Not sure how ridiculous of a weapon it'd take to have enough damage to do that.

Berserker leech is insanely good, but it depends on having lots of very fast hits relatively quickly and in a way that isn't easily interrupted by stuns or freeze. For attacks thats been cyclone for a while, while spells like blade vortex and firestorm do a great job as well. I don't think you can get enough consistent damage instances with sunder to reliably be immortal through leech, so when I make a sunder dude it will gladiator/juggernaut/raider(maybe champion if I am feeling hipster)

Hauki posted:

Yeah, I was kinda psyched to try it out, but I'm looking at other options now :geno:

I am genuinely thinking of storm burst cwc ball lightning.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I will probably use storm burst to start (as a fun curse on hit/ee tool for my srs).

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Meridian posted:

One week in prices will have settled and you will be able to buy whatever you need for a few chaos, unless they are severely in-demand uniques or super top-end rares.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Anyone got any goals for the league? Mine is getting 36 challenges and picking up some specific rare weapons that are impossible to find past the first month and a half. A 500+pdps exquisite blade and a 70+ spell damage 20 cast speed crit multi penetration sceptre.

cybertier
May 2, 2013
Concerning goals. Is there a starter that could scale up to shaper/uber etc? (Maybe something not totems ... )
Despite playing a decent amount I never got there.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

funmanguy posted:

Berserker leech is insanely good, but it depends on having lots of very fast hits relatively quickly and in a way that isn't easily interrupted by stuns or freeze. For attacks thats been cyclone for a while, while spells like blade vortex and firestorm do a great job as well. I don't think you can get enough consistent damage instances with sunder to reliably be immortal through leech, so when I make a sunder dude it will gladiator/juggernaut/raider(maybe champion if I am feeling hipster)

I was thinking of that or storm call on the cwc. Inquisitor?

Dark pact looks straight nuts right now, I'm curious what the updated version is.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

cybertier posted:

Concerning goals. Is there a starter that could scale up to shaper/uber etc? (Maybe something not totems ... )

warchief totems.

Edit: oh not totems.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Looks like I was booted from the guild due to inactivity. Can I get a re-invite?

IGN: ShoopDaWhoopBeam

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

funmanguy posted:

Anyone got any goals for the league? Mine is getting 36 challenges and picking up some specific rare weapons that are impossible to find past the first month and a half. A 500+pdps exquisite blade and a 70+ spell damage 20 cast speed crit multi penetration sceptre.

I'm only able to play on the weekends so my goal of getting that char effect is going to be hard, especially since trading needs me to be online

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

queeb posted:

warchief totems.

Edit: oh not totems.

I'm interested in doing warchief totems, but on the official forums it looks like the only option is to go Facebreakers? The other build guide says it's dead in 3.0 because it relied too much on double dipping poison and bleed. Is that actually the case or is he being a whiny baby?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

my goal is to just play one character until I kill shaper since I always hit like level 80 and roll something else and never break into red maps.

nerox
May 20, 2001

cybertier posted:

Sup goal is to kill Shaper for the first time ever this league buddy. :hfive:

I am going to do pizza totems to get some currency/items and go from there on what I want my final character to be.

I got some points in my account and some steam wallet funds from not buying much during the summer steam sale, so I really hope they put stash tabs on sale this weekend so I can horde everything.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

nerox posted:

Sup goal is to kill Shaper for the first time ever this league buddy. :hfive:

I am going to do pizza totems to get some currency/items and go from there on what I want my final character to be.

I got some points in my account and some steam wallet funds from not buying much during the summer steam sale, so I really hope they put stash tabs on sale this weekend so I can horde everything.

Stash tabs are a week from now

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My goal is to get at least one character to 95. I always stop at 92/93 for the high end.

Storm Burst CWC Ball Lightning sounds mighty tempting, I love me some Ball Lightning.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Jusupov posted:

Stash tabs are a week from now

Well maybe my current amount of tabs can hold out that long.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Jester Mcgee posted:

I'm interested in doing warchief totems, but on the official forums it looks like the only option is to go Facebreakers? The other build guide says it's dead in 3.0 because it relied too much on double dipping poison and bleed. Is that actually the case or is he being a whiny baby?

I played that build 2 leagues ago and most of the damage was from poison and bleed. The bleed from Disfavour is gone, since you don't attack with the weapon and poison was nerfed. I really wouldn't play that exact build.

