Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, he's out of the same loose mold as Caleb as just wanting to "beast" stuff and build numbers and not really grasping the intricacies of the Big Brother game. Like, the best analogy I can come up with is the very true fact that every time Cody sits down at the chessboard with someone he plays checkers.

Although, its worth pointing out that Caleb was generally well liked by both his Survivor and BB castmates which is why he was able to survive his many, many flaws and make it to F4 in BB16. Cody's just a dick who everyone hates and he likes living his life that way.

So again, I don't really get why Cody is doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why does Jessica want Alex out?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Orange Sunshine posted:

Why does Jessica want Alex out?

Because Cody hinted that he liked Alex early on and Jessica has had a vendetta against her ever since

When it comes to Jessica's motivations always think of the most petty reasoning possible and you'll hit more than you miss

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Those conversations between Jessica and Cody made me like Jessica for the first time. I loved her speech where she says, "I don't want to be with a hothead who gets into fistfights". Cody's dimwitted "I AM ALPHA MALE ME DOMINATE LESSER MEN" attitude has run into the brick wall of the reality of the Big Brother game as he's failed utterly and realized he has no chance of winning. So we finally get Cody facing who he is, which is the guy who can't keep a girlfriend and isn't close to his family or friends because he's a huge dick.

I liked seeing a more human side of Jessica instead of her usual Queen Bitch persona, but I doubt she has enough self awareness to have learned anything from any of this.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I feel the opposite. It was really lovely for her to attack Cody for admitting he's no good for her. Cody is awful, but I felt bad for him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The sympathetic part of me felt bad for both of them. Cody's a dick who has been loving up Jess' game since Week 1 and like, the stuff she was mad about wasn't even game stuff it was "we don't work as a couple" real life breakup poo poo. Cody's a hothead and Jess can't deal with that and Cody doesn't do conflict resolution. On the flip side Cody obviously did feel bad for loving up Jess' game and possibly hurting her. His mindset is a little patronizing with the "jump on a grenade" stuff but I believe he thought he was doing the right thing.

But ultimately as much as Jess would like to blame Cody for all her problems she's played a terrible game too and is responsible for this week and last. They've both played terrible games and turned the house against them and a lot of it is because they essentially decided to go all Bonnie and Clyde with their showmance after knowing each other for less than 2 weeks. I hope they live happily ever after because if they don't they (well at least Jess) threw a lot away for a summer fling.

For their benefit I hope they turn out to be Brenchel and have a kid they name something very stupid (they were discussing dumb child names but I forgot them). Just please don't come back.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 3, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Faustian Bargain posted:

I feel the opposite. It was really lovely for her to attack Cody for admitting he's no good for her. Cody is awful, but I felt bad for him.

I'm watching it now, and no. He acted like a little bitch. All "poor me, you don't love me because you criticize me for acting like a huge rear end in a top hat 24/7".

Like, you can't act like an rear end in a top hat nonstop and then whine and act like a baby because people constantly criticize your actions. They constantly criticize your actions because your actions suck and are unnecessarily hostile.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Mahoning posted:

I'm watching it now, and no. He acted like a little bitch. All "poor me, you don't love me because you criticize me for acting like a huge rear end in a top hat 24/7".

Like, you can't act like an rear end in a top hat nonstop and then whine and act like a baby because people constantly criticize your actions. They constantly criticize your actions because your actions suck and are unnecessarily hostile.

The terminology is "making victim noises"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Julie intentionally not saying anything about a live vote and eviction this week :D

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

E A R S

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha You like assholes so much because you love talking out of yours

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Ugh this is so boring

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
god what is this. This is real bad.

"this is embarrassing for everyone"

Matt's first line of the season is correct as hell.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Josh is amazing

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I really hope production just told Jess not to use the Hex, so we can move the game along...

Well poo poo...

Another week of Jody vs the house.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 4, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

god what is this. This is real bad.

"this is embarrassing for everyone"

Matt's first line of the season is correct as hell.

He was just mad he couldn't crawl under a rock during all that.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Is Paul eligible to play in this HOH?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Mahoning posted:

Is Paul eligible to play in this HOH?

Apparently not, which I feel is kind of bullshit

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
It's funny how mad the Jody stans are over the edit.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Alex what the gently caress, are you throwing?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Eltoasto posted:

Alex what the gently caress, are you throwing?

Agreed. Wtf was that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahahaha yes

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

JOSH GONNA COOK SOME MEATBALLS

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
episode redeemed

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
DID SOMEBODY ORDER MEATBALLS?!?!?!?!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

lol at Julie yelling at Christmas to go faster.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm guessing DE next week given she said Big Brother horror week

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

loving Josh...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The best ending possible.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
You guys hear the oven beeping?

The meatballs are done.....

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha they accidentally cut to fish

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Best way that could go, Josh will be Paul's puppet, but I want him strutting around in the HOH robe 24/7.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We know how this week is going to go barring Safety/POV wins but a Josh HOH is definitely the recipe for maximum chaos and insanity. And demoralizing as hell to Jody.

I think that edit could have been harsher to either side. Stuff was left out of it both ways, but I chalk that up more to time constraints than production picking a favorite. They showed Jess starting it, Paul stoking it, Raven losing it, Paul pushing to extend it into the mob, and people saying that it was an ugly scene. They could have show more of the ugliness. They also could have shown Jess going at Jason and comparing what he said to her attacking his wife, or Cody guilting Alex that he was loyal to her and then lying about the deal to target her. But that would have taken a lot of time on a packed episode so I think they probably did the best job they could to show both sides with limited time.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Jessica using the Hex was incredibly stupid. Cody is not going to be winning the game, so let him take the fall and even if the house didn't hold up their end of the deal, you have a minimum of 14 more days before you can be evicted. Now there is a good chance she will be the next go if she still sitting on the block next week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

On paper I agree but BB is a personal, emotional, social game and its one thing to go all gamebot and says "if I cut my showmance I have 2 weeks to recover my game" and another thing to actually cut the guy you've spent every waking minute with for a month, told him you love him, and not only discussed marriage and children but actually discussed the possibility of already being pregnant.

Don't get in showmances, kids.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 4, 2017

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Wow, just looked up Jokers Update and saw that Jess and Cody are two of the favourites. Is there some sort of disconnect happening?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A ton of feedsters love them because they hate Paul and they're against him, which is probably how Jess got the Hex in the first place. Then there was a big push for them after that mob scene on Monday where every one decided Cody and Jess have done nothing wrong and were innocent victims and the only thing that mattered was the genuinely bad stuff done on Day 41.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
It confuses me because it's like I'm watching an entirely different show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well you often are watching a different show from the feeds, but really you just have to accept that the feedsters are an obsessive bunch who form really strong opinions and stans and everything. Things tend to go in waves and big narratives take over. The main narrative of this season in feedster world is "gently caress Paul And Everyone With Him" and that got a big push with the shitshow on Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There's something I've noticed multiple times regarding Jessica and Cody. Somebody will be making a joke or something will happen that will make Jessica laugh. Because she's next to Cody, you see him, staring stone faced like a statue every time. Does he seem to have normal human emotions on the live feeds?

• Locked thread