Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hell with vapes, just do edibles

Little rso, little pill or chocolate, down it goes, one two three boom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've got this fancy distillate stuff. why is it good? It's 100% THC I think but much more expensive than shatter which is like 80%.

its pineapple flavoured which is weird.

e: edibles are good but they gently caress me up too much the next day

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Edibles are an excellent supplement to a day of being blazed, but IMO they take too long to kick in and I always have to eat a ton of them to get proper blitzed and end up smoking throughout the day anyway

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
yeah also I need to eat like 150mg to get anything decent my gut flora must be getting ripped tho

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They are a loving godsend on flights/trains, though. The train from Amsterdam to Berlin and the flight from Barcelona back to NY were quite pleasant.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

COMRADES posted:

My dumb town refuses to let dispensaries open so I either gotta drive my rear end like 40 minutes one way to Vista or call a delivery service which takes 30-60 minutes on average. It's okay though I call omw home from work and it works out fine.

This is the epitome of first world problems

"Oh no! I have to wait an hour for legal weed to be delivered to my doorstep! Oh, the humanity!"

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Kelp Me! posted:

This week's concentrates: Peppermint Cookies (GSC phenotype) and Tahoe OG Kush.

The Tahoe is one of the strongest and fastest body highs I've ever experienced.

I have an oil cartridge of Tahoe that is my "go the gently caress to sleep right now" strain. Nothing knocks me out like Tahoe.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Me! posted:

This week's concentrates: Peppermint Cookies (GSC phenotype) and Tahoe OG Kush.

The Tahoe is one of the strongest and fastest body highs I've ever experienced.

I haven't had Tahoe in a couple of months, but god drat do I miss it. That was the best hangover or "today was fuckin' hell" days.

Today I am getting my first two oil cartridges. Excited, since I've been wanting something more discrete.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Black August posted:

Edibles don't do anything for me. Ate a 250mg gummy while walking around comicon and got like, a little high, maybe. I think.

Of course my buddy ate like a little crumb of a cookie and had a complete freak out session so who the gently caress knows.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

bagmonkey posted:

Today I am getting my first two oil cartridges. Excited, since I've been wanting something more discrete.

thats definitely their forte, that and total convenience - all u really are required to do is insert cart / press button, inhale, get high within seconds w/o any bullshit...repeat to taste / charge battery ...which is why the things are prob gonna be what turns the cannabis industry into the new big tobacco (just think about why the cigarette became the most popular way to enjoy tobacco and u may notice a lot of common ground)

my preferred brand is Space Ape as they are prob the best in terms of flavour (as ofc most cart pens dont hold a candle to a rig or convection vape in that department) - however they tend to be more expensive than others (and theres a lot of knock offs out there) and also when u have them on hand u or at least i tend to rip thru them a little too quickly because of the reasons above so i tend to only grab some every month or so, that way i can enjoy them best (p much gettin high af while on the move - like hiking or walking alongside a beach, they are perfect 4 that!)

also, i havent posted a weedkend update for a while but i did get some Gorilla Cookies oil (gorilla glue #4 x thin mint girl scout cookies: *****) recently and my goodness is it one fine rear end strain cause its a fkn Terminator m8s

until next time, toke care of urself - and each other :420:

http://i.imgur.com/p1NnLge.gifv

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 3, 2017

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Black August posted:

more like one two three four five six, uhh nothing's happening better eat another, seven eight nine ten eleven twelve OH

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

Edibles are an excellent supplement to a day of being blazed, but IMO they take too long to kick in and I always have to eat a ton of them to get proper blitzed and end up smoking throughout the day anyway

Yeah this is why I'm happy just bustin out the vaporgenie instead of making butter and all that, although if someone else makes it I'll gladly take some haha

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just smoked some marijuana so this thread is a welcome respite.

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My legal marijuana dispensary in the state that I live in in the USA sometimes pulls some bullshit on me and shows me something different in the jar that I get in the pill bottle at the register. It's like a loving optical illusion so I just respect their business spirit and be more careful next time.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Trump.mp4 posted:

I just smoked some marijuana so this thread is a welcome respite.

*beckons from corner with flagon of mead*

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I am using the stylus on my vape. I am high as gently caress.

Also, ended up stopping at my local headshop who I love and getting a battery there. Apparently from a more local company with a quality guarantee or something also it works and I'm high. Hello!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The sky is filled with smoke from wildfires and holy poo poo did it make the sunrise look sweet this morning.

Even if the only thing I had to smoke was pipe resin, it was still amazingly chill and awesome.

Namaste.

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Walrus posted:

*beckons from corner with flagon of mead*

I smoked the marijuana like a cigarette

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Got home from my run today and got a free eighth. It's lovely weed but god it's better than resin.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Is a high from vaping weed (not oil) just significantly different/less intense/more wasteful than smoking a bowl or am I doing it wrong.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Different insofar as it creeps up on you over time instead of hitting you immediately, also tends to be a headier high

Should be using less product to get your desired results though, what vape are you using? Could need to play with the settings, or it could just be a stinkeroo vape

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I bought a davinci ascent, it had good reviews on weed vape sites

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Tendai posted:

Is a high from vaping weed (not oil) just significantly different/less intense/more wasteful than smoking a bowl or am I doing it wrong.

