Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Blasmeister posted:

They do have an out to this if they do it before the Mae Young Classic women get put into NXt or whatever they plan to do with them after, and can build the division around them competing for the vacant belt without treating them as obviously inferior to Asuka.

I still think Asuka beats Ember but loses to the MYC winner sometime thereafter, probably following Takeover.

Gaz-L posted:

You don't see how saying "Yeah, this chicks are all losers that aren't good enough to beat the champion so she's going to vacate so the crap tier girls get a chance" kills the division? Like, it may even be true but you're supposed to pretend that your challengers are somewhat credible.

Like, if Brock vacated the Universal title because he's beaten every challenger and no-one on the roster is good enough to face him, then congratulations, you just buried EVERY MAN IN THE COMPANY.

I think Goldberg should come back again and Asuka should squash him and then eat the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I mean at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who has the NXT Womens title, as they are almost certainly going to just be holding the title until Io Shirai debuts on NXT (she could go right to the main roster though) and takes it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Asuka vacating would absolutely bury the entire NXT women's roster and I'm flabbergasted that anyone would think otherwise.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't see how "nobody could beat the champ so she left finally, let's have a new clearly-lesser champ now" is in anyway a good idea

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
they shoudl go a step further and have asuka just keep the belt and go up tot he main roster os they have to retire it and make an entirely new one

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Just give it to Ember, she was poised to take it already and to be honest I think getting a title run would probably help with developing her character and promo skills (see: Neville). If it doesn't work out you just have Ember drop it to Kairi or Shirai or hell, Cross.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The good news i bring is that Ember defeating Asuka for the championship title won't be remembered for very long

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Asuka vacating would absolutely bury the entire NXT women's roster and I'm flabbergasted that anyone would think otherwise.

Outside of Nikki they're all very weak in one area or another, and need a lot of work. The problem is that no one IS believable as a threat to asuka.

Except Kairi Sane, who should be billed as the empress of the day after tomorrow, and just wear asuka's outfit and a pirate hat.

edit: alternatively, have asuka just keep it, and never drop it until she literally dies like Shao Khan.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

Outside of Nikki they're all very weak in one area or another, and need a lot of work. The problem is that no one IS believable as a threat to asuka.

Except Kairi Sane, who should be billed as the empress of the day after tomorrow, and just wear asuka's outfit and a pirate hat.

That doesn't mean that her leaving without dropping the title wouldn't bury them even further. This is the same bullshit circular logic people have with Brock.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That doesn't mean that her leaving without dropping the title wouldn't bury them even further. This is the same bullshit circular logic people have with Brock.

Well no not really because brock is an absentee champion in a group full of people who are incredible. Believable list to beat him is long, especially if you apply wrestling logic.

Asuka is the one fantastic personality in a sea of people who are simply not very good, and in most cases not even passable yet. I'm not saying they won't get there, but I honestly can't think of a soul outside of Nikki who is in any way compelling. And, hell, I LIKE ember. She's just awful on the mic and has had no build up at all. It's the same problem the men's division in NXT has right now, but a hundred times worse.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
comparison with Paige is also not the best because she defended the title like 3 times overall and still lost her final match before moving up to the main roster

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

Well no not really because brock is an absentee champion in a group full of people who are incredible. Believable list to beat him is long, especially if you apply wrestling logic.

Asuka is the one fantastic personality in a sea of people who are simply not very good, and in most cases not even passable yet. I'm not saying they won't get there, but I honestly can't think of a soul outside of Nikki who is in any way compelling. And, hell, I LIKE ember. She's just awful on the mic and has had no build up at all. It's the same problem the men's division in NXT has right now, but a hundred times worse.

Nikki absolutely could have won the last woman standing match and now they're stuck.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the people complaining about how the division will be buried if Asuka comes up with the title, and vacates it also probably fail to realize the MYC will be wrapping up a few weeks after Summerslam. Which will result in an injection of new talent. Abbey Laith, Dakota Kai, Nixon Newell (probably), Kairi Sane, etc. So the title scene will be freshened up as a result. Also odds are WWE will want an actual prize for the winner of the MYC, and crowning them as the new NXT Womens Champion would be a good way to go. Hell, even if Asuka stays down in NXT, there are more feuds for her listed above.

