Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Thoguh posted:

So they're just getting mad for the sake of getting mad.

The Democrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We Hate Life And Ourselves

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

Every cretin who has spread this meme needs to reckon with how it uses "loving the Betsy Ross flag," a rape culture and homophobic term popular among dudebros

:eyepop:

is this a regional thing or what

It might be. I guess the actual usage is more like along the lines of somebody getting hosed over/destroyed. Like you got corncobbed in a bad deal, or if you got lit up by a linebacker you got corncobbed. But the implication was pretty clear about what it was being used as an euphemism for.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 17:36 on Aug 3, 2017

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Lastgirl posted:

corncob was literally last year around this time, how are they so far behind and out of touch contextually

They are focusing on it now because they think they can sell it as homophobic to distract from harris turning into a corncob.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They are focusing on it now because they think they can sell it as homophobic to distract from harris turning into a corncob.

*looks at harris becoming a corn cob*

*snaps finger as light bulb dings in head*

*becomes a super massive corncob instead, shadowing the harris corncob*

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/WmBrockschmidt/status/892931392832757760

https://twitter.com/dilemmv/status/892946228698382336

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

trump is lot because he fucks his daughters

Lot was tricked by being drunk tho.

Trump does it of sound(ish) mind

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i guess democrats ruin another meme but become synonymous with it as if they were abjectly struggling in a tar pit

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

twitter is the worst

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Smells of communism to me tbh

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

anything to avoid engaging with the substance of the criticisms

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The succ zOne is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
dril is commie propaganda, ive said this for years

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Frijolero posted:

Lookit all these white, southern BernoBros asking for economic justice :smug:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/892810493152374784

why is bernie racist against japanese businesses just trying to make a living

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

*looks at harris becoming a corn cob*

*snaps finger as light bulb dings in head*

*becomes a super massive corncob instead, shadowing the harris corncob*

Pretend I posted that tweet where that never-trump Republican twitter account declared themselves "proud cucks"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

The succ zOne is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

Wolf howls are also popular among dudebros. You need to reckon with that. :colbert:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lastgirl posted:

i guess democrats ruin another meme but become synonymous with it as if they were abjectly struggling in a tar pit

the dems should start a memewatch podcast so we can know the racist/sexist/russian origins of all sorts of memes

remember nyan cat? russian psyop to prep for trump in 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Keyboard Cat was supposed to come out as pro-Hillary in 2015 but tragically died several years too early, RIP keyboard cat :cry:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

people who believe in the horseshoe theory need to be euthanized for the public good

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/rasmansa/status/892930339710140416

:thunk:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

Keyboard Cat was supposed to come out as pro-Hillary in 2015 but tragically died several years too early, RIP keyboard cat :cry:

Hillary should never claim to be an advocate of cats after what she did to Socks.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

e: wrong thread

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

FuriousxGeorge posted:

e: wrong thread

tbh, it's an annoying argument in that thread too

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

loquacius posted:

It just struck me that every cat that appeared in the original cat macros is probably dead or on their way to the great litter-box in the sky

Thanks rear end in a top hat

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

loquacius posted:

Wolf howls are also popular among dudebros. You need to reckon with that. :colbert:

what's funny is that there is considerable literature on the use of wolf-symbolism in early-european male warrior rituals

via issue 28 of n+1:

Proceeding from this premise, Brown and Anthony conduct a rapid survey of Indo-European literature, mythology, and material culture, ranging across millennia to track the persistent association of dog or wolf symbolism with “youthful war-bands that operated on the edges of society, and that stayed together for a number of years and then were disbanded when their members reached a certain age.” These war-bands “shared several features”:

quote:

they were composed of boys . . . who fought together as an age set or cohort; they were associated with sexual promiscuity (Latin, Vedic, Celtic); they came from the wealthier families (Latin, Vedic); their duties centered on fighting and raiding, but could also include learning poetry (Celtic, Vedic); they lived “in the wild,” apart from their families, without possessions (Latin, Vedic, Celtic); and they wore animal skins, appeared as if they were wolves or dogs, and bore names containing the word wolf or dog.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdasein/status/893142205438844929

This thread is insane

I remember a psychology text book listing shared delusion as a condition. Overexposure to paranoid fantasies, schizophrenic rants, or manic delusions will have you internalizing them and eventually aliens or the lizard people sounds plausable

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie should feel bullish now that a whirlwind of conspiracies surround him

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
@dril is such a renaissance man

im so blown a way that he is everything and nothing at once

including a russian spy/bot

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Criticising Harris is parroting Cernovich talking points you guys

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Trump really did break liberals brains haha

they have no tools to deal with any of this so they retreat into conspiracy

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/893048585327042560

no uncomfortable racial dynamics here at all no sir

Look at all these commenters "connecting the dots" to imply leftists are bigoted, nevermind Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison, not that I'm a Tulsi Gabbard fan

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

shameful

hearing that criticizing someone for completely valid reasons is racist and responding by going "what who me noooo I love prison lady hahaha"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lastgirl posted:

@dril is such a renaissance man

im so blown a way that he is everything and nothing at once

including a russian spy/bot

he will be our president in 2020, but no-one will remember voting for him

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Condiv posted:

tbh, it's an annoying argument in that thread too

Haha, I know. Personal obsession. I try not to go there if someone else doesn't start it up.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

galenanorth posted:

Look at all these commenters "connecting the dots" to imply leftists are bigoted, nevermind Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison, not that I'm a Tulsi Gabbard fan

my man do you really want to bring up Tulsi Gabbard as an example about how leftists aren't bigoted

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You're drowning in water, 'cause you never bothered to learn how to swim
If you are the one never bothered, then how does you drowning affect me?
Your house is on fire, 'cause you were annoying, and I dropped the match in
Your house is on fire, 'cause you were annoying, and I dropped the match in

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Even fewer people know who Tulsi is than Kamala anyway; Keith is a better example

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Criticising Harris is parroting Cernovich talking points you guys

"this candidate isnt left enough and doesnt adhere to a millennials standard of social justice" sounds exactly like racism to me imo

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

galenanorth posted:

not to imply anything personal or whatever but this is kinda close to "I can't be racist because i have black friends"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

UHD posted:

not to imply anything personal or whatever but this is kinda close to "I can't be racist because i have black friends"

im not racist, i voted for ben carson

• Locked thread