Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Well, actually..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

they are literally getting funding now. if you're gonna get mad about specials that is the dccc's responsibility, not perez.

i mean i think the 50 state strategy is dumb and stupid but he's actually doing it.

hmm, if the resident troll says it's true it must be true! i'll believe it when i see it cc

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

perez did implement the 50 state strategy. state parties are getting funding from dnc again

aren't the state parties kinda worthless

tho i guess i dunno what else he could do rn since the 2018 election season hasn't really started yet so there are no candidates to fund directly

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anything presented as a political certainty by a lanyard is absolutely contrary to any facet of observable reality.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

docbeard posted:

Here comes the beekeeper
With her pitcher full of smoke
She'll put us all to sleep
I hope it's dreamless and it's deep

I love the Purity Bee. May she sting always.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:negative:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Listen up assholes, do you want to win OR do you want a return to normalcy???

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

UHD posted:

the entire party is worthless

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as a reminder:

quote:

The indifference from Washington, D.C., is hard to square against the party's stated ideals for reviving its political fortunes: Quist is seeking statewide election in the fourth-largest state in the union—campaigning in towns that haven't seen this kind of attention from Democrats in decades. But he has not received a phone call from new Democratic National Committee chair Tom Perez, who won office in February vowing to compete "in every ZIP code" across the country, and insisting Democrats must invest in "rural outreach."

After a surprisingly narrow loss in the recent Kansas special election, the DNC drew criticism for failing to put resources into the off-the-beaten path race.

these dumbasses have done nothing to correct this misconception, not even so much as a press release saying "actually, specials are the dccc's department"

if the dnc and the dccc are like the left hand not knowing what the right hand's writing, then there's a need to engage in some public relations to correct that.

but, nah, it's the public's fault for getting it mixed up.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

as a reminder:

these dumbasses have done nothing to correct this misconception, not even so much as a press release saying "actually, specials are the dccc's department"

if the dnc and the dccc are like the left hand not knowing what the right hand's writing, then there's a need to engage in some public relations to correct that.

but, nah, it's the public's fault for getting it mixed up.

lol for the last time normie: it's DNSFC not DCCSC also the DMV has nothing to do with DNC funds, you idiot. you loving moron.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, having two fundraising arms of a political party and only using money from one is like only using one barrel of a double-barrel shotgun to go skeet shooting. "Well, I only had one shot. I'm gonna save that other cartridge for the next clay pigeon."

it wasn't like the dems suffered one of the most humiliating defeats in recent memory or anything and could have used that shot in the arm to build momentum or anything...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the entire party is worthless

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
he allowed them to live, to carry on

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

they need to save up money for glass confetti and kamala harris' slutwalk/roving hamilton production in 2020

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frijolero posted:

lol for the last time normie: it's DNSFC not DCCSC also the DMV has nothing to do with DNC funds, you idiot. you loving moron.

the dnc: the 'd' stands for dnr

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

he allowed them to live, to carry on

Robert Baratheon did nothing wrong.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Clinton herself did not set out to run as “the woman candidate” in 2016, but she leaned heavily on the importance of electing the first female president by the time she clinched the Democratic nomination. Her team handed out “woman cards” as a fundraising gimmick that mirrored a go-to stump speech line, and she even planned her election night party at Manhattan’s Javits Center due to its enormous glass ceiling, expecting to shower the celebrating crowd with mock-glass confetti at the end of the night.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

hmm, if the resident troll says it's true it must be true! i'll believe it when i see it cc

the state partnership program is $10k per month per state party, in addition to a $10 million grant program for state parties to build organizing programs. go google it i guess

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

this Concerned Citizen poster is basically beholden to the party everyone shits on in this thread, aren't they

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

UHD posted:

tho i guess i dunno what else he could do rn since the 2018 election season hasn't really started yet so there are no candidates to fund directly

the state parties have been rotting on the vine for years, neglected and ignored. they often don't get much in the way of resources, they don't have much hope of accomplishing anything, and both the national party and up-and-coming candidates largely ignore them, so they end up as either inept corrupt shitholes or social clubs

that's not an inevitable outcome, though. it's the result of deliberate neglect from national donors and lanyards who consider any money spent outside the battleground states to be wasted

