Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So how many more days until Muller's car suddenly loses it's brakes?

This is the trump administration. They'd hire someone to 'fix' his brakes and he'd end up with brand new $9,000 pro racing brake pads on his car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

With Congress trying to protect Mueller before it goes into recess and this news about the Grand Jury thing if Trump is going to try to fire him I think we're at the phase where it's going to happen within the next 48 hours. Certainly within the next week leading up the 11th as they'll want to have that bipartisan Mueller safety bill voted on and in place by then. I think even with the way the last couple weeks have been we haven't seen anything yet and August is going to be the real roller coaster.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

canepazzo posted:

I bet he waited till Trump went on vacation just to ruin it.
Haha, it is perfect timing.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
RE the WV news, it's probably this:
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/893194187251867648

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hahahaha that's hilarious.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/893193421476814848

Where is your "markets are great! MAGA" now, Cheeto?

Eh, they've moved more any time Intel coughs.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Wow. Nobody wants to be a Democrat these days.

Kale
May 14, 2010

It's a redneck state with a guy switching back to the default redneck party in a way that doesn't shift the balance of power at all. A defecting senator would have been huge though. Anyway loving Trump's neverending quest to brag about any small victory which typically involves some idiot being a massive idiot and then immediately regretting it.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 3, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loving :laffo:

He wasn't already?

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

It seems weird to become a Republican right as a Republican president is historically unpopular. Especially when you just won an election as a Democrat.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Imagine being this loving stupid

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Gorelab posted:

It seems weird to become a Republican right as a Republican president is historically unpopular. Especially when you just won an election as a Democrat.

West Virginia.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He'll get primaried by an inanimate lump of coal.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Brown Moses posted:

A couple of people were asking about the Seymour Hersh - Seth Rich thing, which is rather neatly summarised in this article (although the author and her conclusions are terrible) - Seymour Hersh Owes The World An Explanation For His Seth Rich Comments.

From some pages ago, but what on earth is up with this subset of paranoid progressives that are freaking out about nuclear annihilation if keep investigating Russia? Particularly Johnstone, the author of this piece, seems to think that looking into Russian election meddling will lead inevitably to the end of all life on earth.

quote:

Which is of course not a valid reason to remain silent at all. The increasingly porous allegation that Russia meddled in the 2016 election has been used by pundits and politicians to manufacture support for what can only be called a new cold war, and our species barely escaped extinction on more than one occasion in the first one. If Hersh has any information at all indicating that the WikiLeaks releases last year came not from Russian hackers but from a leaker on the inside, he is morally obligated to volunteer all the information that he has. Even the slightest possibility that his information could help halt America’s collision course with Russia by killing public support for new cold war escalations makes his remaining silent absolutely inexcusable.

quote:

Maybe Hersh wants to remain silent because he fears for his personal safety if he reveals what he knows. Reducing the likelihood of nuclear war is more important than Sy Hersh’s personal safety.

quote:

The people driving these senseless new cold war escalations are manufacturing public support using the Russian hacking narrative because they need that public support. You can’t drag a nation full of 320 million heavily-armed civilians into a new cold war without their consent, and if getting the truth out to them prevents that consent from being rendered, it could without exaggeration save the life of every single organism on this planet.

quote:

On the off chance that this article ever makes it before your eyes, Mr. Hersh, let me ask you the following: imagine you look out the window in a month, a year, five years, and see a mushroom cloud growing on the horizon. Will you have any regrets? Will you be able to tell yourself you did everything possible to prevent this? Will you feel glad that you protected your reputation or your safety or whatever by remaining silent, or would you wish you’d done a bit more?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Forgive an ignorant foreigner for asking, but: what in the gently caress is wrong with West Virginia? It seems like everything I hear out of it paints it as a state populated exclusively by people who are extremely dumb. I also hear there's a lot of Confederate flag display despite the state literally existing because they didn't want to join the Confederates.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

He already won, and I can't imagine the actual Republicans wouldn't just want to primary him anyways.

Kale
May 14, 2010

canepazzo posted:

Holy loving poo poo. I assume it'll rebound but wow what a time to be alive.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
JIM JUSTICE. How is this guy not a superhero?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

PT6A posted:

Forgive an ignorant foreigner for asking, but: what in the gently caress is wrong with West Virginia? It seems like everything I hear out of it paints it as a state populated exclusively by people who are extremely dumb. I also hear there's a lot of Confederate flag display despite the state literally existing because they didn't want to join the Confederates.

Very very poor because of the collapse of coal mining. Opioids also hit very hard.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

canepazzo posted:

:gizz: Aww, now there is the stuff.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Gorelab posted:

He already won, and I can't imagine the actual Republicans wouldn't just want to primary him anyways.

Justice won by 6%.

Trump won by 42%.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

West Virginia is the junk drawer of America.

edit: appoint Jim Justice to Supreme Court to get Justice Justice.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

lol, stock market already on its way back up to where it was.

Panic selling never works kids.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
The big drop CNBC highlighted there was a fraction of a percent, and it's back in the green (for the day) again.

peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot
https://twitter.com/dril/status/893002574957248512

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

:pwn: Imagine your brain being this broken

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Honestly believe that if the media ran with the president Kelly / First Babysitter narrative that dude would be out of a job by Friday

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Teddybear posted:

Very very poor because of the collapse of coal mining. Opioids also hit very hard.

And it was never well off even with a robust coal industry.

Appalachia is a world unto itself.

Kale
May 14, 2010

androo posted:

The big drop CNBC highlighted there was a fraction of a percent, and it's back in the green (for the day) again.

Admittedly not entirely savvy on how the markets work but I assume they deliberately have the ratios in the graph off to make it look like a bigger deal than it is?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Teddybear posted:

Does poverty make you stupid, though? God knows there's a lot of intelligent people who are nonetheless poor.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
How the gently caress did a dem win WV?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Worth noting he was a Republican until 2015. My guess is he wants to be a Senator.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

A grand jury, the grandest and best jury, believe me!

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

reposting this because lol!

hehe DiGiorno :discourse:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Bottom Liner posted:

The last fumes of historical inertia

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kale posted:

Holy loving poo poo. I assume it'll rebound but wow what a time to be alive.

That's a one-day graph. It doesn't show context whatsoever. If it doesn't rebound before they close it could be a deal, but right now looks like nothing to wave in Trump's face.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Al Giordano blocked me to asking them to not use the term "dude" in a derogatory manner because it's offensive to followers of Dudeism. The hypocrisy is overflowing.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

PT6A posted:

Does poverty make you stupid, though? God knows there's a lot of intelligent people who are nonetheless poor.

Kinda, yeah. An average person without an education is really ignorant. An average person with an education is still pretty ignorant.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This is the phase when people who are being investigated start to sweat and make blind deals to sell out others before their poo poo is aired in front of a grand jury to get ahead of a case being built. We just need to wait to see which yellow gently caress squeals to save his own skin first. Once that weak trust is violated a lot more will start rolling over to protect their own rear end since once one talks the deals willing to be cut are less and less advantageous the more mouths open

Kushner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Bottom Liner posted:

He was the executive of a coal company and accused the Republican candidate (who did not grow up in West Virginia) of not sufficiently understanding coal.

• Locked thread