Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Just checking in to see if football is still dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hope the transfer goes through but then PSG get banned from registering new players for a couple transfer windows

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/893084749090230273

Lol La Liga

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I hope Neymar Snr pockets the money and Neymar just shows up to training where he gets promptly killed by ISIS

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Isn't that sorta not how this works? My understanding was the payment has to be to La Liga for contract termination, not the club. I see this from Barcelona's side though. They just want to get paid and get this poo poo over with so they can bring someone else in.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Akileese posted:

Isn't that sorta not how this works? My understanding was the payment has to be to La Liga for contract termination, not the club. I see this from Barcelona's side though. They just want to get paid and get this poo poo over with so they can bring someone else in.

Tebas masterplan is to stall this so Barcelona can't get any new players before it's too late

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hegay posted:

Tebas masterplan is to stall this so Barcelona can't get any new players before it's too late

This appears to be the latest theory, one that I like.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/893085634100948993

Keeping him for this season is worth risking losing him on a free

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Breaking News: La Liga has rejected an attempt by lawyers for Barcelona forward Neymar to pay his buyout clause of 222m euros (£198m). Spanish media say La Liga officials believe PSG are violating Uefa's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

This hissy fit from Barcelona and La Liga is hilarious :munch:

if financial giants PSG can just go around tapping up players from plucky underdogs Barcelona, football is dead OP

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

"risking" losing him on a free, implying you think there's a chance he will sign a new contract with Arsenal during the next trophy-laden year

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
How much could Arsenal realistically get if they did sell him this year?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Given his wage demands, no more than £50m. If Wenger bins off the Europa league completely, this will be the best chance Arsenal will ever have of winning the league (based on previous good showings from teams without European obligations).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Given his wage demands, no more than £50m. If Wenger bins off the Europa league completely, this will be the best chance Arsenal will ever have of winning the league (based on previous good showings from teams without European obligations).

50m in this market isn't going to come close to replacing Sanchez. And losing out on that transfer fee is more than worth it if he's the difference between 4th and 5th, which is very possible.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NTRabbit posted:

Same thing is happening with Ozil. Better hope Wengy has one hell of a trick up his sleeve next summer.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
La Liga should hold out for a 10m euro fee. If Neymar's dad get's millions then La Liga deserves a few million for helping the transfer happen imho.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
When's the last time a player of Sachez caliber and age even came up on a bosman? I dunno if Lewandowski counts, he was always going to BM. Ballack?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

bewbies posted:

When's the last time a player of Sachez caliber and age even came up on a bosman? I dunno if Lewandowski counts, he was always going to BM. Ballack?

Cafu to Milan maybe? But he was in his early 30s.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

bewbies posted:

wasn't ibrahimovic free

edit sorry you said age as well. idk

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Wenger is sad about the Big Money Gulf State making it difficult for him to sell good players at low prices.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Diva Cupcake posted:

Cafu to Milan maybe? But he was in his early 30s.

I was going to say Pirlo to Juve but he was 31.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

bewbies posted:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/best-time-bosman-xi-top-7016435

Some good ones on that list.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

Same thing is happening with Ozil. Better hope Wengy has one hell of a trick up his sleeve next summer.

They could of gotten James for 45m

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Lot 49 posted:

Transfer sagas which don't involve the club you support are great.
At least the death of football will be entertaining!

Gigi Galli posted:

I was going to say Pirlo to Juve but he was 31.
Sanchez will be 29/30 next summer right? Given that Pirlo always seemed unaffected by age it still seems like a good comparison. I don't expect Sanchez to pull a Rooney and be dead by 30 but it's an awkward time for pacey players.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I've just been handed this tweet. Looks like a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/northferribyutd/status/893103253096980480

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JailTrump posted:

They could of gotten James for 45m

This is frustrating, but they probably couldn't have taken on another big wage while both Ozil and Sanchez are there. And I doubt any teams are looking to pay a lot of money for Ozil at the moment.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Can't blame a guy for choosing the team that scores 5 goals instead of the team that scores 1.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ozil seems pretty likely to re-sign tbh

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

paddyboat posted:

I've just been handed this tweet. Looks like a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/northferribyutd/status/893103253096980480

Isn't there some clogger in the Irish league who looks exactly like Neymar? Get him on a plane to Qatar for his €300mil in cash or whatever.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Still B.A.E posted:

Isn't there some clogger in the Irish league who looks exactly like Neymar? Get him on a plane to Qatar for his €300mil in cash or whatever.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

gonna be real funny when PSG still fails to get past the quarters in the champs league

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
how many slaves died to sign big 'mar?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/man-city-target-s-move-to-milan-may-fall-through-due-to-lack-of--36407

Lol this can't be true can it??

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Bonucci won't be returning to Juve. If anything he'd just sit out until January and be registered then. And even that seems far fetched.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

trem_two posted:

Bonucci won't be returning to Juve. If anything he'd just sit out until January and be registered then. And even that seems far fetched.
Why's that

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This would be the most Milan thing ever.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

While the finances bit is true, the player is already contracted to the club. He just can't be registered with the league meaning he can't play. Milan could demand City pay 1 Neymar for him if they really want him.

e: It's in Italian but this is the real situation: http://www.calcioefinanza.it/2017/08/03/milan-fideiussioni-banco-bpm-bonucci-biglia/

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Unless Ozil has a storming season (he won't) he's going to stay at Arsenal. I bet Sanchez is off even if Arsenal somehow win the EPL. (they won't)

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Just to clarify for everyone - Arsenal are not going to win the league

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

Unless Ozil has a storming season (he won't) he's going to stay at Arsenal. I bet Sanchez is off even if Arsenal somehow win the EPL. (they won't)

i wouldn't be too sure of this. He's not too attractive right now, but teams will be willing to give him a shot on a free. It's August and he hasn't signed a new contract, and Wengy is making noises about forcing Ozil to see out his contract, too. I'm not too optimistic about him staying atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I like how in Italy it's no big deal that a club doesn't have the money to complete a transfer they already agreed to.

• Locked thread