Maybe there are other weapon-based builds for it, but that specific one is dead.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Jester Mcgee posted:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1920845

theres a 2h build eventually looking for a disfavor.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
I was thinking of doing either a bleedquake gladiator, or cyclone slayer to start the league with. Any thoughts on either build?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Jester Mcgee posted:

You can definitely do a 2-hander build, I'm not sure which is better in the long run but 2-h is probably a better league starter. Facebreaker builds rely on adds x damage to attacks for a lot of their damage and 2h you can just slap on a kaom's or something and be okay until you can get a disfavour or a super well rolled rare

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

funmanguy posted:

I've thrown around the idea of CwC in my head and I'm really not sure how will it feel on the ground.

funmanguy posted:

36 challenges here too, nothing more specific this league. IRL stuff as is will probably leave short of time for the 36.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That's a cool glass cannon to roll with on HC if you haven't seen beta (not).

Well with the way the skill works it's going to be tough in HC anyway, it does very little damage before you release and you need to channel it. if anything the best way to mitigate that is with massive leech and making sure it kills whatever it hits.

Still seeing over 440k without Aspect of Carnage so I'm sure you could play around with it and get decent numbers, it's definitely more than enough for maps.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stangg posted:

Well with the way the skill works it's going to be tough in HC anyway, it does very little damage before you release and you need to channel it. if anything the best way to mitigate that is with massive leech and making sure it kills whatever it hits.

Still seeing over 440k without Aspect of Carnage so I'm sure you could play around with it and get decent numbers, it's definitely more than enough for maps.
That goes beyond that point that me not feeling confidence in it doesn't make the build absolutely bad, I am just not sure I want to play it as the first thing.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 3, 2017

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Budgie posted:

One week in prices will have settled and you will be able to buy whatever you need for a few chaos, unless they are severely in-demand uniques or super top-end rares.

Oh cool, I didn't realize things stabilized that quickly, I haven't played forever.

Only character I ever played was an Arc witch, which I definitely do not want to do this time. Saw a video where a dude outlined a build using fire mines that looked pretty cool, might try that out.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Thern posted:

I was thinking of doing either a bleedquake gladiator, or cyclone slayer to start the league with. Any thoughts on either build?

Bleed-splosion Gladiator should be pretty drat solid, especially with all of these ailment bonuses on phys nodes now. Sunder is currently considered the "better" skill over Earthquake, but quake will still work fine if you prefer that playstyle more.

Cyclone Slayer should be good too. I did Cyclone Berzerker on the beta, and the new pathing/not getting stuck on rocks combined with the radius buff makes it feel very smooth and enjoyable compared to how it was before.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That goes beyond that point that me not feeling confidence in it doesn't make the build absolutely bad, I am just not sure I want to play it as the first thing.

Yeah that's fair enough, especially as you said with us not really knowing how balanced the final two acts are, I was going to go frost blades but even that I dont have high confidence in so I'll probably just go scorching ray/RF inquisitor.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

funmanguy posted:

escape the frustrations of normal life several hours at a time.

fake edit: a more serious answer would be to finally beat chayula with an SRS build.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stangg posted:

Yeah that's fair enough, especially as you said with us not really knowing how balanced the final two acts are, I was going to go frost blades but even that I dont have high confidence in so I'll probably just go scorching ray/RF inquisitor.

To hell with the two last acts, I personally did abstain from watching almost any kind of beta footage. I wonder if I'll make it to the maps in under 10 deaths.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

To hell with the two last acts, I personally did abstain from watching almost any kind of beta footage. I wonder if I'll make it to the maps in under 10 deaths.

I wonder if you'll be able to kill depression or that terminator 2 cosplay boss in less than 10 deaths, those were some exciting fights that are going to gently caress up so many HC players, even with their nerfs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does anyone know how big the download will be. I may do this over cell data

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

euphronius posted:

Does anyone know how big the download will be. I may do this over cell data

very large, probably 7-8 gigs at least

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well hah. I'll have to plan to hook the laptop up to a cable then. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mr. Despair posted:

I wonder if you'll be able to kill depression or that terminator 2 cosplay boss in less than 10 deaths, those were some exciting fights that are going to gently caress up so many HC players, even with their nerfs.

Well, I eagerly await playing this game with emotions again. :v: Deaths are half the fun in HC.