Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
OK - the heist thing never got settled. But I did manage to scrape together enough cash to do a CEO business and a special warehouse. I've filled it 4 times. I'm about ready to upgrade to a medium warehouse. The money is starting to come in - hopefully I can start buying cool poo poo soon like..super cars and .... I dunno..... a helicopter. Bling bling, motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PadreScout posted:

OK - the heist thing never got settled. But I did manage to scrape together enough cash to do a CEO business and a special warehouse. I've filled it 4 times. I'm about ready to upgrade to a medium warehouse. The money is starting to come in - hopefully I can start buying cool poo poo soon like..super cars and .... I dunno..... a helicopter. Bling bling, motherfuckers.

Dude nooooo don't buy a special warehouse. That was a waste of your time. Definitely DO NOT buy a medium warehouse.

Buy a vehicle warehouse and steal and sell cars instead, its way way way more fun and more profitable.

If you want something in addition to a vehicle warehouse I'm pretty sure the drugs are more profitable even than the dumb CEO warehouses. Those are old, from when R* was still figuring poo poo out. Don't bother.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

PadreScout posted:

if you must grind crates just stay with a small warehouse and don't fill it with any more then 11 crates - that helps keep the sell missions manageable and also keeps it small so it's not a big juicy target for griefers

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Dude nooooo don't buy a special warehouse. That was a waste of your time. Definitely DO NOT buy a medium warehouse.

Buy a vehicle warehouse and steal and sell cars instead, its way way way more fun and more profitable.

If you want something in addition to a vehicle warehouse I'm pretty sure the drugs are more profitable even than the dumb CEO warehouses. Those are old, from when R* was still figuring poo poo out. Don't bother.

Vehicle warehouse, eh? I was going to buy my medium special warehouse tonight, but vehicles sound more fun. I'll save up a bit more and try that.

edit: So long as we are on it.. this drug running. MC content right? Is it soloable? I'm pretty lucky at getting into empty lobbies - so griefers aren't really a thing for me.

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 2, 2017

taters
Jun 13, 2005

coupedeville posted:

if you must grind crates just stay with a small warehouse and don't fill it with any more then 11 crates - that helps keep the sell missions manageable and also keeps it small so it's not a big juicy target for griefers

Learn how to split a solo lobby as well. Additionally, if poo poo starts to go south on a sell mission you can quickly quit to story mode and save most of the crates.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

PadreScout posted:

edit: So long as we are on it.. this drug running. MC content right? Is it soloable? I'm pretty lucky at getting into empty lobbies - so griefers aren't really a thing for me.

I find arms manufacturing is way more viable and more fun solo than drugs. One full bar of supplies nets you 210k to sell far away and always gives you one vehicle to do it with in my experience. I have done 25 sales and have never gotten two vehicles when I was by myself.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Another for the CON column, if you're moving from a small to a medium or large warehouse, you can't trade it in, so you now have 2 warehouses. Only going from small to small allows you to move from one location to another via trade in

I/E vehicle work is a good one for just dropping in and stealing/selling a few cars a night if you want. The immediate payout helps in that respect, some sense of 'getting poo poo done' instead of grindgrindgrind and then sell(plus the upfront costs suck if you on a budget and/or new)

Gunrunning(and the MC drug/docs/cash businesses) are way improved over crates; being able to steal supplies instead of buying every one, predictable schedule of income, and the missions seem better both supply side and selling

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I forgot you can use arms for money and not just research

In order of fun and profit: CEO Vehicle Warehouse > Gun Running Bunker > MC Drug Factories > CEO Warehouses

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I got "participate in a rally race" as a daily objective. So far I have had one pubbie that cant figure it out. Can anyone help in the next hour or so? On the xbone as jameswatts.

astrollinthepork fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 28, 2017

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My warehouses more than paid for themselves, but I'm never running crates en masse again. I/E cars are much simpler and more profitable, once you get it so you'll only source high-end cars.

I do like the bunker business, too, stealing supplies gives me something to do, like going Rambo on Human Labs.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

I/E cars are much simpler and more profitable, once you get it so you'll only source high-end cars.

This, this right here is a really important part.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

BitBasher posted:

This, this right here is a really important part.