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Rand alPaul posted:

Robert Baratheon did nothing wrong.

of course he did, he let two of them survive

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

should've been real glass when they lost

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MizPiz posted:

three

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i mean, having two fundraising arms of a political party and only using money from one is like only using one barrel of a double-barrel shotgun to go skeet shooting. "Well, I only had one shot. I'm gonna save that other cartridge for the next clay pigeon."

it wasn't like the dems suffered one of the most humiliating defeats in recent memory or anything and could have used that shot in the arm to build momentum or anything...

there's complicated legal reasons why they separate it out, but basically it's a different pot of money that can be spent on specific things. the dccc is the house democratic caucus, and all the house democrats spend x hours every week fundraising for it. the dnc is a much smaller pot of money, but it has unlimited spending for certain things like cash transfers to state parties. the dnc is also still in significant debt, so there's not really money for it to spend there anyway.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Weeping Wound posted:

this Concerned Citizen poster is basically beholden to the party everyone shits on in this thread, aren't they

he's a very minor lanyard who has successfully concern trolled this thread for thousands of pages somehow

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

loquacius posted:

:staredog:

I would have skipped right over this if people hadn't continued talking about it and wow

At what point do you stop being a Democrat doing a bipartisan show of support and start just being a Republican

the Dem who ran in 2014 and 2016 once said "Communism works" so I guess he's too far to the left for them. instead they'll back the "moderate" who almost always votes for Republican policies but refused to endorse Trump

it's sad since it's a genuinely competitive district that the Dem only lost by a couple points in 2014

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Weeping Wound posted:

he's trying to get a job at the DNC and is going to print out this thread and attach it to his resume

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weeping Wound posted:

this Concerned Citizen poster is basically beholden to the party everyone shits on in this thread, isn't he

the boots of the incompetent fuckstains he licks belong to the people who sign his paychecks, so of course he's gonna try to make $200,000 to a state party sound totally comparable to the 1.6 billion spent to lose to trump.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz posted:

Should have purged everyone including his wife.

Josef Stalin did nothing wrong.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

he's a very minor lanyard who has successfully concern trolled this thread for thousands of pages somehow

it really doesn't take much to whip the succ zone into a frenzy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

the boots of the incompetent fuckstains he licks belong to the people who sign his paychecks, so of course he's gonna try to make $200,000 to a state party sound totally comparable to the 1.6 billion spent to lose to trump.

they could buy a house with that kinda money in some states!

can you imagine the dems... with a house!?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Frijolero posted:

mock-glass confetti
metal as gently caress

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

GalacticAcid posted:

ken livingstone is now better than corbyn

“One of the things that Chávez did when he came to power, he didn’t kill all the oligarchs. There was about 200 families who controlled about 80% of the wealth in Venezuela,” Livingstone told Talk Radio.

“He allowed them to live, to carry on. "

drat now that is a headline

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

there's complicated legal reasons why they separate it out, but basically it's a different pot of money that can be spent on specific things. the dccc is the house democratic caucus, and all the house democrats spend x hours every week fundraising for it. the dnc is a much smaller pot of money, but it has unlimited spending for certain things like cash transfers to state parties. the dnc is also still in significant debt, so there's not really money for it to spend there anyway.

translation to reality: it's really simple, they draw from the same bank account. obama transferring his campaign debt to the dnc was a totally sensible move for an organization already having issues and i mistakenly operate under the belief i am worth every penny i earn wearing a lanyard.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

metal as gently caress

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/893194187251867648

lmao

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

2018 is gonna be a loving rout

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

holy poo poo it was really important to her she got to be the first female president. her tell all book is gonna be amazing....

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

lol ofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Weeping Wound posted:

he works for them and learned politics from them. there's an entire generation of political workers who learned everything they know about campaign work from the Clintons and their flock of consultants

• Locked thread