Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
25 hours

e: and is Procurement still the tool of choice for selling stuff or is there hot new technology in the last couple years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So about 25 hours ?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

10bux posted:

Been planning on doing caustic arrow, and seeing as they buffed it, I think ima go ahead and give it a go.

My original plans have all been Scion Deadeye/Occultist, but I'm kinda having second thoughts. Occultist ascendancy just seems a little weak, although the extra passive points would go really far. Second choice would be deadeye, for free pierce and a bunch of proj dmg and AOE. However, just today they switched up Trickster: 5% damage over time per frenzy and power charge, +1 maximum frenzy and power charges, 15% chance to grant frenzy/power charge on kill. Pretty nice node, but, even with max frenzys/power charges it's still only like 40%-60% increased DoT. Not worth it right?

It's been forever since i played CA, plus the new 3.0 wording, so I was hoping some people could clear some things up.

CA chaos debuff is not a "ailment" like poison and bleed correct?
Physical damage, critical strikes, and the physical that's converted to flat chaos, only affect the initial hit?

If these are still true, then the types of damage i want from the tree are: projectile, damage over time, chaos damage, and i guess area? I'm also guessing that I'm still going to want a +3 bow, instead of getting a phys bow or something. It would be nice to scale something else for single target, but i think the +3 bow is still probably best?

Also what class/ascendancy do you think?

For ascendancy I'd maybe try necromancer; even if you don't plan to use minions, you can take Mistress of Sacrifice/Spirit Eater/Beacon of Corruption/Commander of Darkness and run Flesh Offering. You get some free skill duration from Mistress as well.

Trickster is also really good, Swift Killer/Patient Reaper is great and Shade Form/Ghost Dance is a lot of good defensive utility. I'd probably run MoM or CI if you pick Trickster though.

And yeah, caustic clouds shouldn't be an ailment. The only things that should scale the cloud are damage over time, area, and chaos damage, maybe projectile but I'm not too sure (I don't think projectile nodes affect ED anymore so I imagine it'd be similar here).

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 3, 2017

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

and the claw won! posted:

25 hours

e: and is Procurement still the tool of choice for selling stuff or is there hot new technology in the last couple years?

Premium stash tabs is the hot new technology of the last couple years. You can set them as public and list items from them in-game. Still need poe.trade to see other people's listings though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

euphronius posted:

So about 25 hours ?

There's a countdown on their website

and the claw won! posted:

25 hours

Used to use Procurement, but it seems almost pointless now with Public stash tabs being a thing.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

For CA single Target, essence drain in a decay bow on swap used to be the go-to, but it feels slow for buffed bosses!!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

whypick1 posted:

There's a countdown on their website

Used to use Procurement, but it seems almost pointless now with Public stash tabs being a thing.

acquisition is nice if you're like me and have 60 tabs and dont feel like looking at each one for something.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That's the only reason I've used Procurement as of late.

Seriously GGG, why can't I search my entire stash at once in-game?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have an ancient version of Acquisition that I use exclusively for searching my Standard stash when I'm cooking up a build idea. It's easy enough to find my league tabs, but I'll be goddamned if I can remember where I put my 6L Searing Touch from Anarchy.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Like... 50 slots left now in guild. I'm on a late tomorrow and an early Saturday so it'll be like Sunday before I can play: GL rodent and hauki and dbk and katasi and bugsy cos you're dealing with the rush if you're about!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i need an invite on "taking_the_entire_guild_bank_to_sell_for_wisdom_scrolls_because_there_isnt_a_log_of_who_took_items"

thats the char name btw

So if I remember correctly you've now posted a char name that doesnt exist and one that's twice the legal character limit. What's up dude?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Could I get a guild invite for IseeYouSeeMe, thanks.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Estraysian posted:

Could I get a guild invite for IseeYouSeeMe, thanks.

sent

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can I get an invite on New_League_Item_HMMMMMMMMMMM

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'll grab a guild invite then for "voltron". Thank you

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

StoneLikeVoltage would like an invite, coming back for 3.0.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vOv posted:

StoneLikeVoltage would like an invite, coming back for 3.0.

MMF Freeway posted:

I'll grab a guild invite then for "voltron". Thank you

sent

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

TheRat posted:

So if I remember correctly you've now posted a char name that doesnt exist and one that's twice the legal character limit. What's up dude?

yeah i wasn't touching that i already knew it was too long, just like his massiv epenis.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Can I get an invite for "Skullshiel"?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zore posted:

Can I get an invite for "Skullshiel"?

sent

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Budgie posted:

Like... 50 slots left now in guild. I'm on a late tomorrow and an early Saturday so it'll be like Sunday before I can play: GL rodent and hauki and dbk and katasi and bugsy cos you're dealing with the rush if you're about!

That's gonna be rodent probably. I mean, I'll try to be around somebut I've got a bunch of poo poo to deal with at work at least tomorrow and part of Saturday, so I won't really get much time in before Sunday either.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
does this shield charge change:

quote:

Shield Charge now specifically gains more damage for hits as it travels, and not for any damage over time.

mean that whatever my bleed dps in PoB is will be exactly the same as it is in game, regardless or charge length? if so, big thumbs down from this guy

uhhhhahhhhohahhh fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 3, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

mean that whatever my bleed dps in PoB is will be exactly the same as it is in game, regardless or charge length? if so, big thumbs down from this guy

E: not quite, someone made better answer below

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 3, 2017

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
How expensive do Cherrubim's Maleficence and Kaom's Roots tend to be early in a league? The only other big item I need for my DP build is a +3 chaos staff but I think I can get by with a +1/+2 for a while :shobon:

Also the guild I was in is kinda dead so could I get an invite on FrostBoltington?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kaoms roots is just about the easiest div card to farm in the game

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Also the guild I was in is kinda dead so could I get an invite on FrostBoltington?
sent

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Roots are pretty easy to farm via cards I think.