For whatever dumb reason I always had the hardest time wrapping my head around the way to count correctly. Recently I grabbed all 32 individual cars for the collections which turns out to be… All 32 unique cars.
At this point it becomes extremely easy. If you want to steal the T 20, Sell the One from the collection and the next time you steal a car it will be exactly that. If you want to steal to high-end cars, just sell two of the high-end cars and they will come back
Once this clicked it sure made a lot more sense than trying to worry about 80% of the cars and what not

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just sell the high end car as soon as you get it. there's a cooldown on everything so

source - sell - supply bunker
source - sell - headhunter
source - sell - sightseer
source - sell - head hunter
source - sell - sightseer
source - sell - sell bunker
source - sell - supply bunker

Repeat that over and over, hour after hour, day after day, and after about 40 hours you should be able to buy a car or something.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Recently I grabbed all 32 individual cars for the collections which turns out to be… All 32 unique cars.

That's how it always works. You can't get a duplicate until your 33rd car. So just never source the 33rd car. If you have no duplicates in your garage and you have less than 32 cars then the next car will always be one of the ones you are missing.

Powershift posted:

Repeat that over and over, hour after hour, day after day, and after about 40 hours you should be able to buy a car or something.

It's not that bad. I seem to do a little over 200k an hour on average. Not sucking at driving and having good situational awareness really adds up.

It also adds up like crazy when you can get some folks together and sell 4 high end cars at a time for a straight 300-320k profit in one shot.

Then you go:
source - source - sell
source - source - sell
source - source - sell
source - source - sell
source - sell - return to regularly scheduled programming

Until you are back at 32 cars/80%

You have 12 unique cars in the top end class before you run out so if you have friends those are drat nice cash infusions.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 3, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Okay, so $200k an hour. for the oppressor you need a bunker which is $1.2m for the lovely ones way the gently caress out there, $1.5m for the truck with the mod bay if you want the missiles, and $2.65m after you've done 14 supply runs and the mission for it.

That's $5.35m or 26.75 hours of work. an 8,000,000 shark card is $100, 5.35m is 66.875% of that, or $66.88, divided by 26.75 hours, that's $2.5 an hour. you're working a virtual job in a lovely video game for $2.5 an hour so you can buy the thing that's fun.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

If it were profitable they couldn't sell shark blah blah blah

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I'm pretty sure it's been discussed, but when you're using the MTU trick on PS4 so you get into mostly/usually solo public sessions, can you invite friends? It'd be nice to unload this full bunker without stress from griefers. Seems dumb to try making that sell solo, though.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed, but when you're using the MTU trick on PS4 so you get into mostly/usually solo public sessions, can you invite friends? It'd be nice to unload this full bunker without stress from griefers. Seems dumb to try making that sell solo, though.

Yes, but once your friends are in there the matchmaking will allow pubbies to start joining on them. If your friends are also doing the MU thing then you will gave a hard time getting connected or staying connected with each other.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

titties posted:

Yes, but once your friends are in there the matchmaking will allow pubbies to start joining on them. If your friends are also doing the MU thing then you will gave a hard time getting connected or staying connected with each other.

Got it. Thanks.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
If one was so inclined - and had a router that was sufficiently advanced (most ISP provided routers suck, but most anything you buy at a Best Buy or NewEgg should be able to do it) you could theoretically block all IPs from the GTAV range (the list is available on the internet) and then whitelist the IP (and appropriate ports) of your friends and essential R* multiplayer services. This would allow you to play with friends in public matches while keeping the ignorant masses out. Or so I hear.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PadreScout posted:

If one was so inclined - and had a router that was sufficiently advanced (most ISP provided routers suck, but most anything you buy at a Best Buy or NewEgg should be able to do it) you could theoretically block all IPs from the GTAV range (the list is available on the internet) and then whitelist the IP (and appropriate ports) of your friends and essential R* multiplayer services. This would allow you to play with friends in public matches while keeping the ignorant masses out. Or so I hear.

On PC you can just use this:

https://github.com/Dysanix/SessionSweeper

Pause/Break to empty session, invite friends and then Scroll Lock to lock the session.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
it also acts as a useful nope button when a modder teleports you into the briny depths and attaches several hundred ferris wheels to your torso in an effort to crash your game.

