Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
A whole lot of people here who don't remember substitute teachers exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

A whole lot of people here who don't remember substitute teachers exist.

I would say that the writer should have mentioned if it was a substitute teacher, but then I'm giving the writer too much credit for intelligence, writing ability and not telling bullshit stories

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Samizdata posted:

It's a pity such a cute kid is going to suffer so many diseases in their life.

if it makes you feel better, it'll likely be a short one

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

A "fortune teller" would know better than to call an astrological sign a "zodiac." Unless of course, she's accusing him of being the Zodiac Killer. Maybe Ted Cruz wrote this.

quote:

Did some page Dr. Staywoke?

Mom is in for a rude surprise when the schools won't accept her special snowflake because it's not vaccinated.

... which reminds me, are indigo children still a thing, or has that parental fad finally run its course?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

has that parental fad finally run its course?

Raucous_laughter.gifv(imgur why you no work)

e:

Zelder posted:

What the hell happened here
i'm bad at bbcode, leaving this here because idc

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 23:36 on Aug 2, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Mom is in for a rude surprise when the schools won't accept her special snowflake because it's not vaccinated

Aren't there schools that are ok with no vaccines so all the kids are unvaccinated? Like in California or something? Or is that stdExist

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Elizabethan Error posted:

Raucous_laughter.gifv(imgur why you no work)

What the hell happened here

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Gifv goes in url tags.

https://i.imgur.com/Yy6XYcr.gifv

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Thin Privilege posted:

Aren't there schools that are ok with no vaccines so all the kids are unvaccinated? Like in California or something? Or is that stdExist

For a second I thought you were asking if an antivaxxer school called STD-Exist was a thing.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Thin Privilege posted:

Probably in some places, but the public schools where I am (Central Texas) at least require shot records to register, I'd assume most places probably do (medical exceptions aside). It's one of those things the Worst States tend to be a bit better on, because the crazy religious right aren't the ones screaming about antivax (just creationism)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Thin Privilege posted:

Almost certainly, as long as they can afford private schools. Well, I don't know about the whole 'all kids are unvaccinated', but vaccines are only required for public schools AFAIK. While the specific vaccine requirements vary from state to state, all states require at least some to attend public schools.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Thin Privilege posted:

Cali tightened its rules in 2015. Here's a map; the states with yellow syringes for "philosophical objection" are the crazy states.

Most? All? states include both public and private schools in the vax requirements.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Guys, she's clearly going to home school the poor kid, so bad records don't matter.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I'm the lace curtains in the "doctor's" office

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gschmidl posted:

Little fills me with more actual murderous rage than loving antivaxxers.

I wonder what sort of doctorate said doctor has. Doubtful it's an MD, though it is possible. They can be super dumb, just look at Ben Carson.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Elblanco posted:

Guys, she's clearly going to home school the poor kid, so bad records don't matter.

Ha! Like the kid will make it to school age.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Why is it against the law to not get my dog vaccinated, yet it is legal to have kids not vaccinated? Like if my dog gave some kid or other dog rabies because I did not vaccinate I would expect to be sued. But If your un vaccinated kid gives my kid polio can I sue? I have no kids this is just hypothetical.

Applesnots has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Aug 3, 2017

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I think schools that accept anti-vaxxers' children are a good idea, it means those kids will give each other every disease known to man and their bloodlines will die off--so in a sense you could look at it as though anti-vaxxers are basically killing themselves and their cause without realizing it

Makes you think, man

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Good point.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I read a heartwarming story about an anti-vaxx family that had 4-5 kids and all got some horrible thing, I think measles or mumps- and the kids almost died, and after that the parents realized they were retarded and pumped their kids full of the proper vaccines.

E: hmm there are at least two of these families, one in which all SEVEN kids got whooping cough

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 05:21 on Aug 3, 2017

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Thin Privilege posted:

I read a heartwarming story about an anti-vaxx family that had 4-5 kids and all got some horrible thing, I think measles or mumps- and the kids almost died, and after that the parents realized they were retarded and pumped their kids full of the proper vaccines.

E: hmm there are at least two of these families, one in which all SEVEN kids got whooping cough

I'm glad for the kids that the dumbass mother managed to click why vaccines are good but still, things like these are poo poo that I wish didn't happen cause the poor kids certainly don't deserve to pay for their parent's idiocy

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

life is killing me posted:

I think schools that accept anti-vaxxers' children are a good idea, it means those kids will give each other every disease known to man and their bloodlines will die off--so in a sense you could look at it as though anti-vaxxers are basically killing themselves and their cause without realizing it

Makes you think, man

Yeah they'll just kill any immune-compromised kids at school as well, no big.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

If someone like that doctor exists, I'm willing to bet they have a lot of free time because they have no patients because anyone with a lick of common sense would dismiss them as a quack and also know that a doctor who ISN'T an MD, isn't actually a doctor and shouldn't be practicing medicine.

Not true: you can get a DO instead of an MD. They undergo the same training as MDs with an admittedly weird section on osteopathy, but they're taught to consider it as therapeutic at best nowadays rather than medicine. They still take the MCAT, do residencies, and have to pass state medical licensing requirements.

And they also wouldn't high-five parents who refused to vaccinate their kids.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ibntumart posted:

True, that's a great way for them to spread the diseases they're carrying from doctoring all those unvaccinated kids.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Slime posted:

True, that's a great way for them to spread the diseases they're carrying from doctoring all those unvaccinated kids.

Unless they're deliberately doing it to rid the world of antivaxxers.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ibntumart posted:

Not true: you can get a DO instead of an MD. They undergo the same training as MDs with an admittedly weird section on osteopathy, but they're taught to consider it as therapeutic at best nowadays rather than medicine. They still take the MCAT, do residencies, and have to pass state medical licensing requirements.

In the US, yes. Outside of the US DOs are a much, much more mixed bag.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Krispy Kareem posted:

The implementation of unions in the US isn't very good and obviously hasn't aged well. At its worse it's too adversarial and defends really stupid poo poo that, while probably rare, gets a lot of attention. My first union meeting had a rep telling us a story about how he got caught gambling at work and getting into fights and still kept his job and isn't this union great guys.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Labes for days posted:

Yeah they'll just kill any immune-compromised kids at school as well, no big.

I have a dream, about a world where anti-vaxxer kids are only allowed to go to schools with other anti-vaxxer kids until their parents wise up or they all die whichever comes first

Well anyway that's my dream thanks for listening

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I also fantasize about masses of children dying

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

:captainpop:

Trebek has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Aug 3, 2017

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Customer service was nice to me. Better post about it on social media!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

And that man's name was Barney from How I Met Your Mother

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I also fantasize about masses of children dying

Whoa buddy a little on the nose

I really just want their parents to die so they can be adopted and forced to get vaccines rather than have long-eradicated diseases resurface because of pseudo-science and quack doctors and Oprah and Jenny McCarthy

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Whoa buddy a little on the nose

I really just want their parents to die so they can be adopted and forced to get vaccines rather than have long-eradicated diseases resurface because of pseudo-science and quack doctors and Oprah and Jenny McCarthy
in reality: kids would die first, you massive idiot.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

in reality: kids would die first, you massive idiot.

Apparently joking gets past some

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

As long as somebody died that's what matters

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

oldpainless posted:

As long as somebody died that's what matters

More like oldruthless

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Apparently joking gets past some
not really, but then jokes are funny.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

not really, but then jokes are funny.

Guess I'll have to live with not being funny 100% of the time, I dunno how but I'll have to find a way to move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Don't worry man, you can just downgrade to what I do: Fantasize that one of their kids gets autism anyway, and it shakes up their little mommy group.