E:fb

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

The tl;dr on the DoT changes is that buffs to the source damage type no longer buff the resulting DoT, just buffs to the DoT itself. The Shield Charge change aligns it to those DoT changes.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
guess i'll be trying to get leap slam to work instead then, or spectral throw

also can i get an invite on PissExplosion?

big shoutout to Rodent for doing everyones invites all the time and instantly

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Can I get an invite on CramSlamNasty if I've been purged? I haven't been able to log in for a week or two to check.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Can I get an invite on The_Parsons? I've been playing SSF for most of this past patch and didn't really think to check if there was a goon guild ingame. It'd be nice to have people to talk to while I blade vortex my way through 3.0

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Can I get an invite on Zharoom? Super hyped about 3.0

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

10bux posted:

Been planning on doing caustic arrow, and seeing as they buffed it, I think ima go ahead and give it a go.

My original plans have all been Scion Deadeye/Occultist, but I'm kinda having second thoughts. Occultist ascendancy just seems a little weak, although the extra passive points would go really far. Second choice would be deadeye, for free pierce and a bunch of proj dmg and AOE. However, just today they switched up Trickster: 5% damage over time per frenzy and power charge, +1 maximum frenzy and power charges, 15% chance to grant frenzy/power charge on kill. Pretty nice node, but, even with max frenzys/power charges it's still only like 40%-60% increased DoT. Not worth it right?

It's been forever since i played CA, plus the new 3.0 wording, so I was hoping some people could clear some things up.

CA chaos debuff is not a "ailment" like poison and bleed correct?
Physical damage, critical strikes, and the physical that's converted to flat chaos, only affect the initial hit?

If these are still true, then the types of damage i want from the tree are: projectile, damage over time, chaos damage, and i guess area? I'm also guessing that I'm still going to want a +3 bow, instead of getting a phys bow or something. It would be nice to scale something else for single target, but i think the +3 bow is still probably best?

Also what class/ascendancy do you think?

Occultist, raider, trickster, ascendant occultist/deadeye, regular deadeye (:lol:) are good choices. I like the ascendant option myself.

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

And yeah, caustic clouds shouldn't be an ailment. The only things that should scale the cloud are damage over time, area, and chaos damage, maybe projectile but I'm not too sure (I don't think projectile nodes affect ED anymore so I imagine it'd be similar here).

Yes projectile damage is back to boosting CA damage they way it should be per the patch notes.

Budgie posted:

Hauki posted:

That's gonna be rodent probably. I mean, I'll try to be around somebut I've got a bunch of poo poo to deal with at work at least tomorrow and part of Saturday, so I won't really get much time in before Sunday either.

Once I get home from work Friday 9:00pm cst or so Ill be on most of the weekend. Rodent is doing an awesome job so far keeping up with the thread.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Anarkii posted:

Can I get an invite on Zharoom? Super hyped about 3.0

Keru posted:

Can I get an invite on The_Parsons? I've been playing SSF for most of this past patch and didn't really think to check if there was a goon guild ingame. It'd be nice to have people to talk to while I blade vortex my way through 3.0

pork never goes bad posted:

Can I get an invite on CramSlamNasty if I've been purged? I haven't been able to log in for a week or two to check.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

guess i'll be trying to get leap slam to work instead then, or spectral throw

also can i get an invite on PissExplosion?

big shoutout to Rodent for doing everyones invites all the time and instantly
sent

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

It patched earlier today for me and seems to include it now. My Dark Pact base damage from skill is showing as 825 - 948 at level 20 at least. And the more damage part of the calculation is showing 168% from Dark Pact too.

e;fb

I've actually got a fair amount of ways to keep scaling Dark Pact, but have two problems with it. First, all the big increases seem expensive. I'm only on 5L for example since I'll probably take a while to get 6L. The staff only has +Chaos Gems and a decent Spell Damage roll, no Cast Speed which would add like 20k dps on its own - but that would be crazy expensive. No spell damage or cast speed on my gear really, just life/resist/stats. All my jewels are spell damage/%life/either stats or resists. So on so forth. This isn't a big deal then after all, only means I'm worried about leveling/early mapping with it if it gets a sizeable nerf.

My big worry is that cast speed is the best damage scaler for me atm, but I don't want so much that I'm losing more life than I regen, the breakpoint of which is at ~4.44 casts/sec with my simulated build/gear. That's why I haven't picked up Spell Echo for example despite it being a larger dps increase than some of my current supports, since that would push me to 5.3/sec. And this is with a Kaom's Heart too, putting in a regular decent rare chest my regen drops by like 350 and the breakpoint drops to around 3.9 casts/sec. And as I said, this is with almost 10k HP but little cast speed on gear and none on jewels. Because of this I'm not actually sure I can actually do decent dps while maintaining a positive life regen while constantly casting at all, at end-game levels. Probably gonna have to do a cast -> dodge -> cast kind of rotation. Makes big hits quite dangerous while casting unfortunately.

Use Pledge of Hands staff I think also I think you go Zerker VP for the leech.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I ain't gonna make it online before the guild fills

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

I ain't gonna make it online before the guild fills

you dont need to be online to get a guild invite

Elephants
Aug 8, 2014

Please add "cocahi" to the guild, thanks

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Elephants posted:

Please add "cocahi" to the guild, thanks

done

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

TheRat posted:

i believe the name you quoted is intended to be humorous, an example of the form of discourse known as a "joke"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh .character name:

Emalf_Smetot

Thank you .