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 3, 2017

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

On PC you can just use this:

https://github.com/Dysanix/SessionSweeper

Pause/Break to empty session, invite friends and then Scroll Lock to lock the session.

Yeah - that was more directed to a PS4 person. I understand software is definitely the way to go on PC, or so I am told.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
for anyone hoping the grind would end, Take Two's latest quarterly financials show a strong revenue return from GTA Online and support will continue longer than they'd originally planned as a result. like a hundred million over expectations which were already a couple hundred million - just hilariously huge numbers in a quarter where I don't think any take two studio released a single game

and any hope RDR2 won't have wild west shark cards should be long gone now. :laugh:

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 3, 2017

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Thinking on it - is there a reliable way to hook up with goons for heists and such? I am in the crew and on both camping the stairs/goon theft auto. There never seems to be anyone around actively talking. Am I best off just creating a game/heist/whatever and inviting crew with fingers crossed?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Psion posted:

for anyone hoping the grind would end, Take Two's latest quarterly financials show a strong revenue return from GTA Online and support will continue longer than they'd originally planned as a result. like a hundred million over expectations which were already a couple hundred million - just hilariously huge numbers in a quarter where I don't think any take two studio released a single game

and any hope RDR2 won't have wild west shark cards should be long gone now. :laugh:

those numbers are pretty amazing given how ridiculous everything regarding the in-game economy has become over the years

for longevity sake in future games they should just let you purchase novelty items directly to avoid the same inflation problems gta has or at least introduce some sort of gold sharkbar style separated premium currency that every other game does which lets players buy exclusive pay 2 barbie stuff but can also be spent as normal cash

lol when buying a horse ranch costs 10million cowboy bucks just to grind another 50 hours of chocobo style mating to get a horse that is 5% faster top speed than someone who only has enough to get drunk and start a bar fight in town

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Looking to get back into this, stopped playing just after the heists came out. Sorry if this has been asked a bunch but what should I be going after, clubhouse? Bunker and mobile thing? An office? I've got about 1.1 mil.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

TomVanDam posted:

Looking to get back into this, stopped playing just after the heists came out. Sorry if this has been asked a bunch but what should I be going after, clubhouse? Bunker and mobile thing? An office? I've got about 1.1 mil.

Zaphod42 posted:

In order of fun and profit: CEO Vehicle Warehouse > Gun Running Bunker > MC Drug Factories > CEO Warehouses

I would get a cheap office and then get a cheap vehicle warehouse and maybe a cheap bunker. The rest probably isn't worth the money sink investment to get started and isn't even all that fun.

If you wanna see what MC drug deals are about just join some random guy's crew in a public session, you'll get sick of it fast enough.

Vehicle Warhouses are IMO the most fun way to grind money, and this is a game and so you should be trying to have fun and not just turn this into a job. I guess this is slightly personal taste.

The bunkers let you both make money and unlock fancier weapons and cars, but you kinda have to pick one or the other or split your resources.

The drug warehouses and the CEO warehouses (non-vehicle) are both very grindy and involve missions that can be a huge pain in the rear end at random, and god help you if anybody else is in your session. They'll kill you at the last second, you'll get $0 for like 40 minutes of work, and you'll even end up losing money. Same thing can happen with vehicle warehouse stuff but its easier to get it done quick and feels like much less investment.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It's also entirely possible not to get all that poo poo because 1.1m won't take you far and boy is this a game of have and have-nots these days

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Psion posted:

It's also entirely possible not to get all that poo poo because 1.1m won't take you far and boy is this a game of have and have-nots these days
I'm with this guy, just be rich, it's fantastic. You can just buy whatever and don't have to worry about accidentally pushing the wrong button and losing a pile of money.

Then you can just have fun and do whatever instead of having to work away at van driving missions.

All the dumb fucks who bought a shark card just to get a little bit ahead have cemented this as a reality in video games going forward. You will now have to work hard to be able to enjoy it. They've hosed up video game economies as badly as the real life ones, burning down some people's last escape from reality.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Powershift posted:

I'm with this guy, just be rich, it's fantastic. You can just buy whatever and don't have to worry about accidentally pushing the wrong button and losing a pile of money.

