Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS3 port of Bayonetta was pretty bad anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

The PS3 port of Bayonetta was pretty bad anyway

The WiiU version is technically like the one to have in regards to performance right now, isn't it? Outside of the PC one, I mean,

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey everyone, friendly reminder: Shovel Knight DLC is now available for Blaster Master Zero. Free for two weeks

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Downloading the heck out of that even though I don't own and may never buy Blaster Master Zero.

It's kinda weird that they allow you to do that, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss out on free stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's worth the $10, it's very good

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I am Setsuna is on sale. Is this a decent game to scratch my turn-based-rpg itch?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mario Odyssey is gonna own.

:yeah:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hey everyone, friendly reminder: Shovel Knight DLC is now available for Blaster Master Zero. Free for two weeks

oh poo poo I thought it wasn't for a while. I better beat the game faster so I can play as all the neato new characters

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I am Setsuna is on sale. Is this a decent game to scratch my turn-based-rpg itch?

It is a game that exists and is turn based. It is not a bad game. Is it a good game? Ehhhhhhh

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
I did it once before to grab another DLC for the same game. It was that genie last time. I download them for free and then immediately delete it. I just want to be able to get it again in the future, should I ever want or have a need.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The WiiU version is technically like the one to have in regards to performance right now, isn't it? Outside of the PC one, I mean,

It has some frame drops bosses compared to on 360 but the Nintendo costumes more than make up for it.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

There is also clearly a demo of Master Blaster Zero for anyone on the fence. I agree, it is fun to play. I love how you can leave your vehicle and there's like little rpg zones amongst the platforming. I still haven't bought it though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

No, it's aggressively mediocre.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Phantasium posted:

No, it's aggressively mediocre.

So it's a JRPG? :rimshot:

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
How's that Fate/Extella game? It's basically a musou game with the anime turned up to 100, right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What ended up happening with the black haired squid singer

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Imagine the Switch, but with amazing games.

Whoah, life seems worth living again.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Especially if you have any fondness for Blaster Master on NES you owe it to yourself to get it stat. It's pretty much a remake with a ton of QoL changes that makes it feel more like a modern game.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Fancy Hat! posted:

How's that Fate/Extella game? It's basically a musou game with the anime turned up to 100, right?

Musou games are already 100% anime

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yeah, also it's good despite not having an open field due to being a port of a Vita game from PS4.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Lobstertainment posted:

Embarrassing gamer confession: I owned Bayonetta on PS3 and played for like half an hour. I have since seen the light of Platinum games and will buy the hell out of the switch release. MGR was so so good.

I played Bayonetta during the beta phase when it was called Devil May cry.

It wasn't so bad for a ps2 game, maybe someday i will play the sequels.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

I played Bayonetta during the beta phase when it was called Devil May cry.

It wasn't so bad for a ps2 game, maybe someday i will play the sequels.

Bayonetta is better than devil may Cry and I say this as someone who beat the best dmc, 3, on every single difficulty

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bayonetta is probably the best 3D action game ever. The sequel and Metal Gear Rising are close behind it imo.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It's not as good as Bayonetta or MGR but I also really liked Transformers Devastation.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did that retro city whatever come out? Is it good?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Cojawfee posted:

Did that retro city whatever come out? Is it good?

I'm at work so I can't vouch for if it is out or not. However, this is not the Hawaii one, that comes out by Christmas.

This is a port of the pc and 3ds game. It's a bit obnoxious but there are tons of classic game references. Missions that play exactly like the opening scene of Metal Gear, jokes about GTA, nods to Double Dragon etc.

It's pretty fun but sometimes I was like "geezus give it a rest, game."

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Beastie posted:

I'm at work so I can't vouch for if it is out or not. However, this is not the Hawaii one, that comes out by Christmas.

This is a port of the pc and 3ds game. It's a bit obnoxious but there are tons of classic game references. Missions that play exactly like the opening scene of Metal Gear, jokes about GTA, nods to Double Dragon etc.

Apparently the game is also balanced a bit better gameplay wise from the other versions.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Fancy Hat! posted:

Yeah, it scratches the musou itch pretty nicely even if the special moves go on a bit long and the story is pretty inscrutable (it follows a PSP-only dungeon crawler and another which never made it out of Japan).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Beastie posted:

Oh, I guess Shakedown Hawaii was the one I was interested in. Maybe I'll check out the first one on steam and return it if I don't like it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Save your musou energy for fire emblem warriors. Which DOESN'T HAVE IKE WHAT THE gently caress

(I know he'll be in dlc later but seriously what the gently caress)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zelder posted:

Save your musou energy for Dragon quest Heroes

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Why would I need to save musou energy for games that I've already played???

Fire Emblem Warriors will probably be good if it's another case of TK just smashing together mechanics from other Musous that worked like Hyrule was, so even with the narrow roster focus on base version it'll probably be fun. Don't think I like the heavy DLC slant that Hyrule brought to Musou, given that I much prefer full expansions ala Xtreme Warriors with new campaigns plus a handful of new guys rather than season passes but whatever Ike's :10bux:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I really like dragon quest heroes but it's probably the biggest diversion from most musou games out there. Really good but it scratches a different itch

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

raditts posted:

The Jackbox Party Packs are also on Switch so I'd rather just play Quiplash instead of Quiplash But Worse

Use Your Words is a lot more fun than Quiplash in my experience

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/8bitdo/status/893124434482962433

Arcade stick board that's at least half the price of the Hori brand.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I want to eventually get around to buying Blaster Master Zero and Mighty Gunvolt Burst. It's weird that the Switch already has too many games compared to what the Wii U was like at this point.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I got one, pick it up Friday. Got Mario Cart 8 with.

First console where I've licked a cartridge before ever seeing the console.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Eifert Posting posted:

I got one, pick it up Friday. Got Mario Cart 8 with.

First console where I've licked a cartridge before ever seeing the console.

Goongratulations.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I hear people bitch so much about there not being enough titles, but we know about like 80 so far, and I personally have more than I can really handle already and I am still planning on purchasing 5 more games that are already out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It tasted bad but from what I read I was expecting more.

• Locked thread