Vapeing dry herb does feel less intense to me. I actually prefer it that way but each to their own.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tendai posted:

Try just smoking the weed like a non-cyborg.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tendai posted:

I bought a davinci ascent, it had good reviews on weed vape sites

That's a good unit - try setting the temperature at something over 400 and hit it until you stop seeing vapor

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Here is a simple guide for imbibing weed:

Step 1: Smoke the weed

Repeat step 1.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I vaped weed throughout college in order to keep from getting in worse trouble from stinking up the joint and the vape high really did wear out for me after a while. Smoking just does it better for me even though my lungs are kinda not overly happy about it.

Also vapes have come along way since the old whip style Vapor Bros. Those things got so gunked up and nasty looking...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I really love taking big fat dabs but holy gently caress I cough like I'm dying for like 5 minutes afterward

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mozi posted:

I vaped weed throughout college in order to keep from getting in worse trouble from stinking up the joint and the vape high really did wear out for me after a while. Smoking just does it better for me even though my lungs are kinda not overly happy about it.

Also vapes have come along way since the old whip style Vapor Bros. Those things got so gunked up and nasty looking...

when I was in college my friends and I pooled some money for one of the very rudimentary vaporizers they sold at the local headshop. this was in the mid 90's. it was basically a small glass fish bowl, upside down on a stand. on the stand, inside the bowl, was a little metal heating element made from what looked like a soldering iron with a small metal plate attached - you'd put your weed on the plate, and inhale then through a hose connected to the stand. this is the same basic idea that later developed into the much nicer Vapor Bros style you refer to

the oil cartridge pens we have these days seem almost like a miracle in comparison.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Earwicker posted:

when I was in college my friends and I pooled some money for one of the very rudimentary vaporizers they sold at the local headshop. this was in the mid 90's. it was basically a small glass fish bowl, upside down on a stand. on the stand, inside the bowl, was a little metal heating element made from what looked like a soldering iron with a small metal plate attached - you'd put your weed on the plate, and inhale then through a hose connected to the stand. this is the same basic idea that later developed into the much nicer Vapor Bros style you refer to

the oil cartridge pens we have these days seem almost like a miracle in comparison.

I remember fish-bowl vapes! God, those things sucked.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I also heard about people making vapes from drip coffee machines back in those days, never tried that one though

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
One of the few things that actually worked as expected from the Jolly Roger Anarchist's Cookbook was making a vape out of a vanity light bulb. The threading on the bulb and a soda cap are near identical so you would drop your weed into the bulb and screw the soda lid on and have quite a nice crackhead-style vape. Thankfully even 15 year old me knew this looked too sketchy for words, so I only did it once or twice but it did work decently.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
do y'all ever wonder if marijuana is good to get high on

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Les Os posted:

do y'all ever wonder if marijuana is good to get high on

Wait, what? I've been using this poo poo as mulch for my garden. Am I doing this wrong :confused:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Dumbass question time: I got some concentrate a while ago and left it in my car for a while so it melted and it became stuck to the paper. I put it in the freezer and that helped a little but it's still pretty messy to work with. I've been using a dental pick to transfer to my vaporizer.

Is this the best method? What do you do if your concentrate melts?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The freezer is my preferred method to get melted wax malleable. It's been a spicy summer, so some of my rec shop grams have been getting gooey while they sit in my desk drawer waiting to get cracked into. Usually I put the paper in the freezer and by the time I've remembered that I put it in there it's solid and can be worked. Then I just transfer it to a silicone slick for usage.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
That's what I've been doing. Just wondered if I'm being dumb and there is some weed wizard way of getting the sticky unstuck.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oscar Wild posted:

Dumbass question time: I got some concentrate a while ago and left it in my car for a while so it melted and it became stuck to the paper. I put it in the freezer and that helped a little but it's still pretty messy to work with. I've been using a dental pick to transfer to my vaporizer.

Is this the best method? What do you do if your concentrate melts?

A lot of the concentrates I get are more of the waxy hard-to-work-with kind. usually if it came in a fold of wax paper I'll just leave it in there and use a tool to take whatever I need (dental pick sounds good, most dabber tools are basically that anyway).

Also some kinds of concentrates actually get too hard in the freezer. I've had stuff that was hard to work with, so I froze it, but then when I went to try and put it in a silicone container it was so frozen it started cracking and shattering and little flecks were flying everywhere. Try the fridge first in those cases.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Gay Weed Dad posted:

One of the few things that actually worked as expected from the Jolly Roger Anarchist's Cookbook was making a vape out of a vanity light bulb. The threading on the bulb and a soda cap are near identical so you would drop your weed into the bulb and screw the soda lid on and have quite a nice crackhead-style vape. Thankfully even 15 year old me knew this looked too sketchy for words, so I only did it once or twice but it did work decently.

Yeah I tried that once or twice, it worked but I felt like regardless of if I used an uncoated bulb I was still inhaling some noxious poo poo. IIRC I tried it more as a novelty than anything, like taking hot knife hits back in the day (which I guess is the original precursor to modern dabs?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mozi posted:

My babby rear end lungs can't handle smoking, since I never smoked anything else, so vaping is superior, and also it takes way less weed to get you high with vaping.