Then you can just have fun and do whatever instead of having to work away at van driving missions.

being rich IS pretty awesome in GTAO, but that's not really my point. All these freeroam things are, at the end of the day, is a 1.5 million (or more) up front cost with a slow and risky return on investment. It's trading a lot of time for a tiny drip of GTAbux.

so you can just skip them. Yeah you'll miss out on some content, but you're going to miss out on some stuff no matter what - not unless you have a couple hundred million hackerbux anyway. Prioritizing and buying on sales only gets you so far (btw, do that) and then what? You're outta money and you still haven't gotten everything.

if you had to push me into picking any one freeroam scheme it'd be an office and a vehicle warehouse for i/e, but I had an office already and making my warehouse money back took too long. Making both back? I hope you really like driving cars and getting mad at aimbot AI. Don't get the MC clubhouse. The bunker/MOC unlock some nice stuff, but the bunker's entire reason to exist is to steal all your money. All of it.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

PadreScout posted:

Thinking on it - is there a reliable way to hook up with goons for heists and such? I am in the crew and on both camping the stairs/goon theft auto. There never seems to be anyone around actively talking. Am I best off just creating a game/heist/whatever and inviting crew with fingers crossed?

Since everyone else decided to ignore you, I'll let you know there's a discord server, pretty sure the link is in the OP. Nobody really uses cts mumble for GTA anymore. I'm usually down to heist though so feel free to hit me up on discord (buckshot#3555) or steam (WASD| bam margera) & we can get down.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Session Sweeper link was fantastic, thank you!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Psion posted:

being rich IS pretty awesome in GTAO, but that's not really my point. All these freeroam things are, at the end of the day, is a 1.5 million (or more) up front cost with a slow and risky return on investment. It's trading a lot of time for a tiny drip of GTAbux.

so you can just skip them. Yeah you'll miss out on some content, but you're going to miss out on some stuff no matter what - not unless you have a couple hundred million hackerbux anyway. Prioritizing and buying on sales only gets you so far (btw, do that) and then what? You're outta money and you still haven't gotten everything.

if you had to push me into picking any one freeroam scheme it'd be an office and a vehicle warehouse for i/e, but I had an office already and making my warehouse money back took too long. Making both back? I hope you really like driving cars and getting mad at aimbot AI. Don't get the MC clubhouse. The bunker/MOC unlock some nice stuff, but the bunker's entire reason to exist is to steal all your money. All of it.

Agreed; but how are you going to make money in the first place? Doing missions for other CEOs is a sucker's move. Grinding headhunter gets old and has cooldowns. Unless you have a crew to grind heists with, getting the vehicle warehouse is probably worth it.

But like I said, gently caress everything else. Not worth the investment, takes too long to pay for itself and then pays at too slow a rate.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Unless you have a crew to grind heists with, getting the vehicle warehouse is probably worth it.

If anyone's looking for a heist crew just feel free to check my custom title for hints in finding a non dead LFG.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

TBH the best dollar per hour gain is just loving around in freeroam until you get lucky and get millions of hackerbucks rained on you.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Floppychop posted:

TBH the best dollar per hour gain is just loving around in freeroam until you get lucky and get millions of hackerbucks rained on you.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Powershift posted:

Okay, so $200k an hour. for the oppressor you need a bunker which is $1.2m for the lovely ones way the gently caress out there, $1.5m for the truck with the mod bay if you want the missiles, and $2.65m after you've done 14 supply runs and the mission for it.

That's $5.35m or 26.75 hours of work. an 8,000,000 shark card is $100, 5.35m is 66.875% of that, or $66.88, divided by 26.75 hours, that's $2.5 an hour. you're working a virtual job in a lovely video game for $2.5 an hour so you can buy the thing that's fun.

All of that is irrelevant to me because I legitimately enjoy running I/E car sales. I've delivered like 260 cars now. It's not a grind (for me), I like doing it.

Don't do it in solo lobbies, it gets boring and you get shot at and make less money. Do it in public lobbies. Have some situational awareness. It's more exciting with jackasses chasing you.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 4, 2017

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Lets roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Floppychop posted:

Yep.

That Sessionsweeper program came in handy tonight. Managed to get a few cars sold in an empty session, then jumped into a near-full session and blew up other peoples' cars.

• Locked thread