Also there's the fact that I wouldn't be shocked if Nikki Cross ends up on the main roster soon after Summerslam as well.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 31, 2017

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nikki absolutely could have won the last woman standing match and now they're stuck.

I agree with you. The only believable way I can see for asuka to straight up lose would have been nikki and asuka murdering each other to death, and then nikki just collapsing on asuka and taking the belt.

Buuuuuut -- I think Darkstar's right. Nikki is going to end up on the main roster real quick. She's been doing nothing in NXT for weeks/months really, and doesn't even come out and scream with sanity any more. I jus thope they don't retool her into something awful. Just let nikki be crazy loving nikki and things will be awesome.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't see how "nobody could beat the champ so she left finally, let's have a new clearly-lesser champ now" is in anyway a good idea

The NXT thread usually has the absolute worst takes of this forum.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A fun way to get the title off of Asuka could be to have her come out after the final match in the MYC and challenge the winner right then and there. She's already proven to be cocky and overconfident, so what better way to have her lose it than to underestimate an opponent who just won a tournament and lose the title out of nowhere?

I think all of the MYC is taped already, though, so I'm sure that's not on the table.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

A fun way to get the title off of Asuka could be to have her come out after the final match in the MYC and challenge the winner right then and there. She's already proven to be cocky and overconfident, so what better way to have her lose it than to underestimate an opponent who just won a tournament and lose the title out of nowhere?

I think all of the MYC is taped already, though, so I'm sure that's not on the table.

Finals isn't and will be live in september. That would actually be a really cool ending. Especially because it will almost certain be Kairi winning, so she can eat asuka's soul, put on a pirate hat, and the next week Asuka can show up on Raw as Stephanie's enforcer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What if you just think Asuka is more important than the entire rest of the NXT Women's Division combined? :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

What if you just think Asuka is more important than the entire rest of the NXT Women's Division combined? :shrug:

As with Brock, it is possible to make this appear to be the case while also not treating the entire rest of roster like they're less than poo poo when Asuka/Brock is either not around or not the focus

Frequently, they don't get this, nor do some fans apparently

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The way they're building Ember/Asuka is like 100% on the Eclipse will kill her, otherwise Ember is nothing.

So if she does win I expect Asuka to dominate as usual and then go for a superplex like an idiot or something.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Asuka leaving NXT undefeated would be an okay idea if they had an amazing plan for her on the main roster. So it's a terrible idea.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
JOHNNY :swoon:

Johnny is good. Good as hell!

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 3, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Asuka is the GOAT

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That wasn't a great promo but Ember did okay in that segment, I think. There's a bit of the intensity she's been needing to show.

Mauro namedropping the Clarence Campbell/Prince of Wales superstition, I love it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow, was that really the best take for that Roddy promo?

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Sonya facing off against Great Value Charlotte

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

That Black Mass on Itami was one of the crispest things I've seen

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ShakeZula posted:

That Black Mass on Itami was one of the crispest things I've seen

If those two fight at Brooklyn, it's gonna be awesome.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Its a shame that apparently a bunch of people in the live crowd hated this match because it was too "MMA"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

Its a shame that apparently a bunch of people in the live crowd hated this match because it was too "MMA"

Sure sounds like they're digging it to me.

Either way, this match owns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mauro with the Tanahashi-Okada namedrop. :yum:

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

AB with a gangster tear

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Mauro with the Tanahashi-Okada namedrop. :yum:

What're they going to do? Say he and JR can't talk about New Japan when they take every opportunity to tout Brock and AJ being former IWGP champs?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Double post, but I actually really liked that little touch of Ember not wanting to touch the belt until she wins it. It's a good babyface beat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I would pay money just to see 3 hours of Aleister Black wrecking fools with that heel kick

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE has talent on the US PROGRESS shows:

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/892852827898490881
https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/892718529757237248

Buddy Murphy is trying to get on the card:

https://twitter.com/WWE_Murphy/status/892876553201254400

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/893040196111007744

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/893125319745564672

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

God jesus almighty Aleister Black is winning my heart. That crisp as gently caress heel kick, and the way itami sold being completely dead was absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to see them in an actual match.

Ave Satana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what was the buddy murphy tweet and also that deleted zack sabre tweet from the other thread

• Locked thread