Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

blue footed boobie posted:

He's not too attractive right now,

I'm pretty sure he's looked like that all his life tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Der Shovel posted:

I'm pretty sure he's looked like that all his life tbh
No he looked normal until Arsenal paid an eye-bulging £42.5m to Real for him and he's looked like that ever since.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't know that I've heard of a single club expressing serious interest in Ozil.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Neymar is a free agent

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wish I were a half billion euro twink

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
you're more two pound ten a tit and a fiver for the arse

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

JFairfax posted:

What the gently caress where are these so called "moderators"

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
legal age of consent,

Brazil - 14
Spain - 16
France - 14

hmmm

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reprisal posted:

legal age of consent,

Brazil - 14
Spain - 16
France - 14

hmmm

:frogon:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

JailTrump posted:

They could of gotten James for 45m

No they couldn't, same as no English club could've bought Bonucci that cheaply. If a player is open to where they move then a club can drive up the price when English clubs express an interest, but if a player is good enough to say 'I'll only move to this club/country' then it limits their fee. If James or Bonucci had moved to England it would've been at least £60m each.

The exact reason Wenger would rather lose Alexis on a free next season is because clubs were trying to lowball him and in this ridiculous market there is no way he could buy anywhere near that quality. Almost makes sense, in an insane way.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I like how in Italy it's no big deal that a club doesn't have the money to complete a transfer they already agreed to.

It just matches the rest of the economy to be fair, but also lol if you think teams just walk around with duffel bags full of cash when a transfer is completed. Only City, PSG and probably Chelsea can afford to do that with their blood money.

Bape Culture posted:

I'm right here lolling at that post OP

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm right here lolling at that post OP

Brutal.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

No they couldn't, same as no English club could've bought Bonucci that cheaply. If a player is open to where they move then a club can drive up the price when English clubs express an interest, but if a player is good enough to say 'I'll only move to this club/country' then it limits their fee. If James or Bonucci had moved to England it would've been at least £60m each.

The exact reason Wenger would rather lose Alexis on a free next season is because clubs were trying to lowball him and in this ridiculous market there is no way he could buy anywhere near that quality. Almost makes sense, in an insane way.

It will probably take like 55m to get Lemar, and that's for a 21 year old who would still need to acclimate to the Premier League. And you've got clubs bidding 35m for Sanchez. It's bizarre.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's because Sanchez can leave for free in a year.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

JFairfax posted:

lmao

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

wicka posted:

It will probably take like 55m to get Lemar, and that's for a 21 year old who would still need to acclimate to the Premier League. And you've got clubs bidding 35m for Sanchez. It's bizarre.

It is almost as if one player is a promising young player with a long contract and a team that doesn't need to sell and the other is a player that actively wants to leave and is out of contract next summer.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Shrapnig posted:

Exactly. If he was locked in to a long contract the price would be higher, naturally.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

This makes sense when you're talking about a club like Bayern, who actually care about finances. Not when you're talking about PSG and City, for whom money is no object (obviously), and who desperately want to be winning the Champions League right now. For gently caress's sake, PSG is paying TWO HUNDRED MILLION for Neymar, they can't find 20m extra for Sanchez? Plus, it's not as if they wait a year and automatically get him. They're going to have to compete with many more clubs if there's no fee involved.

And hell, van Persie went for 25m in the last year of his contract five years ago. 35m for Sanchez is a joke, regardless of the situation.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Gaston Ramirez had his medical with Sampdoria today, looks like that will be official soon

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://www.psg.fr/pro/article/neymar-jr-au-paris-saint-germain

Neymar is official then

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

The two stars were signed for a combined €69 million

Nice

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Spurs are supposedly interested in Suso. Can anyone tell me if he is any good?

I imagine he would be cheap since AC Milan is made of imaginary chinese money.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

MrBling posted:

Spurs are supposedly interested in Suso. Can anyone tell me if he is any good?

I imagine he would be cheap since AC Milan is made of imaginary chinese money.

He's great and precisely because Milan is made of fake Chinese money he will be very expensive.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Very confused about the Drinkwater to Chelsea rumours. I like the guy but he's not stood out that much last season, isn't making the England team right now and wouldn't even be going cheap. Does Kante have big pull?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Blasmeister posted:

Very confused about the Drinkwater to Chelsea rumours. I like the guy but he's not stood out that much last season, isn't making the England team right now and wouldn't even be going cheap. Does Kante have big pull?

He didn't make the England team when he was a premier league winner having the season of his life, I wouldn't use that as a measure of anything.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Apparently Neymar needed new challenges which is why he wanted to join PSG? How brave.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

T Bowl posted:

Apparently Neymar needed new challenges which is why he wanted to join PSG? How brave.

Maybe it's a Brewster's Millions type challenge?

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
That new avatar name combination, that Neymar got on Steam.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

T Bowl posted:

the tax laws are different in france

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
222 million euros seems like a lot of money.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

T Bowl posted:

its actually that Neymar wants to gently caress boys and girls

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/893179177301573632

Iheanacho for ~25m is a Done Deal, finally. Happy to have another fun surname to join Drinkwater, Ndidi and Fuchs.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Reprisal posted:

legal age of consent,

Brazil - 14
Spain - 16
France - 14

hmmm

:yikes:

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/TeamMessi/status/893201480731242497a

spicy

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
erm, where is he, that doesn't look like the nu camp

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Blasmeister posted:

Iheanacho for ~25m is a Done Deal, finally. Happy to have another fun surname to join Drinkwater, Ndidi and Fuchs.

What the gently caress, he took 8?? Must be the Kolarov school of squad numbers at work here.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ah yes, the Adidas branded fan group Twitter account created for Messi throwing shade on Nike player Neymar.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

He's a good player, 25m will be a lot when Leicester get relegated

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Neymar's level of cuntishness proves he's perfect for PSG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Ah yes, the Adidas branded fan group Twitter account created for Messi throwing shade on Nike player Neymar.

My guy Thrapnig here to thet the record thraight

• Locked thread