Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Julias posted:

From an upcoming SBS

from the same SBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I thought Rin rin had turned up in the actual manga which is why one chapter had that now idk

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
young big mom could suck the gently caress out of my soul if she wanted i choose live every time

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jose posted:

I thought Rin rin had turned up in the actual manga which is why one chapter had that now idk

I think it did on the wanted poster but he probably meant it to be closer to the actual pronunciation and/or where he got it from.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

where the gently caress is the chapter, i'm getting antsy for my fix

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Tbf, if Big Mom looked like that when she was younger it kinda explains the legion of kids. And I like the fact that she always has a pronounced nose, avoids Namiface syndrome.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

she didn't have the hat at 28 neat

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That SBS is dumb but making her hot is a Very Oda Thing To Do.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
In One Piece all ladies look like Nami when they're young, don't know why anyone is surprised.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm surprised because they showed her basically the same as she is now a couple times in her life

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Oda's comment says that Whitebeard's hair is rumored to look like that so it's not an official answer, but I choose to believe.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gyges posted:

In One Piece all ladies look like Nami when they're young, don't know why anyone is surprised.

Pretty much; when that one burly, muscled dude became a woman he turned into Nami as well.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
That's really weird. She was large as a kid. Then they showed her starting her pirating career and she was still shaped like that. Then she slimmed down. I imagine she was still really tall though. She looked more like her current self as a child than in her adult life.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ah rad. big mom was smoking hot in her late 20s and frankly her late 40s. now to read some posts on the subject while taking a huuuuge sip of water

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

She was six years old at the end of the flashback. When she started her pirate career with Streussen she was probably just a few years, perhaps even months, older than than that. Remember how much time has passed since Luffy set out, someone like Big Mom could accomplish the same in no time with some help. I think her changing a little between 6 and 28 prior to giving birth a shitton is reasonable and not at all shocking, but what do I know, I am but one man on the internet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's baby fat.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cat Machine posted:

from the same SBS

That made me laugh for real. :lol:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Lol i'm guessing nobody has read silver spoon here.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Its a cartoon yall. She can look like whatever at any point in her life because shes the creation of a single japanese pervert. Its not that complicated

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

ITT a bunch of goons who only became bigger versions of their old selves each year.

Lighten up guys, literally. It's not unusual to be a chubby kid who then somehow grows into their body during their teens/20s, then gets fatter as they get older yeesh.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Veskit posted:

Lol i'm guessing nobody has read silver spoon here.

You don't read 80s TV shows, silly.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Gyges posted:

You don't read 80s TV shows, silly.

Uhhh, excuse me, that's Silver Spoons :colbert:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Veskit posted:

ITT a bunch of goons who only became bigger versions of their old selves each year.

A lot of goons are giant babies, so this checks out. :v:

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
wait... is there no chapter this week?

Edit: A gently caress there's not.

Spanish Matlock fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 3, 2017

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

no, there's a chapter this week it's just not ready yet

mangastream is dead for some reason so jamimis box is handling it

e: mangastream is no longer dead and jamimis box say their translation is delayed for a while longer, what is going on i want to read my illegally acquired pirate comic for teenage boys

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 3, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Learn to read Korean or Chinese.

Or Vietnamese.

EDIT: Nevermind the Vietnamese manga reader just has Korean scans at the moment.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This Redditor has his priorities in order

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Big Moms Slim Tatas

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Average-Sized Mom

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Regular Single Woman

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

moms can be single women

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
no one piece on thursday morning is a weird feeling, like the entire flow of my week has been disturbed. say it isn't so!!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Dragonatrix posted:

....No? She was 6 years old in the flashback, dude.

theres a later one in between her childhood and the "now" big mom that we see

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Star Platinum posted:

Maybe this is supposed to be her as a young teenager and she decided to get swole later

Retcon or no, making her hot in her 20s is a very Oda thing to do

yeah this is the one i meant

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
she still looks like a kid there, shes probably like 10 or 12 or something

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Presumably Big Mom had a growth spurt as a teen where she became like twenty feet tall. Then it took a while for her to get fat again. Especially since she was leading a more active life as a pirate!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This wait is too much and we have another break next week too?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oh yeah apparently katakuri's fruit isnt a logia after a correction, its a paramecia. before that fruit was revealed as a logia, every single logia was something that could exist without the intervention of life. so its back to that i guess. which is cool...

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

This wait is too much and we have another break next week too?

I think the leakers got in trouble again. Korean raws are out. Here's the spoilers or atleast what I can interperet wothout knowing Korean.

Zeus thinks Nami's thunderclouds are delicious and joins them I guess?
Big Mom lets out a scream and the forest starts attacking Baum and crew despite Nami's vivre card somehow. Zeus looks worried.
Baum fights despite getting the whitebeard headshave from Big Mom and seems to fight for his tree girlfriend
Promethius sits on Baums face and destroys him which makes Luffy angry.
Dogtooth is rummaging through the 1000 sunny, says something sinister in a half page panel I guess.
Pudding meets up with Bege with her magic carpet. She's crying to Chiffon, don't think she's faking cause Sanji was drawn a thought panel (don't know what to call this) and her 3rd eye's showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

the one page with sabo rescuing them was cool but this is just unnecessary and dumb

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:thunk: