Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parachute
May 18, 2003

Shima Honnou posted:

Easiest thing to do is play some graphically-intensive games that aren't PUBG and see if it happens there.

it doesn't happen in overwatch, but that's all i've really tried other than pubg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Do you think all the early access players are going to get a hat when it's done?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uXs posted:

it's basically the same concept as watching TV though? except with a lot less advertising
Thank you for strengthening his point, I guess.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Lladre posted:

I don't think so. The most common way for a squad to get murdered in a vehicle is when they drive past you when you are behind some cover and you just blast them with a shotgun or automatic weapon.
It will be harder to do that if you have to peek around the corner to see them coming.

That's true.

Other then the lag, I think I'll continue to play first person. I like being aggressive. Third person makes pushing positions pretty difficult.

Groovelord Neato posted:

that isn't irony. calling a lovely thing lovely isn't being a baby lmao

It is when you act like a baby while doing it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

uXs posted:

it's basically the same concept as watching TV though? except with a lot less advertising
Yeah except, at least if you're in this thread, watching and playing use the exact same setup and hardware and time. Whereas I can't just choose to be a state prosecutor, or love raymond.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I would watch a billion hours of people streaming videogames on twitch before watching one episode of whatever bland, boring, uninteresting tv show, filled with vapid talentless hacks is the flavour for this specific month.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah except, at least if you're in this thread, watching and playing use the exact same setup and hardware and time. Whereas I can't just choose to be a state prosecutor, or love raymond.

Yeah but you watch professional football because your pick up games in he neighborhood are not even close.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Do you think all the early access players are going to get a hat when it's done?
Now you've mentioned it this is all I want. Think about how much money I could sell it for!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Stuntman posted:

Thank you for strengthening his point, I guess.

Yeah all I do with my free time is whittle and read books about WW1 because I'm a GROWN UP

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Croccers posted:

Made 14 SteamBux selling crates, the regular no-key crates.
Get in before the prices crash.

Yep made over £10, thank you pubg

Parachute
May 18, 2003
once i had a kid i realized that sometimes you dont have time to play the games any more but do have time to live vicariously through others via twitch streams

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah but you watch professional football because your pick up games in he neighborhood are not even close.
Last time I went to turn on the football game, the first thing I saw was the quarterback screaming and making a rape joke because he caught the ball.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Man this sound bug is reaaaaaaaaal hosed up. Only played 2 games so far but it's happened in both times and only when it's top 25. Basically playing this game without sound is just impossible.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Macarius Wrench posted:

I would watch a billion hours of people streaming videogames on twitch before watching one episode of whatever bland, boring, uninteresting tv show, filled with vapid talentless hacks is the flavour for this specific month.

So loving cool

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Parachute posted:

once i had a kid i realized that sometimes you dont have time to play the games any more but do have time to live vicariously through others via twitch streams

This but replace kid with job

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TJChap2840 posted:

It is when you act like a baby while doing it.

nobody did lol

Macarius Wrench posted:

source quote.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Parachute posted:

lately during games my comp has been freezing up entirely and shutting itself down - the screen turns a maroon/red color and it just powers off. i assume its either the video card or the psu, but is there a program i can run that will diagnose the issue when it happens?
Check Event Viewer and see if there are any clues there. Also start monitoring temperatures. An overheating CPU will probably just bluescreen, but an overheating GPU will shut your PC down cold.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Nah, more like because it's hard to organize 20 people for a proper game at a proper field with proper lighting and equipment. None of those are true with PUBG. Moreover, while I might watch the last rounds of a football tournament, I don't watch the kicker narrating his kicking practice or a lineman pushing on one of those practice things you push.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I hope we get something out of it.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Macarius Wrench posted:

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
So new crates are here I guess. If I log in will I get any freebie? Or did people just have a lot of BP saved up?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Welp now I have cargo jeans so I can roleplay as myself in middle school.

e: the legs go over the tops of the punk boots which sucks

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
gently caress yes back to streaming chat!

Streaming good. Reading internet drama about bans/stream snipers crying is also good. Game good. Patch Good, honking fun.

Also I wonder if anyone who thinks streaming is for children watches anime? Lol.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Who gives a gently caress what other people like to do with their free time? If you're posting in this forum you're already a giant loving dork, so stop arguing over degrees.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Nah, more like because it's hard to organize 20 people for a proper game at a proper field with proper lighting and equipment. None of those are true with PUBG. Moreover, while I might watch the last rounds of a football tournament, I don't watch the kicker narrating his kicking practice or a lineman pushing on one of those practice things you push.

It's not like people are watching grimmmz shoot dummies in a firing range. That's practice.
Like I get not wanting to watch The daily play of these guys, people skip preseason games. But people say dumb rear end poo poo like the whole concept of streaming is dumb because you can just play video games

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Couldn't you easily fix steam sniping by having it randomly generate names each round for streamers?

Streamers are good, they bring a ton of people to the game.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

They could watch the stream to know the new name? Just have a twitter blue check mark system to hide from the global kill feed I guess.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I'd be happy to live and let live if they added a button that guaranteed I wouldn't get in a game with any streamers.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Having a kill feed is interesting but honestly, why even have one for third parties killing each other?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

First person mode is so much better because you can play so much more aggressive due to enemies not being able to be behind cover but still see the field. I foresee a lot of pans to the.m back if heads.

Can't wait for the lovely servers to be fixed though - overall frames and stability went way down for me.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OdinsBeard posted:

Having a kill feed is interesting but honestly, why even have one for third parties killing each other?

It was really useful yesterday, because our team downed a guy, who was then killed by a third party, which let us know that there was another player or team nearby.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

OdinsBeard posted:

Because I want to know if the guy that shot at me died to someone else.

Just off the top of my head.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

OdinsBeard posted:

So you can poop your pants when you see that shot near you was somebody dying to an AWM.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

OdinsBeard posted:

Yeah I also question this. It's a design choice to give players the Meta information about who killed who with what gun, but i'm not sure it's needed in PUBG. I've used Killfeed info to decide when to push in TF2 or Overwatch, but I can't say for sure that there has been any decision I made in PUBG based on killfeed knowledge.

I guess the only answer is fun? Maybe people just like seeing the scroll.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

DrNutt posted:

It was really useful yesterday, because our team downed a guy, who was then killed by a third party, which let us know that there was another player or team nearby.

Yeah, that's a good point. They could just tell you that the guy you downed died, though. Doesn't need to say who killed them.

Dyz posted:

Because I want to know if the guy that shot at me died to someone else.

Just off the top of my head.

But if he just shot at you, how would you know it was him?

I guess they could just get rid of the name of the killer from the kill feed.

"StupidAsshole was killed by an AWM" instead of "BigJerk killed StupidAsshole with an AWM".

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

fargom posted:

Yeah I also question this. It's a design choice to give players the Meta information about who killed who with what gun, but i'm not sure it's needed in PUBG. I've used Killfeed info to decide when to push in TF2 or Overwatch, but I can't say for sure that there has been any decision I made in PUBG based on killfeed knowledge.

I guess the only answer is fun? Maybe people just like seeing the scroll.

So when you hear shots really close and the killfeed pops up right after you just assume it's a coincidence 100% of the time?

OdinsBeard posted:

Yeah, that's a good point. They could just tell you that the guy you downed died, though. Doesn't need to say who killed them.

But if he just shot at you, how would you know it was him?

I guess they could just get rid of the name of the killer from the kill feed.

"StupidAsshole was killed by an AWM" instead of "BigJerk killed StupidAsshole with an AWM".

DBNO

Dyz fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 3, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
This game without a killfeed and a player counter would be pretty hosed up honestly.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The killfeed is good because of the times when you reach a circle that just chunks out your health, and you get several messages in a row of 'Idiot died outside of the zone'

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Tekopo posted:

The killfeed is good because of the times when you reach a circle that just chunks out your health, and you get several messages in a row of 'Idiot died outside of the zone'

i like when that happens during the middle of a firefight that's right on the edge of the safe zone and you question if your opponent was killed by it or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The kill feed should only be broadcast in giant letters in the sky, for my immersion.

• Locked thread